• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Episodes re-broadcast?

Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color=yellow>The mighty GKarsEye has seen Jeremiah, and it is good.</font color=yellow>

Heh, told ya so. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<font color=yellow>I now understand why JMS wasn't too heartbroken over losing the Rangers show. He gets a series with star power and more freedom than he would have with Rangers.</font color=yellow>

I know, as much as I liked the Rangers and wanted to see where it would take us, it pales in comparison to Jeremiah.

<font color=yellow>I think it's pretty obvious that Jeremiah's parents were directly involved with the virus somehow, and that Jeremiah has some important connection to the whole story other than just happening to run into the right crowd.</font color=yellow>

Yes, but where will the show take us and how will we be shown these things? That is what is keeping me glued to the screen. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=yellow>I also see the seeds of a possible rivalry between Jeremiah and Kurdy. Jeremiah gets more of the credit and attention- from the waitress in the first episode, from Priestly's character, from the children in the Red Kiss, etc. Kurdy has already made it a point to bring attention to how he's "pulling his weight." At some point, he may get sick of being the sidekick.</font color=yellow>

I thought it was Kurdy who got the attention from the waitress?
<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">After all he ended up with the chick. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif</font></td></tr></table>
Or, are you talking about how she came on to J but not to K at first? Also, Kurdy made that point about pulling his own weight only because Jeremiah freaked out on him (which he explained later).

I don't really see Kurdy as a sidekick but I did think it was funny how the kids in The Red Kiss referred to him. And the whole, Kurdy with a "K"? Getting confused with someone else named Curdy? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif Still, I do see how there could be friction ... especially from the sounds of this week's episode.

Anyway, welcome to the forum ... glad to finaly have you here. However, if this thread continues along these lines (talking about the series in general and not about the re-broadcast schedule), I will have to split it off into it's own thread. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Re: the waitress
She only boffed Kurdy because Jeremiah told her to. Before that, she turned him down.

Everywhere they go, Jeremiah's the go-to guy, even though they both kick ass. However, when it comes to crunch time, Kurdy always does defer to Jeremiah. Kurdy's first instinct is to ask him for the "plan." Hopefully, at some point, we get to see Kurdy assume some leadership.

I'm just saying that this can lead to some conflict, either a purely internal one for Kurdy, or express itself through conflict with Jeremiah, or both. After all, the two don't know each other very long at all, and in that post-apocalyptic mess of a world, trust is rare commodity.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color=yellow>The episode with Jason Priestly was great, due in no small part to Priestly himself.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Yea I thought he was great in that as well. He had a way of really bringing out the unsettling nature of that character. WAY different role than his 90210 days I am sure. Even my roommate commented while watching that episode that he liked the guy a lot better in Jeremiah than in 90210. I am sure the same applies to Luke Perry.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back