• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Show off your B5 collectibles

LateArrival.... Anything new? :)

Do these count as collectibles?......... ???

Attachments

• Babylon 5 The Road Home Lot A.jpg
    Babylon 5 The Road Home Lot A.jpg
    881.3 KB · Views: 8
Happy October! Perhaps the recent B5Books Echoes/Actors books might count? Three are partial reprints (with annotations by Jason Davis) from the original six books, while the fourth "bonus" book is 50% smaller-ish since it only contains transcripts of the audio CDs from the original echoes series. ..."bonus" book might only be available for another month or so since it is/was apparently limited to a 90 day-ish print run.

1698528695904.png

I want to, but I can't. Financially restricted mostly due to buying previous Echoes books and not being able to convince myself to spend the money right now. :cry::rolleyes:

A new addition to the collection, something I've been after for a long time. Best of all, it only cost me £10 on eBay! Needed a good wash but I'm delighted to finally have one.

20231031_221211.jpg20231031_221250.jpg

Next on my wanted list is the fan club pin badges - the station, Narn cruiser, Shadow ship etc.

Happy October! Perhaps the recent B5Books Echoes/Actors books might count? Three are partial reprints (with annotations by Jason Davis) from the original six books, while the fourth "bonus" book is 50% smaller-ish since it only contains transcripts of the audio CDs from the original echoes series. ..."bonus" book might only be available for another month or so since it is/was apparently limited to a 90 day-ish print run.

View attachment 303
I'd love to be able to get the hardback editions of these books, but the cost of shipping to the UK is too prohibitive, and since I already have the earlier editions, it wouldn't be money well spent. I still need to pick up the new Crusade books, but again the shipping costs are preventing me at the moment.

LateArrival.... Anything new? :)

Do these count as collectibles?......... ???
I'm sure there's a sensible reason why you have nine copies ;):D

Notice you have some Laserdiscs. Prior to the news of the Blu-ray boxset I had considered them from time to time, they're kind of defunct now but as presentation pieces how do they stack up?

I want to, but I can't. Financially restricted mostly due to buying previous Echoes books and not being able to convince myself to spend the money right now. :cry::rolleyes:
Could always go with the single-purchase of the "bonus" book (ebook / paperback / hardcover) as that is apparently the one which might not be available soon. The original magazine articles are out there for what was published for the six audio interviews, but the transcripts in the 2023 release should contain the complete transcripts.

The Kosh II mask looks amazing! But is that a G'Kar mask?

No, it's a background Narn. You can tell from the mouth, as the area around the mouth for speaking parts is much more open and delicate. Same with the eye area.

LateArrival said:
Would the universe possibly reboot if you placed a G'Kar mask over your PJ/Londo head bust thingee?

Hm...interesting thought. I'm thinking I won't try it, though, as it might rip the back of the mask, which already shows some wear.

I'd love to be able to get the hardback editions of these books, but the cost of shipping to the UK is too prohibitive, and since I already have the earlier editions, it wouldn't be money well spent. I still need to pick up the new Crusade books, but again the shipping costs are preventing me at the moment.

Some Echoes Trivia:
Regarding the 2023 bonus interview transcript book: Didn't get the original Echoes series till Summer 2020 (Late as usual) and one Sunday morning in September did about 30 minutes of research-ish to try and determine where the six interviews might have been published as at the time there was nothing in print for those interviews other than what was published in various magazines. The 2023 book is better since it is a pretty-close transcript of the audio recordings, while the magazine articles would of course have been edited-for-content.

From what I scribbled down three years ago, tricky one was the 1995 interview and potentially the 2001 interview, since the others appeared in the official B5 magazine. Perhaps Starlogs might be "Public Domain-ish"???

Assuming no typos...
Disc 1 1997: PJ, AK: B5 Mag 1-07
Disc 2 1997: BB, MoH: B5 Mag 2-02
Disc 3 1996: BB, JCon, JD, MF, SF, PK, AK, BM, PT: B5 Mag 1-01 and 1-02
Disc 4 1995: DF, PJ: Starburst 204
Disc 5 1998: JMS, DN, JCop: B5 Mag 2-02
Disc 6 2001: RB, CD, JD, PJ, JCB, MM: Starlog 293

Although if one doesn't have the magazines already, lowest cost method would probably be to get the bonus book as an ebook or paperback. Probably SOON as it was supposedly only to be avaible for 90 days. Am sticking with paperbacks as the sizes match the existing series, and from what I've received, the lighter paperbacks arrived with less corner damage than the heavier hardcovers. Ebooks of course have Zero :) Damage, no shipping costs, and instant delivery! Was listening to one of the interviews last night on my PC and following along with the ebook, and Jason Davis' added annotations were quite useful to fill in some blanks. Now what we need is Digital/Annoted version of the Fan Experience series (hint hint).

