• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Comments from The Other Drazi

The first thing I want to say is thank you for posting the names of other cast members. As a day player, you do not always get recognition.

Next, thanks to those of you that mentioned the scene between Gus and myself. Again, as a day player, it is great to see that your work has been noticed.

Another thing,I believe that there was a discussion on another site regarding the compression of the credits at the end and why do the actors and crew put up with it. We don't like it and have complained loudly to the studios about this but it is a decision that the broadcaster gets to make. Feel free to complain to them about this as everyone deserves some recognition and we would appreciate the support.

I have been a B5 fan for quite some time so getting the chance to be in LOTR was a bit of a dream come true for me. It was a great experience to be working with many people who felt the same as myself. JMS and Doug Netter were wonderful to work for and getting to meet Andreas (G'Kar) was a highlight. No slight to the present B5 LOTR cast. They were (are) a great group of people. Mike Vejar is a talented director that I have had the pleasure of working with on other series. I have to say thanks to him for letting the cameras run through the shoving match at the end of the scene with Gus. He ws not expecting that.

I think that the cast memebers that have posted here should be complimented for their attention to the fans of B5. It shows a concern for their work and those that they created it for....KUDOS!

Keep those cards and letters coming in. This show deserves to go on from here.

Rob Morton,
The Other Drazi

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Next, thanks to those of you that mentioned the scene between Gus and myself. Again, as a day player, it is great to see that your work has been noticed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your welcome! I enjoyed the scene, especially the shoving match.
laugh.gif

------------------
Remember dear readers, you heard it here first. Off the record, on the Q.T., and very hush-hush - Danny DeVito as Sid Hudgens in L.A. Confidential

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kraig:
Your welcome! I enjoyed the scene, especially the shoving match.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Behaving like typical Drazi.

Green!

Purple!

laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Speaking of Green and Purple... which are you?
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

I liked all the Drazi people. They were very intertaining to watch
smile.gif

I can't pick between green or purple. It's not right.

------------------
Have a nice day!!!

Nice to have you on the board, Mr. Ambassador.
smile.gif

I thought the Drazi shoving match was priceless.
lol.gif
I thought, ah, there's the Drazi knucklehead behaviour we've all come to love.

And remember our motto. "Once you go Drazi, you never go back!"

Although Tirk's mama might not feel the same way.
shocked.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

I'll add to the list of people that agree, the Drazi shove match was quite fun to see. Some might think it corny, but I think it illistrates the Drazi perfectly. They are just like that. Wonderful thing to keep in.

------------------
It's like I've always said, you can get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 than you can with just a kind word.

hey ehy welcome Rob glad to have another Drazi here!

I havn't yet seen the film but I look forward to seeing you in action. I think the Drazi are a great race, a bit to influenced by the shadows but great none the less
laugh.gif

Do we get to find out in B5LR how Drazi's mate yet? If not Rob can you tell us?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Do we get to find out in B5LR how Drazi's mate yet? If not Rob can you tell us?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we found out in "Call To Arms" that it involves the Male Armpit.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Welcome to the fun house! I hope you enjoy your time here. I'm confident all of us loved your scene with Tirk!

BTW, how much time in the makeup chair does it take to become Drazi?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

WOW, DIDN'T EXPECT THE RESPONSE!!!!!!
ANSWERS:
BOTH TIRK AND THE AMBASSADOR ARE GREEN DRAZI.
YOU WITNESSED SOME FOREPLAY IN THE SCENE WITH GUS. I WON'T GO FURTHER INTO THE MATING HABITS OF DRAZI. IT CAN BE QUITE DISTURBING.
THE SHOVING MATCH WAS A BIT OF AD LIB THAT SEEMED APPROPRIATE TO DRAZI BEHAVIOUR. WE SIMPLY TAGGED IT ON WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE IN ADVANCE. FORTUNATELY IT WAS WELL RECEIVED AND KEPT IN. TO TELL THE TRUTH.....I HAVE YET TO SEE THE MOVIE MYSELF. IT HAS NOT PLAYED IN CANADA AS FAR AS I KNOW. THE ONLY THING I HAVE SEEN OF MY WORK IS THE TIRK TRADING CARD CLIP.
AH, THE MAKE UP.........ABOUT 2 HOURS TO APPLY AND 1 TO REMOVE. THERE ARE TWO PIECES CONSISTING OF A COWLING AND A MASK. THEN MAKEUP IS APPLIED TO BLEND THEM TOGETHER AND FILL IN THE HOLES. YOU CAN'T HEAR OR BREATH THROUGH YOUR NOSE AND SWEAT LIKE A PIG. THE PROSTHETIC PEOPLE WERE GREAT. MY THANKS TO RACHEL AND CHRIS.

ROB

------------------

Whoa, Rob! I don't know if you are new to the whole online craze, but when you type in all caps, it is like you are shouting or screaming. Not only does it make it hard to read but it makes my ears hurt.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, I do really appriciate you stopping by and sharing your experiences with us. Us fans really lap this background and behind the scenes info up like crazy.
smile.gif

Thanks again for chatting with us!

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

If you think that's loud, you should see my shirts. Sorry, latenight, caps lock on, didn't look, what can I say?

Rob

------------------

Don't sweat it, it happens. But it is something people will tell you about, because it was obvious you were not shouting at anyone.

The shoving match was a nice surprise. But I assumed it was scripted. Good thinking on your parts to come up with it. It seemed so natural! Especially with Tirk being what seems to be a little "slow". You ARE an ambassador, after all. I could almost see "have a little respect, dude" in your expression!
wink.gif

How you guys manage to get expressions out of those masks/make-up I'll NEVER know.

Side note:
(By the way, I've been told that to capitalize one word is NOT considered shouting. Only if you capitalize a lot of words in a row, or a whole sentence. You more experienced "netters", please let me know if I'm wrong.)
blush.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

You've hit on an interesting item for me. The first time I saw myself in full make up I was surprised to note that when I laughed at myself in the mirror it looked as though I was quite angry. I suddenly realized that I would have to rethink my facial expressions. I spent the better part of an hour working my face, as it were, until I could produce a desired effect. Try smiling sometime when your supposed to be angry.

Rob (no caps) Morton

------------------

LOL I bet you had much fun in front of the mirror with you your Drazi head... I would love to see all the facial expressions you came up with..we have only seen a limited number of Drazi activities before..

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob Morton:
If you think that's loud, you should see my shirts. Sorry, latenight, caps lock on, didn't look, what can I say?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem ... all is forgiven. That is why I used the smiley icons.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Hypatia, you are probably correct in the usage of one capitalized word. I think it is generally ok and understood that it is emphasized. I feel that it is a more extreme version of emphasis and tend to use it as a last resort.

You will find that many people generally use the asterisk (e.g. *bold*) or my personal favorite is dashes (e.g. -bold-). I like the dashes simply because many people use asterisks to "emote" (e.g. *scampers about* or *Lyta runs away*). Then again, another way to "emote" is to use colons (e.g. ::hugs you:: ). Just all depends on your style I suppose.
smile.gif

I have been online a long time and have seen many things.
smile.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

Hey Rob, Alex Zahara here...great to see you (sort of) on the B5lr site!! You did a great job and what an awesome bit of improve that made and defined what the Drazi are. A bit of sad news our (Barf bag) scene didn't make the cut of the film. I know, I know ...a real tragedy...maybe the director's cut!! Just wanted to say hi and hopefully we'll run into eachother on some ship in the future soon.
Take care.
Alex Zahara
smile.gif

------------------
Dulann

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back