• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Least favorite episode?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Hey, DW, at least I didn't mention the Teep Song!!
lol.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*shiver* Shoot me, shoot me NOW! Argh!
shocked.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
I sort of liked Grail... well, I liked David Warner.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked all of Grail.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Even the Ivanova bits couldn't save TKO.
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess it's just a "guy" thing. I can take TKO, but not Believers.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir Robin:
The one I disliked though, I can't remember the name, but it's the one where Sheridan gets possessed by the this alien that's just trying to get home through the rift in time of sector 14. He begins seeing things in his quarters and stuff and then he takes a starfury to the sector the alien leaves his body.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knives
had a lot of good Londo & Vir stuff, plus it wqas a reminder about Sector 14, and that stuff was still going on there.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Morden:
"The War Prayer" has got to be the worst.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naah! War Prayer has that great Londo line "My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter because I've forgotten how to dance." (Guess you just have to be old enough to undersatnd it. I did, immediately.)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Morden:
"The Quality of Mercy" rules, I don't understand why people dislike it.
"Infection" wasn't all bad, because in the end Earth confiscated living tech, and the interview with Jeffrey Sinclair and Mary Ann Crammer was great.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, lots of good quotes were in that one.
smile.gif

"Grey 17..." wasn't all bad. It had some pike fighting, and the cult made me think about a few things. And the last scene where Garibaldi tells Sheridan what happened in a rush was kinda funny.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gray 17 had one bad part. Steam activated bullets.

"Believers" blows, but at least had one or two good quotes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which ones? Come on, give me something to like about this episode.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 27, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
I have a strong dislike for The Long Dark. Yuck.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice ending though.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by breen:
What's your least favorite episode?

[This message has been edited by breen (edited January 22, 2002).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine would be most of season 5
lol.gif
because we had to watch that dude who's named started with a B. Shhhhhhh!!! Don't speak his name, we don't need that kind of horror.

------------------
Have a nice day!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DW:
Mine would be most of season 5
lol.gif
because we had to watch that dude who's named started with a B. Shhhhhhh!!! Don't speak his name, we don't need that kind of horror.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Byron?
laugh.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist...
blush.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

Kribu, you had to say his name didn't you!!! Why did you do it, we could have been happy, but no, you spoke that word. I don't deserve this!!! *has to now go run in fear of that word*

------------------
Have a nice day!!!

The subplot of Grail was fine. But the na'ka'leen seemed pointless. And that humorous scene at the end with Londo and Vir was cringe-worthy.

Ok Kribu, I know this could be hard, but can you please refrain from mentioning anything about this person. That includes his name, his songs, his clothes, his friends, his hair, and anything else that you might think of. Thank you, and remember *look at my sig line*

------------------
Have a nice day!!!

Originally posted by BlackStar:
By the way.... love your username very sleak, very cool. Two things........ one,I actually really loved 'The Long Dark' episode. It was dramatic and thought provoking.

I was so excited when I heard these kinds of dark creatures were on there way to Za'Ha'Dum. I thought to myself, "WOO Za'Ha'Dum must be becoming a very errie, creepy, deadly place. I became intranced at the notion of going there. The excitement filled my whole being. When Sheridan finally did go, we instead discover a old man. At first, I was sad. I was disgrunted.
But then I realized that JMS intentially didn't show us all of the planet to leave a story for a movie.

Think of it? A entire planet of pure unadulterated evil. Woah! INTENSE MAN, INTENSE! It would be sooooooooooooooooooo
sweet to have a story involving this. With all the different evil races: Shadows, Drakh,the demonic type creature from 'The Long Dark', as well as other entities. Ghosts, spirits,...........the list of evil is endless..........................
THE POSABILITIES ARE ENDLESS!

I for one know better now then to post my story ideas, because that means it would insure they are not used. Instead I just hint at them and let JMS do all the writing.

smile.gif
Still, here's hoping we will some day see it happen. I want to know what happened to Sheridan, between the time he went to the edge of that abyss and when he was talking to the old man and the fight with the shadows.
frown.gif

I sure hope JMS will answer all these in a movie soon. I'm aware of the PSYCH-WAR movie he wanted to do, but here's hoping to see more detail about Za'Ha'Dum and the death of G'Kar at the hands of Londo.
laugh.gif

The Pych-War idea is essential too, to end the story of Lyta.........................