Annotation Example: In the 2001 interview, Carrie Dobro mentioned there was a lot of background material written about Zander Prime, and Jason added an annotation stating that Fiona Avery's information was published in Crusade Other Voices V2.

Last edited:
Some Echoes Trivia:
Regarding the 2023 bonus interview transcript book: Didn't get the original Echoes series till Summer 2020 (Late as usual) and one Sunday morning in September did about 30 minutes of research-ish to try and determine where the six interviews might have been published, as at the time there was nothing in print for those interviews other than what was published in various magazines. The 2023 book is better since it is a pretty-close transcript of the audio recordings, while the magazine articles would of course have been edited-for-content.

From what I scribbled down three years ago, tricky one was the 1995 interview and potentially the 2001 interview, as all the others appeared in the official B5 magazine. Perhaps Starlogs might be "Public Domain-ish"???

Assuming no typos...
Disc 1 1997: PJ, AK: B5 Mag 1-07
Disc 2 1997: BB, MoH: B5 Mag 2-02
Disc 3 1996: BB, JCon, JD, MF, SF, PK, AK, BM, PT: B5 Mag 1-01 and 1-02
Disc 4 1995: DF, PJ: Starburst 204
Disc 5 1998: JMS, DN, JCop: B5 Mag 2-02
Disc 6 2001: RB, CD, JD, PJ, JCB, MM: Starlog 293

Although if one doesn't have the magazines already, lowest cost method would probably be to get the bonus book as an ebook or paperback. Probably SOON as it was supposedly only to be avaible for 90 days. Am sticking with paperbacks as the sizes match the existing series, and from what I've received, the lighter paperbacks arrived with less corner damage than the heavier hardcovers. Ebooks of course have Zero :) Damage, no shipping costs, and instant delivery! Was listening to one of the interviews last night on my PC and following along with the ebook, and Jason Davis' added annotations were quite useful to fill in some blanks. Now what we need is Digital/Annoted version of the Fan Experience series (hint hint).

Annotation Example: In the 2001 interview, Carrie Dobro mentioned there was a lot of background material written about Zander Prime, and Jason added an annotation stating that Fiona Avery's information was published in Crusade Other Voices V2.

I've got a big folder with cuttings of all the B5 articles from a plethora of UK magazines (and some US) – TV Zone, Starburst, Dreamwatch, Cult Times and SFX, plus I've got the complete run of the official B5 magazine. I've never actually sat down and tried to match up those articles with the interviews in the Echoes volumes, that would be an interesting task one day. Of course, those articles are edited and don't contain the full interviews that's in Echoes and on the CDs. Given what you mention about the HBs getting corner damage, I think I'll stick with the PBs.

If you're ever looking for an article from one of the UK magazines, let me know. My Echoes books are in storage, but I've got those cuttings to hand so can more easily check them.

I have a perfectly sensible reason for having nine copies. . . . .I had to return three because they arrived damaged or it would be an even twelve...... ? For All Other Explanations Please See USER ID ?

I've got a big folder with cuttings of all the B5 articles from a plethora of UK magazines (and some US) – TV Zone, Starburst, Dreamwatch, Cult Times and SFX, plus I've got the complete run of the official B5 magazine. I've never actually sat down and tried to match up those articles with the interviews in the Echoes volumes, that would be an interesting task one day. Of course, those articles are edited and don't contain the full interviews that's in Echoes and on the CDs. Given what you mention about the HBs getting corner damage, I think I'll stick with the PBs.

If you're ever looking for an article from one of the UK magazines, let me know. My Echoes books are in storage, but I've got those cuttings to hand so can more easily check them.
Out of curiosity, how much space do just-the-clippings take? Tried collecting various B5-interview magazines a few years ago, but they started piling up and I had barely scratched the surface. Great thing about the Echoes series is B5Books collected so many hard-to-find interviews into the original (and 2023) releases. Beats having to scour Ebay and go broke purchasing issues individually. If there ever was a compilation of the B5 short stories, would snap that up in a second since the three Amazing Stories issues can run anywhere from $30-$100 - if you can find them. Finally did, but took a while and cost a bit.

