• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Wurt

A Shadow Ally Race (like the Drakh, and at least one other that I can't remember right now).

We know that the Wurt were a Shadow ally race (weren't they mentioned in the Technomage books?) - would a known Shadow ally race be accepted into the ISA?

For some reason, I've always had the feeling that the Wurt may have been the aliens who for example operated on Londo in that 5th season episode (name escapes me now but the one where he was at Centauri Prime, in a cell with G'Kar).

IIRC, they were mentioned in "The Shadow Within" (just bought two, one for a gift; BTW, GREAT cover), and the Technomage Trilogy.

Kribu, the thing is, How widespread is that knowledge, and would somebody be able to connect the race name with a physical appearance? I think you're right about them being the ones to operate on Londo. I also think they're the ones...

Spoiler for "The Shadow Within"
<font color="yellow"> Beginning of Spoilers Space! Highlight lines below to read. </font color>

<font color="#1E3957">

...Anna sees operating on the Icarus crewmates, getting them ready to be Shadow Ship CPUs.

</font color>

<font color="yellow"> End of Spoiler Space. </font color>

I haven't read The Shadow Within (was shipped over 2 weeks ago but not here yet), so I obviously have no idea of knowing whether they're mentioned there or not. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I do remember the Wurt from the books, and I also figured that they were that race that did whatever they did to Londo when he was on Centauri prime before the Centauri war.

Yea thats what I remember them to be. Servants of the Shadows wouldnt be this "banished" race from Rangers though. If they were banished and just returning, then how were they around to help the Shadows? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kafta's race wasn't banished, just the supposed super-race that made the Shadows look insignificant.

IMHO, Kafta was full of sh*t, or the Rangers pilot never happened (like Star Trek V and Halloween III and the first version of Highlander II). /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I'm not willing to throw out all of War Zone, because it has a lot of good Max scenes. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think Kafta was really exagerating concerning the Hand. I mean, Kafta wants to terrify the Rangers; and what better way then to tell them the Hand is more powerful than the Shadows? Maybe they're a small, insignificant race who got a hold on Shadow technology and are having a superiority complex. (Remember the race in Crusade who colonized a planet in which all the technology had been left to them and the fact that they felt that they were superior to everyone else because they were the ones who found this tech? Btw, can't remember the name of the episode, the one they are on B5.)

The Wurt were not the same race that operated on Londo or the Telepaths. These unnamed aliens were always referred to as either "the surgeons" (in most jms notes and comments) or "the attendants" (in the Techno-mage trilogy).

Unless I'm mistaken, we've never seen a Wurt properly identified.

Yes, you're right, we never have, but there is speculation that those operating dudes could have been Wurts. No one really knows. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What were the species who chose death by acid to disfigure there corpses beyond recognition in "Ship of Tears", was there race ever named?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back