• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS speaks on features for season 2 & 3 DVD's.

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Re: JMS speaks on features for season 2 & 3 DVD\'s.

Well I already have all the episodes in VHS form, DVD's aren't a vast improvement as they just magnify the errors, and bad film present. The extras, and chapters are the main thing that attract me to DVD's... as long as the frames are viewable and the sound audible then I don't much care. As I don't have surround sound or a huge widescreen TV to experience that side of things (nor does it appeal to me enough to justify the expense).

Earlier DVD's suggest I'm right as they didn't have any extras, and season 1 didn't exactly seem like they put 100%. Whether they care or not is moot since the result is still the same. Me saying there 'should' be one for each episode isn't literal but an expressment of the amount of effort that 'should' be put in.

I just don't see the great barrier that would stop them from putting even more commentaries. I'm sure each cast member wouldn't mind doing perhaps two commentaries, have them pick the episodes that meant most to them. And hey presto, a bunch of tracks. Guest stars could come in, I'm sure most would welcome it if they had a positive experience. Crewmembers could as well, as in there are a LOT of people from whom to draw from. Editing and recording devices are quite cheap and very easy, so they'll hardly be footing a huge bill. If royalties are an issue, then have them sign-off on the right. They'll earn more from the royalties from the DVD episodes anyway, only good sense to help out a potential big paycheck. *shrugs*

Re: JMS speaks on features for season 2 & 3 DVD\'s.

Being standard, when the standrad is half-arsed does not negate the point. I agree that most series barely put the time in to make great, doesn't make it any more justified to do the same for B5 other than 'we just want our paycheck'. As to them not getting paid, boo hoo, they'll live when the royalty checks start rolling in for the DVD reviewers are praising for having so much content. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif How hard is it to take a day out of their schedule to talk about the thing that made their careers, or at least make them meaningful. Something thats been so positive for them, gave them the chance to travel the world, meet the amazing fans and so on. Frankly I think most people would kill to be in the same position, with the same chance.

Yes I can, four in fact, Futurama, Simspons, Mr Show and south park. No doubt there are more, point is it can be done. Whether they go the whole hog is not that important to me, but I feel they could easily do better.

Would be cool if JMS, Mira and Wayne all did it together... but I'm not gonna hold my breath. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back