• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

It truly warms my heart

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> "using your body as the weapons' system" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe someone on the FX team has seen Carel Stryken's video game demo that he likes to present at conventions.

Carel (Lurch in The Addams Family Movie) is a computer enthusiast in his spare time.

He has written a couple video games that are unique. His setup has a board that takes the image from a Video Camera and places it on the screen as a Mouse Pointer.

To play the games, you stand in front of a blue screen and the computer uses your image from the camera as the mouse pointer. You then play the game by watching yourself on the monitor and ducking, dodging, jumping and kicking as the game attacks your image.

Carel has a Projection monitor that he uses for this, so you see the game with your image on the Wall a bit Larger than life. The Con I saw the setup at used a couple King bedsheets sown together as a screen.

Sound a bit like the Liandra weapons system we've heard rumors about??

Given the Holographic battle display capabilities we saw Sheridan & Delenn using during the Shadow War, I can easily see why you might use such a display as a weapons console.
Give a whole new meaning to "Reach out and Touch Someone."

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I didn't even know they had this gathering. What was it? You have some really great pictures! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Channe!

I should have cleaned up the directory since I was working on re-organizing my photos and forgot to finish.
shocked.gif
There is now a brief introduction at the top of each thumbnail page and also the navigation from the thumbnail pages works as well.

It was really a lot of fun and a great opportunity! As far as I know, I am just about the only one who has posted a large number of photos from this event (even though I saw a lot of digital cameras). It is too bad really, because the camera was still new to us and I am afraid the pictures are not the greatest.

(crosses her fingers that another opportunity like this will come along)

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. --G'Kar of Babylon 5

If memory serves correctly, Sarah Cantrell is a red-head, so yes, I do have an enthusiastic interest in the character.
laugh.gif

That was the problem with Crusade: no spunky red-heads. Sarah is continuing the great legacy of Lyta Alexander, and looks way hotter.

I'm going to go take a cold shower now.

Btw, how does one pronounce the last name of the actress (Myriam Sirois)? Is it French, like "Sir-wah?"

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Kribu -

I had my doubts when I first heard about it, but you have to admit the concept of that is pretty new. I can't recall any media SF (not written) in which weapons are any more than console-firing.

There was that one shot in the trailer where the camera went under Sarah as she kicked out towards a few ships, and then it cut to the Liandra doing the same maneuver - WOW.

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the Chocolate Cheesecake.

Wow. B5 actors/actresses are the best. To think that they are thanking us...and they're making things we love...wow.

-Phil

------------------
"When I was a kid, every Sunday dad would take us out for a drive. We never knew where we were going, that was half the fun. We just go. He'd say, pick a direction and one of us would point, off we'd go."
-John Sheridan
"Sleeping in Light"

Nice picture, Myriam! That's a classy shot.

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the Chocolate Cheesecake.

Thank you Channe, that's very sweet of you to say. I really like the pictures of the boys (sorry men)
wink.gif
don't you? They are quite the handsome bunch. Oh what a lucky girl I am.
smile.gif
See ya, Myriam.

------------------

You know Tammy, I have to say (and they might kill me for saying this) all of them are not only handsome but really, really nice.

I'm sorry is that like saying they have nice personalities
wink.gif

Well, I better go before I divulge anymore
smile.gif

Ciao, Myriam

------------------

Myriam,

I have never seen any of your work, nor any of the other cast members of the movie except for Andreas in B5, but I am looking forward to watching all of you in the movie when it is shown on Scifi.
smile.gif

------------------
RW, the salad ambassador. Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

Look all I'm asking is...

When/if Rangers goes to series, can you guys come and do signings at the memorabilia events in Britain.

I haven't been since the end of B5 because none of the guests (apart from Tom Baker) are much cop!

I managed to get Jason Carter, Claudia Christian and Julie Caitlin Brown's signed pictures. They were all very friendly... well except maybe Claudia Christian's bodyguard but hey he's not paid to do ballet dancing exactly is he?

