• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS speaks on features for season 2 & 3 DVD's.

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

JMS speaks on features for season 2 & 3 DVD\'s.

JMS said the following (cut and pasted from jmsnews.com) concerning the season 2 and 3 DVD releases:

"Interviews for year 2's DVD have been set, or already conducted, with Stephen Furst, Andrea Thompson, John Iacovelli, Anne Bruice-Ailing, Jerry, Claudia, Bruce, me, John Copeland, Doug Netter and others.

In addition, I'll be doing commentaries on "The Coming of Shadows" and "The Fall of Night," and there will be a bonus group commentary by Bruce, Claudia and Jerry on "The Long, Twilight Struggle."

There's talk about a special musical sequence for the season 3 DVD, with Chris re-scoring 2-3 episodes end to end with non-stop music, future segments on "The Future According to Babylon 5" with NASA and JPL guys (btw, James over at a certain House subcommittee, if you're reading this and could drop me a note, that'd be great). I'd like to see the final bonus section on year 5 be about the fans of the show.

Point being... they're putting a LOT of energy and work into this to make each set better than the one before."

A bonus group commentary by Bruce, Claudia and Jerry!!! How cool is that?! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Re: JMS speaks on features for season 2 & 3 DVD\'s.

NOTE: The above post was not edited for content. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry, Jim, I'm just really anal about the funky line breaks that happen when stuff is copied and pasted from other sites. I just had to clean them up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Joe

Hey, Joe. Please forgive me, I'm honestly not sure what you're referring to. Did I accidentially print mis-information. Sorry, I'm still knd of ignorant concerning web site postings even after over a year of psrticipating. I put what I believed to be JMS's words in quotes. Please tell me what I did wrong for future referrence. Thanks.

Not seeing your original post but knowing what sometimes happens when you just cut and paste from somewhere else, I can guess that it
looked
something like this. In other words, line breaks appearing at random places, some lines short
and other lines longer again.

Kind of disrupting to reading. It's usually a good idea to check for this with the preview feature and if necessary, then delete the extra spaces at the end of the lines.

Anyway, back on topic ... thanks for posting this and woo-hoo! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Sounds cool.

Excelllent. I was afraide my post might be inacurate for a time there. This is cool news, isn't it. 2 JMS commentaries and one with 3 main actors. Way cool. And that thing with 3 episodes running back to back with uninterrupted music?!! Wow! We got some stuff to look foreward to. No doubt. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

This is so cool. The new sets sound awesome. I can't wait for them to come out.
It seems WB are doing allot to make the new sets even better.

This is so good news can't wait to pre oreder them when they go on sale .Definately sounds like WB is putting work into them. Now if they could get Micheal O'Hare to do an interview on WWE it would be even better.

They've definitely selected the "right" episodes from S2 for the commentaries. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Those three were IMHO without a doubt the best eps of S2, and also the most important as far as the arc goes.

It is a bit strange though to have Bruce, Jerry and Claudia do a commentary on The Long, Twilight Struggle as for me, the emphasis was on the Centauri and Narn stuff in that episode... although of course there was the Draal/Epsilon 3 angle as well, so I suppose Bruce and Claudia would have plenty of interesting stuff to say about that.

Sounds amazing! Can't wait till I can buy them.

i have a feeling that we dont see Andreas (Katsulas) and Peter (Jurasik) in extra features. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I put out quite a bit of cash to buy the commercial tapes for Season 1 and I can't quite bring myself to fork over more
cash for the DVDs. However, when Season 2 is released I will be standing in line with the rest of the folks.

I dont have my tv/video down here at uni, so the dvds will be great for watching on my pc. Christmas here I come.

i have a feeling that we dont see Andreas (Katsulas) and Peter (Jurasik) in extra features.

I don't see why you're assuming that. Lots of this stuff comes down to scheduling. Claudia was going to tape an interview for the documentary on the S1 set, but had to cancel at the last minute. Now she's doing even more for S2. Peter decided to take a break from the Hollywood rat race, so it may be a matter of when he can get to Los Angeles or when Warner Bros. can get a camera crew up to him. (Of if they think it is worth the expense.) Andreas tends to stay pretty busy, playing multitude of character roles. He may not even be in the country at the moment.

I do love the fact that Jerry, Claudia and Bruce are doing a "gang" commentary track. I urged that idea on Warner Bros. years ago. I'd really love to see some other pairings over the remainder of the series - Jason Carter and Richard Biggs for one of the episodes during their mission to Mars, Andreas and Peter for any number of episodes that focus on Londo and G'Kar, Bill Mumy and Mira for a Delenn/Lennier episode. I also hope that they get Walter Koenig to do one before the end, maybe "The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father", since that would allow him to discuss Bester's evolution over the whole series without spoilers. And, of course, Michael O'Hare on both parts of "War Without End". I think Kosh_N came up with the perfect first line for O'Hare to say on the commentary track: "Hello old friends" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

B5 isthe only dvd Ill buy and actually watch the extras on at this rate.

Good news, I'm liking it . . . but there's still nothing about what I really want to know. Is Melissa Gilbert going to do the stuff in "Revelations," to clear up that continuity error, or not? I've heard rumors she taped it, but nothing ever confirmed.

If you remember, the flashback in "Z'ha'dum" was indeed Melissa Gilbert retaping the other actress's words, just to make it abundantly clear to the audience that it was the same character.

They probably won't re-shoot it like that, primarily because that other actress is in the credits, did the work, and recieved the money for it. They don't re-shoot entire seasons when they re-cast a role on other television shows.

To me, it's a non-issue.

^^^ What she said. I dont think they COULD re-shoot it, since a prior actor is credited for that role. It would be nice, but probably not possible.

I don't think that counts as a continuity "error". The original actress was not available, the episode had to shoot by a certain date, they had to recast the role. These things happen.

That being said, Melissa actually recorded the entire letter to Liz Sheridan, not just the portion we see in S3, with the thought that they might go back and replace Beth Toussaint's version. I suspect that residual payment problems and/or SAG rules may have made this impossible, or maybe it would have just been too expensive a change for what would have been gained. I suspect that if this had been feasible it would have been done for when the new widescreen masters were created for Sci-Fi.

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back