• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Least favorite episode?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
Eck! I agree! While it's fine to watch once, it does not, I repeat, does not stand up to repeated viewings!
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's being generous... It's only redeeming features are..

1) Kosh's "Pebbles" quote (Kosh saying anything is always cool...)
2) The Non Star Trek resolution

------------------
Paddy Sinclair

"I think it's an excellent plan. But then, I've been shot through the head on five or six occasions"- Troop Leader Keitel, The Corps

Grey 17 is missing has to be a real JMS low point.

As are the 'behind the scenes' type of episodes like View From the gallery or Now a word.

But really the important thing is that they are the minority in a series of great episodes.

unless we are talking season 5.

the season of
"ok, so you get another series after all"

"But i already told the story"

"er... well you'd better think something up for 21 episodes then"

That's not JMS's fault - that's Warners fault for not keeping faith.

I reckon had JMS been given the opportunity to see the 5 years out in his own time it would have been even cooler.

Is it me or did Season 4 seem a bit rushed at times.

pity.

Dan

------------------

There were two episodes I found to be just so bad that they shouldn't have been made:

Exogenesis

Hey, didn't we already go through this "don't want our knowledge lost" thing with the Technomages? The main thing you can take from this episode is the fact that Marcus has feelings for Ivanova. Had you taken out the alien thing, the episode would have been pretty good.

By Any Means Necessary

I understand that there are financial problems to running a station like Babylon 5, but this episode was a real yawner.

I would have put "Infection" in the same category, except for something that I see as a possible tie-in to the Shadow War, and perhaps to Crusade. I'll include this as "spoiler" material, although it's more sheer speculation.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
I noticed a number mentioned for how many years ago the race in "Infection" perished - 1000 years ago - in other words, at the time of the last Shadow War. According to the episode, the people had been invaded time and time again, but had finally repelled the invaders. The method they used was technology. In hearing a shred about possible plot twists in Crusade over the last few days, I think what happened to this planet (I forget the name) may be one of the ways that Earth tries to overcome the Drakh plague - tying in with the fact that JMS has often made the point "Even though it's a great teacher, people don't learn from the past easily." </font></td></tr></table>

Joe

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joev5638:
By Any Means Necessary

I understand that there are financial problems to running a station like Babylon 5, but this episode was a real yawner.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, but By Any Means Necessary had a most wonderful B-story!
laugh.gif

G'Kar breaking into Londo's quarters and all that.
lol.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Oh, but By Any Means Necessary had a most wonderful B-story!
laugh.gif

G'Kar breaking into Londo's quarters and all that.
lol.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention that it both gives us very stong precedent for Sinclair not thinking and acting like a stereotypical military commander (working to find his own way interpret his orders etc.) and puts him more at odds with some elements of EarthGov. It really sets up Eyes very nicely.

Besides, I always kinda liked Conelly. I thought it would have been nice if she could have had one or two brief appearances later in the series when they settled for just mentioning her name for continuity.
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyberquiff:

unless we are talking season 5.

the season of
"ok, so you get another series after all"

"But i already told the story"

"er... well you'd better think something up for 21 episodes then"

That's not JMS's fault - that's Warners fault for not keeping faith.

I reckon had JMS been given the opportunity to see the 5 years out in his own time it would have been even cooler.

Is it me or did Season 4 seem a bit rushed at times.

pity.

Dan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Season 4 was only cut short by 4 episodes. It would have ended on Intersections in Real Time. The Telpath tragedy and the fall of Centauri and Drakh stuff still would have happened if he knew he was going to have a Season 5.

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A_Ranger:
Season 4 was only cut short by 4 episodes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And one of those 4 extra S4 episodes (if the JMS quotes that I saw once upon a time were accurate) would have been A View From The Gallery. It was originally envisioned as occurring during another attempt by Clarke to re-take the station.

------------------

Just wanted to reply to KoshN:
You said Jason was a thrall,what's a thrall?
For give my ignorance.

(Next topic)
Your comment about Jason not really being incharge, that the Shadows were, I agree with you totally on this. I never claimed he was incharge, perhaps you misunderstood me.

As for the title I gave out of the blue for the PsychWar movie that was a sher guess on my part, of the title. Thanks to you, atleast I now know and remember the official title: 'The Telepath War.' It a bummer it's still just a rumor. I now my wife and I would be first in line. That's a promise!!!

You made a comment about the Shadows suggesting that they are just one directional choice of A or B. True, but all choices in life are A (good) or B (bad)....... No matter how much evil tries to blur the lines, wrong is still wrong. Suppressing races is evil, no matter what you or the Shadows chose to call it KoshN.
If you chose to call it path B, that's your choice of coarse , but it's still evil.

As for the old man, I was refuring to Jason.

Thank you for all the book titles I will have to go buy them soon. It seems I'm not gonna see them in a movie any time soon....
BOOO...........
frown.gif
Any how, thanks again for the info, here's to hoping for a movie.
laugh.gif

-------------
"You Have Always Been Here." Kosh (Speaking to Sheridan, from: All Alone In The Night)

------------------
Faith Manages...