Anyway just to let you know that us Britons will welcome you into the very bosom of our land, like true kin!
wink.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

Thank you RW. I can't wait for everyone to see the movie.

As for coming to England. I would love to. I have been to London several times and would be thrilled to come back and visit. Thanks for the invite.

Cheers, Myriam.
smile.gif

------------------

Whoa, you are a total babe.. I mean that as a compliment, so please don't take offense (although I fail to see why you would)

Seriously, up until today, I didn't pay much attention to the movie, I just came here for good ol' B5 and I didn't check the news much. What changed? Well, I read some reviews, and one was good, one sucked, but they gave me some good info on the story, and from what I saw, I think I'm gonna like it.
I want a series, a movie isn't gonna cut it with me. There isn't enough character development in a movie, and a series will always give you a much better idea of everything. Just look at the SW universe, if not for all those books, it would've been a stunted unreal universe that people can't fantasize about and such.
Well hey, best of luck with everything, and I will be watching, and so will a lot of people. Don't let idiots like cristopher pike get you down, I could never stand bashers of anything, and I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that about me.
Oh, I just noticed you're Canadian. That's really cool, shows the damn yanks that we got our own celebreties too, and I think it makes a lot of Canadians at this site feel just a bit better about themselves.
I don't wanna make this post really long, because I know I never read those, so I'm gonna finish up here.
My initial reaction may have been a tad stupid, but this is the first time I've seen a pic of you(as already mentioned, I didn't check the news much) but you're very beautiful, kribu is gonna have some serious competition if you decided to come here more often
wink.gif

Well, that's all the tactless comments I can make in a single post, on to the next person
laugh.gif

------------------
-There is that short moment, before going to sleep, where you just think about your life, and you're finally proud of yourself, all the doubts are gone, and you feel like there is nothing in the world that you can't do - Me
Please go to my board..... The Nine

Myriam, I gather that you were hanging from wires when you fired the ships weapons, were you stable? Or did you tend to flap up and down?

In documentaries on the making of 'Peter Pan' the actors say they have to stick a leg up in the air when flying. This presumably performs the same purpuse as the tail fin on birds, planes and fish.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Hey Andrew, thanks for your question. I was indeed suspended by wires and the principle of it is very much the same as it was explained to you with Peter Pan.

It was definitely a matter of figuring out weight and balance. For the most part I was able to move quite freely and gained more and more control as time went on by outstretching my arms and legs.

I hope that helped explain it a little. I don't want to say too much so that I don't ruin it for you. I promise you'll enjoy it more when you see the final product.

I also want to thank Solaris5 for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoy hearing from all of us.

I'm going to be going out of town for the next few days for work so I might not be able to answer your questions quite as quickly, but I'll do my best.

Cheers, Myriam
smile.gif

------------------

Myriam, as far as the wire work goes, do you have any gymnastic background to draw on??

It definitely looks like the sort of skill that would be getting the most workout.

It also looks like a lot of Fun, once you get the hang of it.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:
Whoa, you are a total babe.. I mean that as a compliment, so please don't take offense (although I fail to see why you would)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, how, in Valen's Name, did you get that picture (of Neroon)???
crazy.gif

She kind of reminds me of Diana Rigg in the Avengers, and I mean that as a compliment, as well.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Alright, how, in Valen's Name, did you get that picture (of Neroon)???
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sol is a moderator now. Without any real power though... the only perks so far seem to be the custom pic and "B5LR staff".
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

Enjoy your week Myriam.
smile.gif

If a prop would stabilise you I am sure that they will build you one. The real character would have one for the same reasons.

Andrew Swallow

------------------
Andrew Swallow

And I suppose you would want to know more about the Staff, right Kribu?
wink.gif

Yah, I love the fact that I have Neroon as my pic again, Lennier just didn't cut it, he's a damn relgious caste, and they suck very much
laugh.gif
Neroon was always... me.. I identify with him, I felt like a part of me was missing without that avatar.
As to my power, well, I've always had power, maybe not "real" power as you call it, but I'd say that my name means a lot at this board, regardless of what my rank is.

May Valen be with you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back