• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Show off your B5 collectibles

That's a great website, thanks for the link!

I'm surprisingly not taken by many of the items they have for sale (all those Psi Corps badges look... not great?), though there's lots of interesting jewellery if you're into that, and that Grey Council staff is definitely something I would want if I had $4000 dollars! Will definitely keep my eye out for future items though, maybe one day there will be a happy coincidence of availability and funds!

I was thinking about this the other night, what props I'd like other than a PPG. The partially melted Psi Corps badge from Messages from Earth would be cool as it has a back-story to how it became melted. I'd also love a Starfury pilot's helmet though I imagine they would sell for as much as the staff here, probably more if it belonged to one of the main characters.

I think JMS poo-pooed the idea that the triluminaries were made out of pieces of Sinclair's link, saying it was a fan myth (a logical one, though, IMO).

I dread to think what Cartagia wiped on his hanky!

I'd never noticed before that Londo wears eyeball cufflinks! Speaking of which, G'Kar's artificial eye would also be a good prop to get hold of!

I think JMS poo-pooed the idea that the triluminaries were made out of pieces of Sinclair's link, saying it was a fan myth (a logical one, though, IMO).

I dread to think what Cartagia wiped on his hanky!

I'd never noticed before that Londo wears eyeball cufflinks! Speaking of which, G'Kar's artificial eye would also be a good prop to get hold of!

Yeah, since there are three triluminaries (AND that they came from Epsilon 3), that'd be asking a lot from a link.

I wish there'd been some of the 'modern' Ranger pins available.

Did anybody notice the similarity between the center of the Council Staff and Delenn's cufflinks? 🤯

And yeah, that's dark, Londo! Hope I have a chance to ask Peter J about them some day.

ETA: I got one of the Corps badges and found that it seemed to still have a fair amount of whatever it is that they use to keep things from being too shiny on camera still on it. Took a pointy object and some cleaner and it looks great.

Attachments

• cufflink.jpg
    cufflink.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Oh look, only $3,999.00. Who wants to fight me for it?! Good lord I get it, but uggggh. Is someone I know here getting it? Please tell me someone I trust is buying this!!!!! 🥺🙄🥺🙄

Oh look, only $3,999.00. Who wants to fight me for it?! Good lord I get it, but uggggh. Is someone I know here getting it? Please tell me someone I trust is buying this!!!!! 🥺🙄🥺🙄
Don't look at me like that, Looney! I'm not The One!

I have it on good authority that more fun things will be listed by the end of the weekend.
Jan

The "Lennon Ranger" In The Beginning badge $$$$ arrived today - took about two days USPS Priority. Weird thing is that the "only one of it's kind" badge I received isn't the one pictured on the web site. :(
Easy to tell from the back and the different location of the Stick Pins and the soldering. The one I received (left) has the green resin worn away along the edges of the right and upper left, but I guess the one on the site had a small vertical crack in the center. And the one pictured on the site had more of the back worn off then the one I received.

LR_Back.jpg

LR_Front.jpg

Since she had multiple Psi Corps Badges (and Delenn Purple Jewels), would have to guess that she had more than one of these at some point too, as doubt they had Just One on hand when they filmed ItB.

Last edited:
Definitely wasn't dirt along the edges, it's a gap/groove where there isn't any ? green resin ? or whatever the "stone" is made of, as felt along the groove with my fingernail and it was more of a depression that a build up of materials. But.... Do have Green (and Purple) sharpie pens..... Soaked a Q-tip by pressing the marker to the ends, then transferred the "wet" Q-tip to the gaps in the resin.

GreenSharpie.jpg
Looks much better!! :) :) :)

Would technically be the second time I've used Green Sharpie Pens for this sort of thing. Had a green shirt with some bleached out white spots - fixed! Definitely worth whatever I paid for them. :)

Last edited:
Well I'm glad you could make improvements. But also a little troubled that it was not what you thought you were buying. :cautious:

Since she had multiple Psi Corps Badges (and Delenn Purple Jewels), would have to guess that she had more than one of these at some point too, as doubt they had Just One on hand when they filmed ItB.

Yes, there are pretty much always more than one item in production. I've always assumed (yeah, dangerous) at least three, since my COA of Excalibur mentions that there were three of those. But it's odd that you bought specific things and didn't get those. My transactions weren't listed on the website so it's not anything I could have run into.

Keep us posted on whatever the seller might respond to you, please.

A very quick note to let folks here know that the seller is waiting to hear back from LateArival and kind of shocked (as was I, in honesty) that this post went up without LateArrival having even attempted to work it out with them. On a strictly personal note, I'm thinking making changes to the pin without working with the seller may have been harmful to the situation.

