• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

It truly warms my heart

Robert Fripp one of my musical heroes, has an interesting take on fandom which I have adopted.

He has frequently expressed his dislike for the fetishisation of art, which takes away from the purpose of the performance / product. This is fandom.

Instead, a good word is "enthusiast."

This thread started out as a nice, pleasant expression of kindness from one of the cast members and has degrated to this sort of nonsense. We are the worst people ever.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

GKarsEye,

Welcome to human conversation...
smile.gif
We tend to do these things, we humans.

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the Chocolate Cheesecake.

And, oh, my Lord - I'm basically the one that started it by saying "Fivers" in the first place. Do forgive me, everyone.

And to get this thread back on track - who here was as interested by Sarah Cantrell in the trailer as I was?
smile.gif

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the Chocolate Cheesecake.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> And to get this thread back on track - who here was as interested by Sarah Cantrell in the trailer as I was? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Billy enthusiastically raises his hand*
laugh.gif

She's the one I'm most looking forward to seeing in the movie, partially because she just looks plain awe-inspiring, and that I've never seen any of her performances before.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

those two trailers someone mentioned earlier
are they new, or is it the two most of us
already have seen?

Are there really that many of the actors here
great, i didn't know that. nice to see some
real contact between the fans and the actors.

i can't wait for the movie to come.

------------------
Ivanova :
Ivanova Is Always Right.
I Will Listen To Ivanova.
I Will Not Ignore Ivanova's Recomendations.
Ivanova Is God.

----------------------------------

Londo:
Landing Thrusters, Landing Thrusters.
Hmmm.
If I Were A Landing Thruster Which One Of These Would I Be?

I am really looking forward to see more of the character of Sarah Cantrell as well. I had slight doubts about this whole "using your body as the weapons' system" (or whatever it's called) but the little we saw in the trailer looked very cool.
cool.gif

Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing more of all the characters - it seems like a very interesting team, not so much like a captain and a bunch of "others" but a real team.

Tobias - the second trailer, the one we're mainly discussing here, is the one that was released this Monday (8 Oct); the first one was released in the summer.

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
There was that one shot in the trailer where the camera went under Sarah as she kicked out towards a few ships, and then it cut to the Liandra doing the same maneuver - WOW.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thought exactly.
laugh.gif
Very, very cool, and I really haven't seen anything like this before. I guess I was a little worried because to me, it sounded as if it could look a little cheesy, if done the "wrong" way.

That was just the pessimistic side of me, I suppose. I don't have those doubts any longer - it looked amazing. And physically very demanding, I might add!

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I can't recall any media SF (not written) in which weapons are any more than console-firing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither can I, but there are several examples from Babylon 5, including Vorlon ships and the infamous Shadow Vessels (but you would find no volunteers to pilot the latter).

The younger races also seem to be striving towards better control of their ships. Most have got past buttons and joysticks, making their ships respond to voice or gestures.

If Liandra is an older ship, it might have a targting/manouver system that preceded White Stars. On a White Star it seems that the two gunners select targets and control the ship with their eye/finger movements, which requires less effort. A White Star also has a sufficiently large crew to distribute such tasks, and possibly better computer systems.

I guess that the ultimate aim of shipbuilders is to create something like a Vorlon ship -- which responds to thought.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited October 11, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
If memory serves correctly, Sarah Cantrell is a red-head, so yes, I do have an enthusiastic interest in the character.
laugh.gif

That was the problem with Crusade: no spunky red-heads. Sarah is continuing the great legacy of Lyta Alexander, and looks way hotter.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I generally agree with your comments, nobody but nobody is hotter than Lyta.

Dureena was good on Crusade, and so was Dodger on B5.

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

Babylon 5 - Crusade marathon 10/8/2001 7AM-8PM on Sci-Fi

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Wow, can I just say that all your kind words have made me blush bigtime. I am so happy that you all like what you've seen so far. I loved working on this show so much, and couldn't be happier about how it all turned out.

As far as what to call me, Myriam is fine. I know it was confusing since I posted as Sarah. So sorry.

To answer GKarsEye's question... yes my name is french as in sir-wah. Most people always assume it's greek. How did you know? Also I wanted tell you that those stunts were at times physically demanding, but I had a great group of people helping me along, and might I add lots of support from my fellow castmates including Dylan and Warren.

Thanks again everybody for all your kind words. You've made my day.
Ciao, Myriam.
smile.gif

------------------

We all have our stage names.

The system I usually use is the actor's name when referring to the show as a production, and the character when referring to the story. For example, it'd be "Myriam doing physically demanding stunts" and "Sarah kicking around the Space Amoebas in the gunnery."

The system usually works pretty well. Such as, "Kirk's bad-looking hairdo" and "William Shatner's toupee."

The only convention I ever went to was a TNG convention when I was ten, and I distinctly remember a bearded guy arguing with the guest of honor, John deLancie, as if he were *actually* Q. I'm scarred for life.
tongue.gif

Myriam, what I want to respond to you is repeated in my most recent post on the reprinted-trailer thread.
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
If memory serves correctly, Sarah Cantrell is a red-head<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Maybe she dyed her hair for the series but in the picture I took of her ... she looks more auburn? It didn't look like her hair was any redder than Ivonova's hair.

Hmm, maybe it is just the lighting because when I watched the trailers again, she looked like she had red hair in some shots and auburn in others.

Guess this can only be answered by "Sarah" herself.
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. --G'Kar of Babylon 5

What *is* it with men and red hair? I will never, ever, ever understand.

------------------

Lyta,

I didn't even know they had this gathering. What was it? You have some really great pictures!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's mesmerizing.
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There really is nothing more stunning than thick waves of red hair on a beautiful woman. Angie Everheart, mmm...

I think it's the fact that red-heads are rare, and attractive ones are even more rare. An attractive red-head who is also nice and intelligent is a real find.

With that in mind, Myriam, will you marry me?
wink.gif

Hey folks, wouldn't it be cool to date a Ranger? "Ok honey, you go battle the Drakh, I'll go get the groceries, and I'll meet you later. Love ya."

Ok, how did I know about the French pronounciation? I took French in high school, did miserably, but I do remember some basics. Also, I'm a freakin' genius, and very modest.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> With that in mind, Myriam, will you marry me? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey there, I think I deserve first dibs.
laugh.gif

Oh, and my mother's a red head. I won't reveal her age, but she looks very good.

And redheads do rule.
tongue.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:
Oh, and my mother's a red head. I won't reveal her age, but she looks very good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your lucky freud (sp?) isn't alive.
laugh.gif

Just gotta say, I think the cast are amazing for being so receptive to fans, being in the trenches with em and even thanking em! *pokes cast* It can't be real, you must be aliens who've taken over the bodies of the cast.
laugh.gif
Thanks a lot for being such a great bunch.

------------------
BETH: "Well all I did was go for a really long walk."
JIMMY: "Where'd you go?"
BETH: "I don't know... I mean... all over the city, I guess... and then somehow I ended up standing outside Bill's apartment building and... I wanted to make sure he was... really gone, you know... so I figured out which window was his and then I just started yelling, you know, "BILL, HEY BILL!!!"
JIMMY: "And then what happened?"
BETH: "Well, finally someone opened their window and yelled down, "Shut the hell up you crazy bitch!"
JOE: "That's just what Bill would've done."
BETH: "Yeah, and that just made me think... his spirit lives on in others." - Newsradio

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> What *is* it with men and red hair? I will never, ever, ever understand.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, with Some of us, it comes from having dated a couple.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The two I dated were both...

Well, lets say they both believed that anything worth doing is worth Overdoing.
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Just don't make them Angry.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.