All but two of the Echoes CD interviews were in the B5 series run, and for those, did an internet search for magazines with Joe Nazzaro/B5 articles with those actors within a period of six to nine months after the date of the interview. Just a reminder that the "4th/Bonus" Echoes 2023 book with the CD transcripts was advertised as having only a 90 day run. I believe they were released in August, so if the 90 day period isn't extended, it will be ending soon.

Have seen some Crusade HCs on Ebay (ex: Crusade Encyclopedia Nov 2023-ish 186117512641 ) with corner damage, maybe their greater weight is the problem with the whole series in one box being heavy enough to fall through the floor if dropped. But with the ebooks, no shipping damage, and no space - other than on a hard disk - required to store them. Going forward I plan to get the paperbacks, but whenever an ebook version is available, will try to get that as well.

I have one or two paper boxes filled with old magazines from the 90’s that have B5 related material. Sadly I can’t remember if I finished getting all the original B5 magazines or not. If I did not I am only one or two short. I’ll have to get those out to double check soon. And before you say it this has nothing to do with me getting old. It has to do with me collecting too much stuff, including those magazines that I haven’t looked at in at least a decade. ?

Wow I just posted this through my phone and I am shocked how well it worked. Just sayin’ I didn’t expect the interface and editing to be as easy as it was or work as well as it did. ??

Out of curiosity, how much space do just-the-clippings take? Tried collecting various B5-interview magazines a few years ago, but they started piling up and I had barely scratched the surface.

mags.jpg

This is my binder plus a few magazines, mostly special issues, that I kept intact. I cut out all the B5 articles about 20 years ago because as you say all those magazines took up so much room. I've got all the Official B5 Magazines intact too.

Here are some of the cuttings:

20231110_155144.jpg

20231110_155023.jpg

20231110_155221.jpg

20231110_155233.jpg

Here's some of the special issues:

20231110_155503.jpg

20231110_155545.jpg

20231110_155608.jpg

If there ever was a compilation of the B5 short stories, would snap that up in a second since the three Amazing Stories issues can run anywhere from $30-$100 - if you can find them. Finally did, but took a while and cost a bit.
I've got one of them, didn't pay too much for it. To be honest I've not tried looking for the other issues, but I have read all the stories online.

20231110_161017.jpg

Oh I think the TV ZONE "OUTER SPACE SPECIAL" might be the only one I don't have. Ugggh I need to get that stuff out and go through it. :love:o_O:love::eek::eek:o_O:rolleyes::geek:

Hmmmm should I do binders like that?! Hmmmm have you inspired me to copy you Springer?! Hmmmmm....

Actually thinking back I believe several of my Cult Times and so on are still sealed in plastic, as they often came. Back in the 1900s, basically pre-Internet, I couldn't find much B5 stuff around me. The occasional magazine at a Barnes and Noble or a specialty shop was about the best I could hope for until eBay came along. ... And oh yeah there weren't Barnes and Noble or specialty shops around me. I often had to detour into St Louis when traveling between home and where I went to college to finds such things.

As the 25th anniversary of the airing of Sleeping in Light is Saturday November 25th 2023...

Must be dozens of these out there, so this is probably the equivalent of "Look, I can tie my own shoes!" -- One of the production scripts from 422 SiL, signed by all (aka: Two) of the main cast/crew that I've met in person. Yes, all Two of them. Better than last year, as then it was Zero. ?

Contents (hopefully no typos):
- White "final" script with some "blue" revision pages.
- Six (or 7) page legal document on names/locations.
- Memo about taking crew still photos for end credits.
- Four page One Line Schedule.
- One page actor schedule.
- One page shooting schedule April 18th 1997.
- Revised version from April 22nd.
- Eight (or 9) page shooting schedule for April 22nd.
- Fifteen pages of art (?) department sets and some notes.
- Three 11x17 pages similar to the above 15 pages, but no notes.
- One page JMS memo from March 24th about 422 and maybe (or maybe not) a 5th season. This memo is included in his B5Books SiL commentary.

Some of the Deleted Scenes MIGHT be on youtube (?) but should be on the DVD release. One would be Scene 102 which shows JMS being wheeled down a corridor clutching his keyboard.

...tried pasting a picture, but got the "Oops we ran into some problems - message too long" error so will try attaching it instead.

Attachments

• 422ish.jpg
    422ish.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back