• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Ranger sets

I agree hypatia. I also think that it sucks when they can show so many mindless drivel programs and pass on something as good as Rangers. That's why I quit watching Scifi.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I also think that it sucks when they can show so many mindless drivel programs and pass on something as good as Rangers. That's why I quit watching Scifi.

[/quote]

It looks like they're trying to appeal to a wider range of people to pick up ratings. Naturally, if they put on shows that will appeal to the people below the midpoint on the IQ bell curve, it will take resources away from shows that appeal to people on the upper end of the curve. Apparently, they think they'll pick up more viewers than they'll lose. They're probably right, but doing this tarnishes the reputation of sci-fi on TV (like they care [rolleyes]) and the reputation of their channel (which could hardly get worse).

I mainly watch Sci-Fi now, for reruns of Babylon 5 and Brimstone (Saturday Mornings at 2AM). Currently, I'm trying to get all 13 Brimstone episodes on SVHS SP.

Watched SG-1 last night. Not bad.

now i only watch Sci-Fi for B5, but now that i know when Brimstone comes on, i'll try to watch it, and i have always liked SG-1, but since i haven't kept up with it in such a long time, i'm wait ing until i can see all of the earlier seasons before i watch it, and as for farscape, well, i just never really watched that.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by GShans: </font color>
now that i know when Brimstone comes on, i'll try to watch it,

[/quote]

Careful though. Sci-Fi's Schedulebot says it's on Fridays at 2AM. They consider 2AM as Friday night. It's really on Saturday morning at 2AM. So if you set the VCR to tape it, like I do, add 1 to their Schedulebot's date.

Brimstone's got minimal sets and good but minimal CGI, but it has a good sense of photographic style, great characters, some great music, and the writing is very good. Channe would probably like it. It has some things in common with Crusade (besides Peter Woodward in the pilot):

<ul type="square">
[*]It's hard to find a correct airing order, and
[*]they had to put up with some guff from the suits.
[/list]

Believe it or not, the suits at Fox didn't like John Glover as The Devil. *shakes head* Hard to believe.

I'll always think of Teri Polo as Ashe from Brimstone, not her character from Meet the Parents.

i'm up at that time friday night/saturday morning, so i'll probably just watch it, but one question, your posting that time in eastern, aren't you, if so, i'll have to subtract an hour off of that, Texas uses Central time.

Be careful with that, too, GShans. Sci-Fi has two feeds. It can make a difference of several hours which "feed" your station is using.

Going down market is a dangerous stratagy. There is only room for 3 or 4 big channels. More than that already exist and they all have bigger budgets than Sci-Fi can afford.

I guess you were really replying to my 06/22/02 01:11 PM post?

[/quote]

Probably, if that was the IQ posting. It is timed at 06/22/02 06:11 PM on my machine.

I don't have to watch Scifi for B5 because I have the whole series and all of the movies on tape. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I mean the one that contains this paragraph.

<font color="yellow">It looks like they're trying to appeal to a wider range of people to pick up ratings. Naturally, if they put on shows that will appeal to the people below the midpoint on the IQ bell curve, it will take resources away from shows that appeal to people on the upper end of the curve. Apparently, they think they'll pick up more viewers than they'll lose. They're probably right, but doing this tarnishes the reputation of sci-fi on TV (like they care /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif) and the reputation of their channel (which could hardly get worse). </font color>

Hey, we've finally got evil smiley!!!!!! Yaaaaay! /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

....and rolleyes /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif WOO HOO! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I'm not repressed anymore. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I've been watching Buffy Season 1 & 2 on DVD lately (just finished up, in fact), & am now waiting for Season 3 to start on FX. I like it about as much as B5, which makes me happy because I thought I wouldn't have anything interesting to watch now that a Rangers series won't happen. I would still be thrilled if we somehow got something in the B5 universe again, though, Buffy or no Buffy.

I'm going through one of my cooling-off periods when it comes to Farscape because I cannot stand Grayza. Bring back Scorpy! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Tammy

Grayza? Don't know who that is. Bring back Scorpy? Hmm... that sounds like spoiler land for me. Don't say a word more.

Latest posts

Members online

Back