• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Episodes re-broadcast?

GKarsEye

Regular
I'm getting a new satellite service today and was pondering acquiring Showtime to see Jeremiah. The thing is, I really don't want to start watching in the middle. Does anyone know if they plan on showing the eps from the beginning?

I also have to decide if it's worth it to pay for a whole bunch of extra channels just to watch one TV show. However, I have a feeling that you all would tell me it is. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Well, if you get it installed before this Friday, JMS himself said that this next episode (Firewall) is a great place to jump in. He called it "this season's answer to B5's Signs and Portents".

There is no repeat schedule planned (that I know of) but I assume it will after this run of new episodes is done. That probably means after the first season is finished. The only repeats are on Showtime Beyond which show the previous Friday's episode the following Sunday at 10:45pm ET/PT. If your provider offers this Showtime channel, get it since you only get one shot on Friday (unless you get two satellite feeds).

And, yes, it is worth it just for the one channel even in the middle of the season. It is that good. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color=yellow>I'm getting a new satellite service today and was pondering acquiring Showtime to see Jeremiah. The thing is, I really don't want to start watching in the middle. Does anyone know if they plan on showing the eps from the beginning?

I also have to decide if it's worth it to pay for a whole bunch of extra channels just to watch one TV show. However, I have a feeling that you all would tell me it is. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

While I can's say with certainty, if Showtime forllows the same pattern as it did with Stargate SG-1 they will rerun the episodes when the first half of the year's series over and before the start of second second half. In other words, Showtime aired the SG-1 season in two parts with a break in between. They may do the same with Jeremiah.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>Nope, I'm pretty sure they're showing 'em straight through!</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

In that case they will probably rerun at the end of the first season and before the second season begins.

What is the episode schedule like? Does it work like a network (September - May), or is it some weird thing like HBO or Comedy Central?

If the season ends in May, I'll just catch the repeats after it's over, so that I'll be all caught up by the time the second season starts.

The satellite is being installed today (in fact, it should be done be now- I can't wait to get home), but we only signed up for the basic stuff and all the sports channels (the reason we got the dish), so I won't have Showtime unless I call them and change the service.

The season wont be ending in May. They are only on episode 6 or something currently, so there is a ways to go until Episode 22. Check your private messages BTW, I dropped you some insight.

Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>The season wont be ending in May. They are only on episode 6 or something currently, so there is a ways to go until Episode 22.</font color=yellow>

Uhm, there are only 20 episodes in the first season and it should be ending sometime in July if my calculations are correct. Next week is episode #8. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Also, since it is pay cable ... I think they pretty much set their own schedule for when a season airs. It probably even depends on the show too. *shrug*

So far the eps have been mostly stand alone, similar to early B5 season one, and it would not be difficult to catch up. I think I may be one episode behind though. You should be alright if you jump in now.

I wouldnt exactly say they were stand alone episodes. Since stuff in episodes 1,2,3 came up again in a story for 4,5,6.

If you are hooking up to DirecTV and you already bought the sports pack, then the Showtime/Movie Channel package is worth the extra ten bucks per month. Also, Jeremiah is in DD 5.1. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I get all of the Showtime channels for free. All you have to do is tell your satelite company that that you saw the six months of Showtime for free offer on T.V. and they will glady hook it up for you. I got my free Showtime three months after my service was installed. Just say "Hey, where's my free Showtime" and they'll turn it on. Trust me, I've done it. You are not stealing or conning anyone, this is an actual promotion they have running now.
Thanks
Car

I'm sorry, I meant to add this to the previous reply. The Showtime package really sucks, Showtime is terrible. If you actually pay for it you will only watch "Jeremiah" and "Stargate SG1". I have like 9 channels of Showtime and hardly ever wach them. They are free, otherwise I would never pay for them. If you want to pay 10$ a month for 4 episodes of "Jeremiah" then it is worth it for you. Just make sure you record them because when "Jeremiah" isn't on you will want to cancel Showtime and then renew for the next season.
Thanks
Car

Well, I don't expect Showtime to be any good, because they mostly show movies, and I never watch movies off of TV except for occassionally on TCM. So, yes, I'm paying just for this show, which goes to show you how much I respect this guy's work.

I just might cancel Showtime between seasons, but that would only save me like 30 bucks or something. Eh.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color=yellow>Well, I don't expect Showtime to be any good, because they mostly show movies, and I never watch movies off of TV except for occassionally on TCM. So, yes, I'm paying just for this show, which goes to show you how much I respect this guy's work.

I just might cancel Showtime between seasons, but that would only save me like 30 bucks or something. Eh.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Showtime had better come up with some good series beside Jeremiah after Stargate is finished because if they don't, I'll be history on their network.

I'm with GKE. I am all about cancelling Showtime in the Jeremiah off-season. There just isnt anything else really worth watching on there for the money. Now, if they picked up Rangers... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>I'm with GKE. I am all about cancelling Showtime in the Jeremiah off-season. There just isnt anything else really worth watching on there for the money. Now, if they picked up Rangers... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

You have that right. They might, repeat "might", have a movie worth watching every month or so.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gangster:
<font color=yellow>You have that right. They might, repeat "might", have a movie worth watching every month or so.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

In April it would IMO be "Traffic" and "Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai." They are showing GD:TWOTS in letterboxed format. /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif In May it will be "Apocalypse Now Redux."

The mighty GKarsEye has seen Jeremiah, and it is good.

I got all escited when I watched the first episode and the credits said, "Created by J Michael Straczynsky." Yeah, baby!

It's also great to see a JMS show with the following three things:
1. Budget
2. Tits
3. Cursing

I now understand why JMS wasn't too heartbroken over losing the Rangers show. He gets a series with star power and more freedom than he would have with Rangers.

Theo Huxtible is all growed up!

They named a character "Theo," which was annoying, because Warner is "Theo" to my mind. Perhaps they did this on purpose, forcing me to not think of Warner as Theo anymore.

As you may have expected, the mighty GKarsEye never watched a single moment of Berverly Hills 90210, so Luke Perry isn't typecast for me. From now on, while the rest of the world will think of him as Dylan (and I only know that name because my girlfriend told me), he will be Jeremiah to me.

The episode with Jason Priestly was great, due in no small part to Priestly himself.

And the woman behind the glass is absolutely stunning!

I think it's pretty obvious that Jeremiah's parents were directly involved with the virus somehow, and that Jeremiah has some important connection to the whole story other than just happening to run into the right crowd.

I also see the seeds of a possible rivalry between Jeremiah and Kurdy. Jeremiah gets more of the credit and attention- from the waitress in the first episode, from Priestly's character, from the children in the Red Kiss, etc. Kurdy has already made it a point to bring attention to how he's "pulling his weight." At some point, he may get sick of being the sidekick.

Anyway, this post serves as warning to y'all: I am here.
Unfortunately, I'll probably not watch these episodes as they air, because it's on at a Friday night. Ugh. I probably won't watch them until Sundays or something.

Back