[This message has been edited by for the one (edited February 01, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by for the one:
Just wanted to reply to KoshN:
You said Jason was a thrall,what's a thrall?
For give my ignorance.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shadow Thralls are servants (like Morden) who front for the Shadows. They are known only as "associates," and are, despite what they lead the Thrall to think, utterly expendable. They are typically very polite, and ultimately ruthless and remorseless. They travel wherever their masters desire.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by for the one:
You made a comment about the Shadows suggesting that they are just one directional choice of A or B.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I meant that the Shadows wanted evolution via chaos (survival of the fittest). The Vorlons wanted evolution via order (cooperation, obedience and discipline). Both wanted the younger races to evolve, however each wanted to get there by a different road. Neither was "evil" in their intent. I used the Point A to Point B to relate the process of evolution to a trip like you'd take in your car. You start out at Point A with a less evolved species and arrive Point B with an evolved species. The difference is which road you take to get there, chaos or order.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

As for the old man, I was refuring to Jason.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**Racks her brain**

You're talking about Justin, yes? 'Cause the only Jason I can think of was Ironheart, the ultra-powerful telepath from Mind War.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
**Racks her brain**

You're talking about Justin, yes? 'Cause the only Jason I can think of was Ironheart, the ultra-powerful telepath from Mind War.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Justin. Well they sound kinda close. KoshN never been good with names, faces yes, names no. Photographic memory, you see.
blush.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 02, 2002).]

"Knives" or "TKO" get my votes.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

TKO far and away. Yuck.

------------------
"I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain."
-Lily Tomlin

The one episode that was the worst, in my personal opinion, was 'The Deconstruction of Falling Stars.' It was so bad that I think most of you forgot about it.

"The Universe in not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
J.B.S. Haldane, British Philosopher

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anlashok1:
The one episode that was the worst, in my personal opinion, was 'The Deconstruction of Falling Stars.' It was so bad that I think most of you forgot about it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. Although the episode's mechanics weren't bad, the way the media completely forgot the truth just pissed me off. The sad thing is that, that is what the media is really like. They dump the truth to do some extra bashing and get a more provocative story. Ya, that one pissed me off indeed.

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tigara:
I agree. Although the episode's mechanics weren't bad, the way the media completely forgot the truth just pissed me off. The sad thing is that, that is what the media is really like. They dump the truth to do some extra bashing and get a more provocative story. Ya, that one pissed me off indeed.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hence Bernard Goldberg's book "Bias" ???

Personally, I liked DoFS, especially when Delenn makes them look down and away in shame, and when Garibaldi has the final word with Daniel (a.k.a. Mr. Realfact/Goodfact), and when the Vorlon/Human leaves on a ship that has the Ranger symbol on the side.

Man, how could anybody not like this episode?

Garibaldi - "Rest easy friends. Rest easy."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

Like I said I had nothing wrong with the mechanics, and I did think it was cool to see humans wearing encounter suits, but the way that the experts and media willingly forgot the truth kinda made the original show look empty. Or maybe I'm just an idiot and I'm following a tangent to it's absurd but logical conclusion. Much like Jonathon Swift did when he suggested that the Irish poor feed their babies to the rich(I do agree with the part between the hologram guy and Garibaldi. That was a classic representation of Garibaldi's intelligence)

------------------
Garibaldi: "Someone's trying to frame me for the explosion in the Cobra bay. They planted a schematic of the bay and a pouch of Centauri ducats in my quarters."
Londo: "Cen-tar-ri?"
Garibaldi: "Cen-tau-ri."
Londo: "Po-tay-to?"
Garibaldi: "Po-tah-to."
Londo: "To-may-to?"
Garibaldi: "To-mah-to."
Londo: "(and Garibaldi) Let's call the whole thing off!" Downbelow Sound Archive

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tigara:
...but the way that the experts and media willingly forgot the truth kinda made the original show look empty. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me, it made the "experts" look empty. They were each willing to overlook the truth in order to further their own hypothesis. Maybe through all the flapping of their gums, they'd actually convinced themselves that the crap they were spouting was "the truth" ??? Naah, I don't think so. Even they weren't that deluded.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

I wish that episode had shown us the average Earth citizen at the time so we could see what the general populace thought.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Maybe through all the flapping of their gums, they'd actually convinced themselves that the crap they were spouting was "the truth" ??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah but remember in season 4 of B5 during the Earth Civil War. Sheridan said that the problem with a lie is that if you say it loud enough and enough times people will start to believe it. If the "experts" told their lies loud enough and enough times the general populace might actually agree with them after a while. That's the beauty of propaganda.

------------------
Garibaldi: "Someone's trying to frame me for the explosion in the Cobra bay. They planted a schematic of the bay and a pouch of Centauri ducats in my quarters."
Londo: "Cen-tar-ri?"
Garibaldi: "Cen-tau-ri."
Londo: "Po-tay-to?"
Garibaldi: "Po-tah-to."
Londo: "To-may-to?"
Garibaldi: "To-mah-to."
Londo: "(and Garibaldi) Let's call the whole thing off!" Downbelow Sound Archive

[This message has been edited by Tigara (edited February 09, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Tigara (edited February 09, 2002).]

What is the name of the episode with Michael York where he thinks he's King Arthor? That would be my least favorite episode with "Grail" being a close second. The whole idea of a guy dedicating his life to finding a cup is just stupid.
Thanks
Car

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back