• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

My Kosh! It's Full of Videos!

channe

Regular
My Kosh! It\'s Full of Videos!

I was wandering around the local mall before our dinner reservations, itching to spend my FYE gift certificate. So, my friends and I walked into FYE, and I, in order, found:

1. The ENTIRE set of B5 VHS tapes;
2. Two copies of the B5 DVD
and, the piece de resistance:
3. Five Christopher Franke Episodic CD's.

Now, my jaw was on the floor. I have never seen so much B5 merchandise in one place before, especially since I had been in this same FYE during the summer and seen absolutely nothing relating to The Little Show That Could.

Good sign, folks.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Re: My Kosh! It\'s Full of Videos!

Sell everything you have and go get 'em all.
smile.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Very ironic, Channe. Over Christmas I went into a Fye at the mall and bought
the "Sleeping in the Light" and "Objects at Rest" tape.
I also noticed the very large collection of B5 videos they had.

------------------
"Ink on a page!" -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.
"Life is life, whether it's wrapped in skin, scales or feathers." -Dr. Franklin

I noticed that too when I went to FYE! They had a large amount of tapes, and at least five copies of the DVD out in a prominent place. Couldn't miss it.

------------------
Faith Manages

Ok, dumb question of the evening ... what is FYE?

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
"Ah, you seek meaning?" ~ "Yes." ~ "Then listen to the music, not the song." —Ambassador Kosh & Talia Winters

Wow, I wish we had something like that out there. I see B5 videos at Suncoast, but they don't have EVERYTHING. The ONLY place that I was able to find B5 episodic CDs at were Best Buy, and again, they only had a few CDs. I made my best find at Borders, where I got my Crusade CD. And since I purchased it, they haven't gotten any others in.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

wtf is fye

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

A music store that has a movie section and a few other things. Assuming I'm thinking of the right store.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Our local FYE store carried that stuff when it was still known as Camelot, but not that much all at one time. I did buy a lot of the B5 videos that I have in that store, especially my season 1 and season 5 copies.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

FYE = "For Your Entertainment."

It's a large store chain that took over / changed the name (I don't know which) of many stores under the auspices of TransWorld Entertainment. (I think - all I know is that a number of local Camelots and Record Towns became FYE's within the last two years).

It's all over northeast US, and ranges from small teensy mall-stores featuring only music to large behemoths with VHS, DVD, CD, and poster/t-shirt/comics/promotionals.

It's also hideously expensive.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

So, how was the gift certificate spent?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

It was going to be spent on the soundtrack to the French film Amelie, but the store didn't have it in stock yet.

It waits, in my purse, for the day when my special order reserve comes in!
smile.gif

------------------

I've gotten a couple of things from FYE and found the prices reasonable if not better than most.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

now how did they sell the tapes for-- also is this "FYE" an american store- east or west coast- anywhere by NYC so i can pick em up

------------------

Channe said that they're in the NE US a few posts up.

I live outside of DC in Maryland which is in the middle of the eastern shore but I can't tell you how far north or south they go.

------------------

The year is 2002. The name of the place is FYE.

Thanks Channe! Now you know I'll have to hit the mall and find some of my favorite episodes! Alas owning the whole series will have to wait until such a time as when

A) That many tapes are easier to store

and

B) When I possess sufficient funds
tongue.gif

------------------
"Consider it an Adventure" -Galen

I own the whole series. Six to a tape, taped off of the Sci-Fi Channel's last run. I have them all but the first five of Season 5, which I don't care about, anyway...

Hrm.

------------------

At Concord Mills mall in North Carolina, theres a store that has alot of B5 soundtracks. But for some reason I didn't look for the movies or shows.

------------------

Channe, I thought you of all people would be able to enjoy "The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari"
At least from a writing standpoint.

------------------
"Ink on a page!" -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.
"Life is life, whether it's wrapped in skin, scales or feathers." -Dr. Franklin

Back