• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Ranger sets

That's a good question. Knowing Warner Brother's reputation, they have probably already burned them. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Maybe they're the cause of one of our MANY terrible fires here in the drought-stricken southwest USA. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Hypatia, that's terrible! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

The sad news is, you are probably right. I wouldn't be surprised if they did scrap the sets. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Hypatia:
You're as much of a skeptic as I am. And that is saying something! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gangster, and RW, I think at this point it would be called being a "realist" wouldn't it? /forums/images/icons/mad.gif It just kills me when crapola royola gets season 2 or 3 or more these days, when projects that (in my not-so-humble opinion) had much more potential get scrapped.

I agree with you, Hyp.

No matter how much I get criticized for going on and on about Rangers' potential, it did have a lot of potential. There was a lot of character there, a lot of conflict lurking behind the "let's get along" facades of many of those Liandrans. There were even a number of understated main thrusts, one of which I appropriated, modified, and am now using in the fanfic, but -

I would have loved to see what could have been done with a series. While I couldn't see it being as out-there as Farscape, as it's far more SF than our favorite psychotic-human show, the story would have been pretty solid.

JMS still has the chops. He's showing that in Jeremiah. It was a semi-lousy movie, but it would have made a good series.

I am going furniture shopping now.

You'd think they would sell them to B5 freaks like us. They could make money on them, rather than burning them!

Just where are you gong for this furniture shopping of yours, Channe? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif You seem to have a unique sense of decor.

I have to say that the characters of "Rangers" is what I like the most about it. As I've said many times before, I rarely like pilots. It's hard to care about "people" you have just "met" an hour ago or so. But I really thought these characters had great potential.

I'll just have to stick with my ever-so-familiar habit these days of avoiding most television. I still want to give Farscape a try, but I keep missing it. Why do they put all of this sci-fi on on Fridays, anyway? /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I've been wondering the same thing about scifi on Fridays. Tonight, for example, we have Tomb Raider, Odyssey 5 & Jeremiah on Showtime at the same time Stargate SG-1 & Farscape are on Scifi Channel, plus the Braves baseball game is on. Fortunately I have three satellite receivers, TV's and three VCR's (in different rooms) so can record Showtime and Scifi while watching the Braves game. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Wow, talk about being prepared! That's great... (as the power goes out) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

My favorite furniture store ever is the Bombay Company. Ever, ever, ever. I can't afford any of the stuff in there, though, so I go in with my trusty digital camera, take pictures, hit up the craft store, and go from there (for the lamps, at least). I decorate with tapestries and dark wood, and I love things that look semi-ornate and antique.

Although I would just love the Liandra's main table for my living room/dining room (if I had one, of course). That would be the ultimate conversation piece. "Where'd you get that?" "A Minbari attack vessel." "I didn't know you decorated with an Asian influence, Channe." "Um, they're not exactly Asian..."

Backup generator. <LOL> Only thing that shuts me down is a sever T-Storm to interrupt the sat signal. (And none in the area this evening.)

Wow, I'm impressed, Gangster! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif (Sorry, there is no "looking impressed" smiliey.)

I live in a town that has many power outages at certain times of the year. But it sounds to me as though the world could end and you'd still have about 3 hours or so of tv broadcasts to watch! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Go get 'em! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Yep! At least 3 hours before the end. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I live in a small southeastern Oklahoma town that also has frequent power outages -- mainly from squirrels playing on transformers during the day but power often goes out during sever T-Storms.

Oh, no, poor squirrels! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I was referring to our thunderstorms, actually. We have the "monsoons" and several things can make the power go out:
1) lightning. I'll never forget when I lived further up in the mountains than I do now watching a storm roll in and a lightning bolt hit the mountain across the highway from me (not very far, I lived very close to the highway at the time). It hit at the same height I was at. I shut the window quickly and felt very lucky that day

2) storms. I don't know if it's the wind, the rain, both or a combo, but I know they can take our power out

3) people crashing into a main power pole. I don't know why, but some very main power poles are located very close to one of our highways. Especially in a storm, it can be bad.

Anyhow, I could use a generator, but it's never been a bother for long enough for me to want to purchase one. Not yet, at least, we've been lucky. Besides, I have cable and I doubt that would function with the main power out anyway.

I'm familiar with Arizona weather. I worked throughout that area for several years. Always liked the Flagstaff area.

And it is any one, or a combination of wind/rain/lightning, that takes out electric power.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You'd think they would sell them to B5 freaks like us. They could make money on them, rather than burning them!

[/quote]

You're forgetting, they're greedy AND stupid, and sometimes those two traits come into conflict with one another. Remember, the favorite maneuver is machinegunning their own foot off.

If W.B. is true to form, they'll burn them in an area where they'll be fined for producing the smoke, and they'll remember the fine as a black mark against B5.

Well said, KoshN! Now if Showtime's Odyssey 5 bombs as bad as I think it will, maybe they can be talked into producing a Rangers series. (As the Tooth Fairy flies slowly around my head.)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back