• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Writers for season one guide

I don't mind you playing devil's advocate on this one, as sites opening that just repeated everything else was always a pet hate of mine when I was in Trek fandom. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll lend you my sword sire!

And to everyone's points about this being "another site with an episode guide" and a potential misuse of energy, Im not sure I totally agree. Most of the sites with episode guides are pretty weak, with the exception of the Lurkers Guide. Also, this is just one more step into making this site a COMPLETE Babylon 5 website.

Anthony if you need me for anything im here. I would be happy to sit through season 1 dvd set again and do screen captures, write down quotes, hints from the first season or anything else you would like. Just drop me a line

capt

I'm in if you need me
For writing synopsises
Making good screencaps to put in
finding crossrefferences for gueststars / writing mini-biographies for gueststars
Checking if any notable pieces of music in the episode(s) appear on one of the official soundtracks
finding refferences/hints to future events
Or similar activities. If ya need me you have me. I can also work on this with the assistance of my sister who is an avid fiver herself and when operating together, we're pretty damned picky /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You should split the work to some degree I think. Assign one boss (or do the boss yourself if you have the time) to put together all the material and assign a number of researchers. One to do screenshots of important moments, one to play music-critic, one to find nits, easter eggs, etc, one to crossrefference the cast, ...

It would be a good time for me to do stuff. After watching Season 1 again i havent been able to stop watching my vhs tapes of the rest of the series. Im up to Severed Dreams again

I volunteer to do screencaps of G'Kar. Especially any moment when he's wearing night/leisure attire. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Amphibians? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif You do mean marsupials, yes? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

And I do think they're hot... so sue me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Whatever the hell he is. Amphibian, Marsupial, Big Freakin Lizard. The concept finding a lizard attractive is so far beyond me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unimaginative people. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif At least I can take solace in the fact that I'm not alone! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't know if I would solace in that. That nutjob who killed himself because he thought when he did he would be carried up to that "Spaceship" that was behind that Comet a few years ago was not alone...

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Na'Toth is hot. So is Diana from "V" the mini-series. So is the chick from species. So is Aeon Flux. So is Deathwalker in a sick kind of way... IMHO.

Similarities? All reptile like women who could kick my ass.

And, of course, Chiana from Farscape. And Alyson Hannigan, the girl who was death from the prisoner, Meadow Soprano, Faith the Slayer, Linnea Quigley, and Michelle Yoeh (though they're not an aliens or lizard-esque in any way).

They're something about reptiles that is just kind of sexy in a shady, kinky kind of way. I've never been able to put my finger on it - or maybe I'm just a freak - but after reading the recent discussion of this thread, I don't think I'm alone on this list!

More power to the women who have the G'Kar fetish.

-Tim

Ant, if you're still looking for writers to contribute to episode guides, I volunteer. I'm unemployed for the next month so I have the time, I can write well, and can certainly contribute opinions and reviews. The only thing I don't know how to do is screencaps, but I'm sure I could find some shareware for that or something.

As I'm rewatching season 1 on DVD, I'm remembering and noticing for the first time some really neat foreshadowing. Just today, for instance, as G'Kar is being tortured by the assassin from the Thenta Makur, he refuses to scream out in pain. The assassin brings it up, only to be met by further resistance. A huge foreshadow to season 4 and my avatar which I totally forgot about.

So I guess my point is that I would put in that kind of stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was thinking of exactly that scene, and exactly that kind of "heads up" in the reviews when I came here to renew my offer to help out with this. I can't do screen caps, because I don't have a video capture card in my PC, but we could probably scrounge those from other places.

I think notes on significant "arc" stuff and foreshadowing would be great, but there should also be spoiler protection built-in. (One of the worst things about the recent WB official site facelift if the number of spoilers it includes.)

Not sure what format you're looking at, but it would be nice if something like the spoiler code, or a separate spoiler page that you need to click to from the main review page, could be provided. This way people wanting to check that kind of stuff out could access it, but newbies just getting into the show while visiting this site wouldn't see information that they shouldn't.

Just a thought,

Joe

Back