• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Show off your B5 collectibles

Springer

Regular
This is my B5 shelf in my cabinets, filled with the 6-inch action figures and 9-inch dolls, and some of the miniatures from the Babylon 5 Wars game. I do have the 9-inch Marcus figure elsewhere, plus the Micro Machines, trading cards, CDs, books, comics, magazines, autographs, posters, clothing, etc etc, collected over the past 30 years.

Anyway, does anyone else have any B5 collectibles? Hopefully the release of The Road Home will spur some new B5 merchandise to be made – I'll be looking out for any news of merchandise at SDCC.

20230615_184338.jpg

My collection isn't collectables in the usual meaning. I've got a complete collection of all of the (well, until "The Road Home", at least) scripts, most set-used and none bootleg. Also I've got some extremely cool (to me, at least) props and costumes, including Excalibur from "A Late Delivery from Avalon", a Grey Council robe, Bester's lover's 'blip' bracelet.

My collection isn't collectables in the usual meaning. I've got a complete collection of all of the (well, until "The Road Home", at least) scripts, most set-used and none bootleg. Also I've got some extremely cool (to me, at least) props and costumes, including Excalibur from "A Late Delivery from Avalon", a Grey Council robe, Bester's lover's 'blip' bracelet.
They sound very cool, I'd be very interested in seeing the Excalibur!

Regarding props, if money and opportunity ever allowed, I'd love a PPG and link used on set, maybe an EA uniform jacket. Sheridan's Agamemnon cap as well, though replicas were issued by the fan club so I'd be happy with one of those.

And though they're not quite the same as props, I'd like to pick up original art from the comics or novel covers.

20230617_075217.jpg

I built and painted these in the late 1990s, was never very good at making models, I can't paint very well, but these turned out quite well for my purposes. They're the Revell Monogram Starfury (Ivanova's fighter) and Starfury special edition set (Sheridan) which also came with this exclusive pin badge, which I think is pretty neat.

20230617_075417.jpg

What is considered a Collectible? Other than B5Books :) releases, was Late in wandering into EbayLand to see what was being sold and resold over the years. Did acquire one teeny prop - the little microphone thingee from Intersections in Real Time. 95% is paper: photos, some of the scripts Jason auctioned off in recent years, and of course B5Books :) .

Doesn't hold a candle (or even a match) to :cool:Excalibur:cool:.

...not sure if the picture will appear ok. Got ten different variations of "Oops We Ran Into Some Problems" - fingers crossed!

Attachments

• OopsWeRanIntoSomeProblems.jpg
    OopsWeRanIntoSomeProblems.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 11
HAHAHA I'd love to show off the hundreds of things I have, but most of my coolest stuff was purchased from Jan. It is her hand-me-downs. :ROFLMAO: I mean I could show everyone a TON of stuff, but you would probably laugh at how pathetic it all is. I mean LateArrival and I have something to brag about, but that is between us. ?

BUT if anyone wants to talk about the trading cards I am your guy. (REALLY JAN - TALK TO ME ABOUT A TRADING CARD...... no pressure.) ?

This thread is going to make me soooooooooooooooo jealous of everyone. :LOL:

Did somebody mention trading cards?

b5 cards 0.jpg
b5 cards 8.jpgb5 cards 9.jpgb5 cards 10.jpg

I liked the first three sets of trading cards best, up to and including the Special Edition set (I remember getting that at Wolf 359 in Blackpool before season 4 aired in the UK, and being amazed by some of the cards showing scenes from season 4, in particular from Into the Fire). After that I felt the quality of the images on the cards got worse.

Looney, I'd love to see some of your collectibles! Post them, don't be shy!

How did you get that picture of my card binders? Oh no wait you didn't get my PROFILES Binder in that one. ?

With Season 4 and ESPECIALLY Season 5 the there is a noticeable image quality dip. I think Profiles and the first two series are my favorites. I did not care for the multi-panel collages of THE COMPLETE Series. All of the autograph cards were done well. Please let us discuss more. ?

Yeah, I don't have the Profiles binder yet. Was there a binder for the final Complete Series collection too? I look out for them on eBay and pick them up when I see them cheap (they are usually really expensive for some reason).

