• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tripwire

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Bit slow to watch this episode aren't ya?

Megalomaniac ... I think I just found a new favorite word. <hr></blockquote>

Quick, better edit that post in NC-17! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

From my own post, I think I just found my new least favorite word- unbeknownst. Yech.

Yeah, it does take some time before I can get to it. Who the heck is home on a Friday night? Plus, I got my roommate hooked, so I have to wait for him to be around.

Thank goodness for digital recorders.

Oh, by the way, I finally got around to visiting your Jeremiah site, Lyta. Very nice!

The question is what did the sniper want to do? Kill Jeremiah or get the TM crew out of Danbury to take over?

By the Way: Recoil where does your signature come from? It's hillarious.

It's from the Chevy Chase movie "Fletch."

Looooots of good lines in some of those old Chevy Chase movies. Emphasis on OLD movies, cause his newer ones have sucked imo.

Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color=yellow>Oh, by the way, I finally got around to visiting your Jeremiah site, Lyta. Very nice!</font color=yellow>

Well, better late than never! I would have thought for sure you had seen it already tho ... Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Hi all.

A lot of speculation here... Just my $0.02.

Ezekial's father worked for the Army, working on bioweapons.
Jeremiah's father worked for USAMRIID, the Army's equivalent of the CDC -- the good guys.

Both Army, but totally different things. USAMRIID probably was charged with curing the virus once it was accidentally (intentionally?) let out.

Valhalla Sector was founded by the guys who had Ezekial's father working for them. When the virus hit, USAMRIID was sucked into their sphere of influence to try and keep them all alive.

Lee Chen and Ezekial -- The relationship.

Ezekial is a double agent for Valhalla Sector. Works for them, but thinks Devon and Jeremiah have more "hope".

Lee Chen is a double agent, too. Part of Thunder Mountain, but really works for Valhalla Sector.

Lee Chen helped Ezekial with Jeremiah because VS wants to capture Jeremiah to make Devon do what they want -- and exterminate the survivors of the Big D -- not cure it.

Ezekial is Lee Chen's contact with VS.. so that's why sometimes it seems like he's helping Jeremiah -- and sometimes why he has his own Agenda.

Ezekial HAS to have Lee do certain things so his superiors are satisfied -- at the same time Ezekial undermines them.

Thoughts?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by HogarthNH:
<font color=yellow>
Lee Chen helped Ezekial with Jeremiah because VS wants to capture Jeremiah to make Devon do what they want -- and exterminate the survivors of the Big D -- not cure it.

Ezekial is Lee Chen's contact with VS.. so that's why sometimes it seems like he's helping Jeremiah -- and sometimes why he has his own Agenda.

Thoughts?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

i too thought that VS might have been looking for jeremiah, but if one man, ezekiel, can find him why wouldn't a team from VS? and if they located jeremiah they strike me as the type to send in enough troops to grab jeremiah fairly easily.

i'd imagine that, at the moment, VS don't know of jeremiah's existence - otherwise they'd have grabbed him already to use as leverage against his father.

similarly it seems unlikely that lee chen is 100%(?) with VS otherwise he would have alerted them to a] jeremiah's existence and b] his next location, again leading to a snatch and grab similar to that which was threatened when quantrell was held in TM...

...i still haven't worked out whether i'm enjoying the confusion and heated debate or infuriated that it isn't all out on video/dvd so that i can get to the end of the story... ;-)

Originally posted by sputnik:
<font color=yellow>i'd imagine that, at the moment, VS don't know of jeremiah's existence - otherwise they'd have grabbed him already to use as leverage against his father.</font color=yellow>

This makes a lot of sense. Remember that Quantrell was surprised to see Jeremiah and said that he heard he was dead. If VS doesn't know that Jeremiah is alive, then why would they send a sniper to kill him or try to capture him?

This has been bothering me all week. Was the sniper was protective gear. Major Quantrell from V.S. was wearing protective gear. We know from the episode that Major Quantrell was in that when his group was abducting people, they all wear protective gear. I don’t think the sniper was wearing this stuff, if he was not can we be sure he is from V.S., or was it perhaps some other group that has been mentioned.

Just some thoughts that I had.

Cerberus

We only got one big look at the sniper - but he was Jeremiah and Kurdy's age. Like Ezekiel and the operative we see at the end of the episode.

Which means they had children at Valhalla Sector.

Good point, I think I do remember him being younger now that you mentioned it. That would be a good episode to watch twice.

Cerberus

Good point, Lyta, why would they send him to kill Jeremiah. Also if he is from VS and it is ran by military i doubt a trained sniiper would accidently miss one person and hit another. Also, i don't recall someone else posting this, but, I personally have to assume Lee is working for that group in VS, the good guys in there. Because Lee let Ezek in and Ezek killed Quantrell and Lee has to know that Ezek did it. And they show them two talking again after this in 'tripwire' so considering he is still talking, he must not work for VS unless he is a double agent. Also Lee can't be working for VS because if Lee was he would be talking with them, and Quantrell wouldn't of acted suprised that Marcus was in control, because Lee would of told them, unless Quantrell was faking it, but i doubt it. Well i am going to watch the next one i will be back in an our, tata.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back