• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Trivia: try to stump each other

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elizar:
In the episode TKO, what did Walker Smith call the aliens he seen?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Snakeheads

My next question:
Did Claudia really break a bone in that Drazi fight scene in The Geometry of Shadows?

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Claudia broke her foot just Before they filmed the Purple/Green episode.
JMS had to rewrite part of the script to accomodate the fact that she had a cast on the foot.

Oh, a piece of trivia that usually gets missed:
Yes, Ed (Morden) Wasser played the character Guerra in "The Gathering".
How many people tumbled to the fact that guerra is Spanish for "WAR" or "Warfare"?
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Check it out yourself at:
http://www.spanishdict.com

Talk about spooky!
At the time, JMS had not even thought about Who would get cast as Mr. Morden.
{cue Twilight Zone theme}

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Upon re-watching "The Gathering" from DVD, I immediately recognized our beloved Mr. Morden commenting Vorlon fleet movements.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
Or was it the Drazi Freehold?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm...
blush.gif

Well, I was close.
lol.gif
Considering that I was half-asleep at the time and all.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Question: what medical instrument does a compressed fighting pike slightly resemble?
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Copeland J5000 medical scanner.
lol.gif

As for Guerra - yep, I knew it meant war (doesn't guerrilla have the same origin as well?). A funny coincidence, that.

Next question: what was the only way one could get a straight answer from Sinclair, according to Marcus?

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Lennier: the Copeland J. 5000.

My question, to be answered only by those who read the excellent Psi Corps trilogy (or at least the first one):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> What is Alfred Bester's REAL name? </font></td></tr></table>

------------------

To look in the mirror while hanging upside down from the ceiling. According to Marcus, you either got the answer you were looking for or you passed out and had a vision. The end result was pretty much the same...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hostile17 (edited January 02, 2002).]

One more question:

In the fifth season, only one episode was NOT written by Straczynski.
For THREE smiley faces, name the episode, the episode's writer and that writer's most famous work.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hostile17:
In the fifth season, only one episode was NOT written by Straczynski.
For THREE smiley faces, name the episode, the episode's writer and that writer's most famous work.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Day of the Dead, Neil Gaiman, Sandman.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

In response to the Psi-Corps trilogy question:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Stephen Dexter </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

[This message has been edited by crazybillyo (edited January 02, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hostile17:
Lennier: the Copeland J. 5000.

My question, to be answered only by those who read the excellent Psi Corps trilogy (or at least the first one):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> What is Alfred Bester's REAL name? </font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who was Besters original name named after?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited January 02, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Who was Besters original name named after?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Stephen Walters, formerly of the Psi Corps, who went rogue on a deep undercover mission. </font></td></tr></table>

Lucky I just finished the Corps trilogy.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

New trivia question!

How brothers did zathras have?
cool.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

I think it was Dodger, the young female G.I. he originally met in the episode GROPOS.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

"Ding!" Correct, Kribu!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you. Lovely smilies.
lol.gif

Next: what was the name of the Centauri Regent?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Next: what was the name of the Centauri Regent?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it was Ferrini?

Now, how did Londo meet his first wife? (Not Dagair, Timov, or Mariel)

------------------
"And what is it that you're getting Adira, a washed up old republican, dreaming of better days?" - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

Londo met his first wife in a bar or nite club, since she was a dancer...

------------------
A lady came up to me on the street, pointed at my suede jacket and said "Do
you know a cow was murdered to make that jacket?"
"I didn't know there were any witnesses", I replied " Now I'll have to kill
you too.."

The actor who played Lorien(sorry for not putting the actor's name) also played who?

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elizar:
The actor who played Lorien(sorry for not putting the actor's name) also played who?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just off the top of my head... The Vorlon interrogator Sebastian in S2, a Narn in S3, a Drakh in S5 (he wasn't the Drazi in Intersections in Real Time as well, was he?).

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back