While thinking about how to display my Emperor's Seal and Psi Corps pin, I'm reminded of this style of 'floating' frame where I keep my data crystals. The yellow-ish one is from B5 and the long one from Crusade. I've never found out if it's a legend or not, but I've heard that crystals were molded from the dangly bits from a chandelier and the long one does have a hole where a string or wire could be sued to hang it. The small one doesn't and seems to be of a softer material.
Data Crystals.jpg

A very quick note to let folks here know that the seller is waiting to hear back from LateArival and kind of shocked (as was I, in honesty) that this post went up without LateArrival having even attempted to work it out with them. On a strictly personal note, I'm thinking making changes to the pin without working with the seller may have been harmful to the situation.
This is a learning experience for me as was thinking "add green stuff and move on". Was able to remove it using soap and a tiny sliver of Magic Eraser (before putting it back again) so thankfully isn't anything permanent like if the material been cloth or paper. Would now surmise that other than a light cleaning, anything else could be ????. Good to know!

Regarding the Ranger Badge Adventure: Thanks to Jan (Hi Jan!) have been in communication with the Wookie👩‍🦰Person and she has been extremely super-generous and understanding. Apparently there were TWO ✌️ of these and as luck would have it, Badge-A was pictured and Badge-B was shipped. She has generously offered an amazing discount of a third-ish off the original price. Extremely generous to the point where I feel :cry: for even mentioning there was an issue in the first place.

...and that apparently Even More Items (hide your credit cards!) will be added to the site in the very near future.

Question: You mentioned "scraping" off the original Production Goo (tm) from your Psi Corps badge. Would that not have been a Bad Thing to do also? What passes for restoration-ish and what passes for ????.

Last edited:
Seems like it's been kind of slow since Saturday evening. :(

Wanted to say THANKS to Springer as Issues 3 and 4 (with DVDs) arrived today.

Noticed that Issue #3 has DVD #2, and Issue #4 has DVD #3, so would assume Issue #2 included DVD #1 (eps 1-4) and Issue #1 would have been bundled originally with a DVD of The Gathering.
1708651692455.png (found this image online - Long Out Of Stock)

Now do I OPEN these plastic bags to get at the magazines?
D3_D4.jpg

Question: You mentioned "scraping" off the original Production Goo (tm) from your Psi Corps badge. Would that not have been a Bad Thing to do also? What passes for restoration-ish and what passes for ????.

Depends on your point of view. First, the only reason what you did with the ranger badge was in any way 'bad' was that you altered it before contacting the seller. Once you did that, there was no possibility that they could take it back and sell it as 'screen-matched' or 'as used in production' ( not scare quotes, just differentiating my terms from what a professional might use). Me, on the other hand, always intended to keep it and I buy the things I do with the intention of being able to play with them. So I don't refer to it in any way as 'restoration', I just wanted to be able to look at it, touch it and wear it.

FINALLY BACK!!!! I haven't been able to reach the site for many days. And now you can all praise The Looney once more... 😝😝😝😝🤪;)

Here is what I picked up. 😁

Attachments

• 1 Copy.png
    1 Copy.png
    791.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8326 - Copy 1 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8326 - Copy 1 - Copy.jpg
    778.6 KB · Views: 1
Depends on your point of view. First, the only reason what you did with the ranger badge was in any way 'bad' was that you altered it before contacting the seller. Once you did that, there was no possibility that they could take it back and sell it as 'screen-matched' or 'as used in production' ( not scare quotes, just differentiating my terms from what a professional might use). Me, on the other hand, always intended to keep it and I buy the things I do with the intention of being able to play with them. So I don't refer to it in any way as 'restoration', I just wanted to be able to look at it, touch it and wear it.
Thanks for the heads up. Was interested in it looking nicer should I choose :) to play with it, and learning why there were TWO "one of kind" items - she kept one for herself - which is why I didn't get the one pictured on the site - simple 50/50 chance. Most important: have learned to Wait and Ask before doing anything! And now I know that even cleaning off the item so it Looks Nice can complicate things. Still the same item that was used in production as there were apparently only two of these, and can rub off the marker with a finger if necessary.

Scary Stuff I've learned is that ideally, we shouldn't even touch the items, and it's safer to keep them in containers free from dirt and potentially harmful sunlight. Can't play with - or even look at - the toys.:cry:
Would argue that once the item leaves the production set and bounces round the earth for 30 or so years, it isn't the same as when it was Used On Screen, as certainly the other badge didn't have a crack in the resin when ItB was filmed - that happened later. Or in Antiques Roadshow speak: it has a patina (aka it's dirty).

PS: Praise Looney! 😁

FINALLY BACK!!!! I haven't been able to reach the site for many days. And now you can all praise The Looney once more... 😝😝😝😝🤪;)

Here is what I picked up. 😁
Ah, you got it! Okay, next time I see you I want to see you in a funny hat and the necklace and a 'brain' under the hat (with obligatory data crystal port, of course!). Congratulations!

Scary Stuff I've learned is that ideally, we shouldn't even touch the items, and it's safer to keep them in containers free from dirt and potentially harmful sunlight. Can't play with - or even look at - the toys.:cry:
Would argue that once the item leaves the production set and bounces round the earth for 30 or so years, it isn't the same as when it was Used On Screen, as certainly the other badge didn't have a crack in the resin when ItB was filmed - that happened later. Or in Antiques Roadshow speak: it has a patina (aka it's dirty).
Again, as stated, it depends on your point of view. Frankly, I don't care what 'real' collectors might or might not do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back