• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

It truly warms my heart

Sarah,

Your post is very touching. It's nice to know that you appreciate our support, and I appreicate you telling us!

And Blackstar is right. We should be thanking you and your fellow cast members for coming here and getting to know us B5 fans.

Thank you Sarah, and Dylan, and Dean, and Alex, and Warren, and whoever else I missed. (sorry
frown.gif
)

------------------
RW, the salad bar king. Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RW7427:
Thank you Sarah, and Dylan, and Dean, and Alex, and Warren, and whoever else I missed. (sorry
frown.gif
)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Repeat the following three times - or there'll be no more salad for you until the movie airs
wink.gif

Sarah is the character's name.
Myriam is the one making the posts.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited October 08, 2001).]

I want to show my support, but everyone else has already said everything so...

Yes! I agree!

Fivers? Is that what we are called? My my I never knew that...

------------------
Faith Manages

It's what some tried to dub B5 fans. Personally I hate it and will never apply it to myself or anyone else. It just seems like a way to marginalize fans like how people treat ST fans. 'They're crazy scifi nuts so their opinion is worthless and they have no grounding in reality.' Their may be a few fans like this but not the majority.

Boy am I a downer.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
It's what some tried to dub B5 fans. Personally I hate it and will never apply it to myself or anyone else.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'd think that if the series goes, Rangers would be a far more apropriate name
cool.gif

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.

I've actually seen some sites where people reporting news of the show, often what happened at a convention, getting into the spirit by starting, 'Ranger ... reporting in'. That didn't seem all that bad.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

Yeah Bakana that goes with my original post. I just meant that if people feel the need to dub themselves something, why I have no idea, that would not be as bad.

------------------

I don't even like the term "fan." It's short for fanatic.

To me, it implies you're going to automatically like and support something related to the subject in question. A B5 fan would love and defend the new Rangers series even it totally sucks ass. Therefore, I'm not a fan. I like the show, that's it. Given that, there is a good chance I'll like the new one, too (if it becomes a show), but I'll reserve judgement until I see it.

The only thing I'm a fan of is sports teams, because I'll root for the Knicks and Giants no matter who is on the team or how they do. As Seinfeld said, I'm rooting for laundry.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

[/QUOTE] [/B]Repeat the following three times - or there'll be no more salad for you until the movie airs
wink.gif

[/B][/QUOTE]

She is going by the name Sarah, isn't she? I thought we all used our "stage" names here on the board.
crazy.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited October 10, 2001).]

Just plain FAN has always worked for me.

Any other word will soon be turned into a derogatory phrase by "news" commentators looking for a sound byte to go with their "look, the whackos are at it again" filler article on the 11 O'Clock news.

If we don't give them any help, they will have to use their own underdeveloped imaginations.
tongue.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Channe is most indeedy - my stage name.

My real name is unspellable and unpronounceable, one more indication that I'm destined to be the next J. Michael Straczynski.

laugh.gif

And I write 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for two weeks during the school year, Christmas Break, and Tech/Performance Week in August.

He just has a bigger resume, that's all.

*obstinately sets pen to paper and goes back to work*

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the Chocolate Cheesecake.

The above post has nothing to do with the rest of the thread. This does, however.

I don't find it annoying to be called a B5 fan, because that's what I am. I'm not rabid (I don't own merchandise or go to cons) and I'm not so unintelligent that I love every single bit of it.

I don't see the problem with being called a "fan." What would you like, "connossieur?"

Actually, I do like that word. I'll be a BT connossieur - anyone wish to join me?

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the Chocolate Cheesecake.

I always thought it was connoisseur?
crazy.gif
That's what my dictionary tells me, in any case.

I think "fan" sounds OK. It's certainly a little easier to spell.
smile.gif
The connection between "fan" and "fanatic" doesn't seem that strong to me these days - in any case, I don't consider myself a rabid fan either (I do own a few books though - but that's about as far as merchandise goes).

Or we could just say that we *like* B5. That doesn't have any negative connotations, right?
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
She is going by the name Sarah, isn't she? I thought we all used our "stage" names here on the board.
crazy.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>He listed all the other actors by their real names.

------------------

Oh, I see what you mean. Well, at least he spelled them all correctly!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Except for ThatFirellGirl

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair

Oh, and Kitaro too.

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Originally posted by RW7427:
frown.gif
)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Repeat the following three times - or there'll be no more salad for you until the movie airs
wink.gif

Drakh, now I'm sorry I replied to this post. Thanks for ruining it for me.

mad.gif

------------------
RW, the salad bar king. Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

Latest posts

Members online

Back