I'd like to get more of the autograph and costume cards. For the autographs I'd opt for guest stars rather than regular cast as the regular cast are more expensive and I have their autographs already on signed photos. I also need to pick up the Women of B5 chase set which I think are lenticular cards? There were also a few 3D cards from the first series I'd quite like too.

Was there a binder for the final Complete Series collection too?
I'm not following what you mean by "final Complete Series collection"? You have the Complete Series Binder.

I would normally say just keep watching on the autograph front, but with THE ROAD HOME coming soon they will likely stay high for awhile. I've bought every autograph card, a few multiple times, and I've paid a wide variety of prices from very high to very low for the same autograph. Normally it would just be timing, but since THE ROAD HOME is going to be a huge hit those prices will likely stay up. ;)

But I pretty much have everything that isn't a CCG card, so just ask if you have any questions.

Also there is a trading card thread somewhere if you want to move the conversation there. But I'm the only one who has posted in it for like a decade. ?

I'm not following what you mean by "final Complete Series collection"? You have the Complete Series Binder.
I do? Oh, so I do! Sorry, I don't know where my brain is some days. I haven't arranged my cards into their respective binders yet – the big series 1, 2, SE binder is completely empty because I got the seasons 4 and 5 binders first and stuffed everything into them. The complete series binder has some B5 phone cards in it currently.

The most recent autograph card I got was the Raymond O'Connor one from series 5. I paid £5 for it, that's the kind of money I'm looking to spend on these at the moment. I really like to hang on and look for the bargains!

I also have many CCG cards in binders... somewhere... haven't looked at them in ages.

Something else I've collected are the CDs of Christopher Franke's score. I believe I have the full set, barring the autographed copies of Sleeping in Light. The CD-ROM contains a copy of the 'Best of Babylon 5' with one difference to the audio CD, in that it doesn't have the track from Sleeping in Light. The autographed copy of volume 1 only has the three suites of season 1 score, and was released as a limited edition. It sold well, so Franke issued a general release with an extra suite of music from season 2. All of the CDs were produced by his Sonic Images label except for The Lost Tales, which was released by Varese Sarabande.

I'm looking forward to the music from The Road Home, and with WB once more interested in B5, maybe they'll grant the license to one of the boutique soundtrack labels to release a new collection of music. There's lots of music from seasons 1 and 2 that has never been released.

B5 cds.jpg20230706_064752.jpg20230706_064840.jpg

You are speaking my language. Yes I have all of those CDs as well, with the exception of no Franke autograph. Please keep posting photos of all of my things so I don't have to. ?

CC_quote.jpg

Being more of a Paper Person, when I brought a copy of Claudia's "My Life With Freaks and Geeks" for an autograph, couldn't resist asking her for a particular Quote. ?

...I think I have all the CDs (unsigned SiL though), but haven't seen the Lost Tales CD in years. Hope they release the music for TRH.

That's really cool @LateArrival, I like the dedication! I've got Babylon Confidential but didn't realise CC had another book too. I need to one day pick up Bill Mumy's and Mira Furlan's books too.

If they release the score to The Road Home, I suspect it may be digital only, which is going to be no use to us collectors!

Last edited:
While I don't actually make a point (no pun intended) of collecting B5 weapons, I was just reminded that I've got this item of Dureena Nafeel's weaponry. It was seen in 'A Call to Arms' when she unloaded all those weapons in Customs. It's *very* sharp on one end and quite heavy on the blunt end.

IMG_2896.JPG

While I don't actually make a point (no pun intended) of collecting B5 weapons, I was just reminded that I've got this item of Dureena Nafeel's weaponry. It was seen in 'A Call to Arms' when she unloaded all those weapons in Customs. It's *very* sharp on one end and quite heavy on the blunt end.
I'm now imagining that you have a closet-full of futuristic weaponry! Do you have a PPG that was used on the show?

I'm now imagining that you have a closet-full of futuristic weaponry! Do you have a PPG that was used on the show?
Ha, no, those are the only two, and they reside next to my bed. Imagine (or maybe best not) somebody breaking in and having a fat old lady come at them with a sword and pointy stick! :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back