• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Official David Allen Brooks Web Site

Thanks for the link, Lyta.
smile.gif

A really nice website, and the Max Eilerson biography was a treat indeed.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Wow. Reading the Max bio has really increased my sadness that Crusade was cut short. So much we never knew, so much depth. I'll never look at Max the same -- knowing all that happened to him before, how he grew up, changes it. We saw a hint of his past when we met Cynthia, when she was talking to dr. chambers, but not quite to that extent. Also explains that, um, interesting vid he had . . .

His art is neat, too. Didn't get a chance to sit and read his writing, though -- poetry gives me headaches at 11:30 on a Sunday night.

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because it's the only thing no one has figured out how to kill yet."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Psi-gryphon:
Wow. Reading the Max bio has really increased my sadness that Crusade was cut short. So much we never knew, so much depth. I'll never look at Max the same -- knowing all that happened to him before, how he grew up, changes it. We saw a hint of his past when we met Cynthia, when she was talking to dr. chambers, but not quite to that extent. Also explains that, um, interesting vid he had . . .
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but where did he get all this info, and is it canon?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Well... I haven't read the bio yet, but I'd imagine it was pretty canon, if not totally. From what I've seen through interviews and the like about Rangers characters, JMS seemed quite all right with letting the actors come up with some of the background, to make the character more their own.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

The actors also had access to the series Bible. A lot of the information about Max could come straight from JMS keyboard.

At one time, there were a limited number of Crusade Bibles for sale to FANS on the official website, too.
They sold out Very Quickly.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Here is another tidbit of Max trivia straight from JMS in the moderated newsgroup:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Was Max Eilerson named after Pamela Eilerson (2nd Assistant Director of many of the B5 episodes), and if so, is there a story behind it?

Yeah, he was, but no, there isn't...I was just looking for a cool sounding name.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd., permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine and don't send me story ideas) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
There is nothing to fear in the dreaming, only that which we bring with us. --Dukhat

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back