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Personally I want to see Lyta & Talia go at it. Of coarse Lyta being on the side of good would have to win of coarse. Sorry folks, were left with no alternative unless at the end Lyta can break Talia's programming.</font></td></tr></table>

------------
"You have always been here." Kosh (Speaking to Sheridan, from: All Alone In The Night)

"Love to stay, can't, have to go, kiss kiss, love love, bye." G'kar (B-5 LR)

------------------
Faith Manages...

[This message has been edited by for the one (edited January 29, 2002).]

I liked them all. Each one had it's moments.
but if i had to pick one, it would have to be anything to do with Byron.

------------------
"Would it be wrong, would it be right, if i took my life to night? Chances are that i might." -Papa Roach-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by for the one:
I was so excited when I heard these kinds of dark creatures were on there way to Za'Ha'Dum. I thought to myself, "WOO Za'Ha'Dum must be becoming a very errie, creepy, deadly place. I became intranced at the notion of going there. The excitement filled my whole being. When Sheridan finally did go, we instead discover a old man.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old man? Who, Jason?? He was just another thrall, the head thrall, but still just a thrall.

The real threat were the Shadows themselves. We saw them in Z'ha'dum, both in the room, and advancing behind Anna in the hallway.

We also saw Z'ha'dum in the vision Kosh showed Sheridan in In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by for the one:
At first, I was sad. I was disgrunted.
But then I realized that JMS intentially didn't show us all of the planet to leave a story for a movie.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What movie are you talking about? The only movie that's rumored for the future is The Telepath War.

Think of it? A entire planet of pure unadulterated evil. Woah! INTENSE MAN, INTENSE! It would be sooooooooooooooooooo
sweet to have a story involving this. With all the different evil races: Shadows, Drakh,the demonic type creature from 'The Long Dark', as well as other entities. Ghosts, spirits,...........the list of evil is endless..........................
THE POSABILITIES ARE ENDLESS!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not "evil" per se, just a different agenda, a different way for getting from Point A to Point B.

I want to know what happened to Sheridan, between the time he went to the edge of that abyss and when he was talking to the old man and the fight with the shadows.
frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aah, you mean Lorien as the "old man." No, he was just one of the oldest, most powerful beings in the galaxy. Some "old man." He didn't even need a ship.

I sure hope JMS will answer all these in a movie soon.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Highly unlikely that it'll be soon.
frown.gif

I'm aware of the PSYCH-WAR movie he wanted to do, but here's hoping to see more detail about Za'Ha'Dum
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's pretty much covered all he intends to cover here.

and the death of G'Kar at the hands of Londo.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The mutual death of both at the hands of each other. Read the Centauri Prime Trilogy. After you finish the last book, you'll have a different perspective on this "death."

Legions of Fire - Book I - The Long Night of Centauri Prime, David, Peter, 0-345-42718-1

Legions of Fire - Book II - Armies of Light and Dark, David, Peter, 0-345-42719-X

Legions of Fire - Book III - Out of the Darkness, David, Peter, 0-345-42720-3

The Pych-War idea is essential too, to end the story of Lyta.........................
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supposedly going to be a theatrical release, but if it keeps getting put off, the actors will be too old to play the parts. The ratings that the B5 pilot got last Saturday/Sunday probably diminished the chances of it getting made even more.
frown.gif

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Personally I want to see Lyta & Talia go at it. Of coarse Lyta being on the side of good would have to win of coarse. Sorry folks, were left with no alternative unless at the end Lyta can break Talia's programming.</font></td></tr></table>

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Lyta could rip Talia to shreds. Talia has supposedly already been dissected, if Bester's slip was truthful.</font></td></tr></table>

There's some info about Lyta and a little bit about Talia in the Psi Corps Trilogy:

Dark Genesis - The Birth of the Psi Corps, Keyes, J. Gregory, 0-345-42715-7
Deadly Relations - Bester Ascendant, Keyes, J. Gregory, 0-345-42716-5
Final Reckoning - The Fate of Bester, Keyes, J. Gregory, 0-345-42717-3

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 31, 2002).]

For me it is definitely Infection. The whole thing just felt like a generic weak episode of any random SF show, which is not like B5 generally. I can see that the introduction of the concept of organic tech gives it a function in the overall run and there were a couple of decent character moments, but that still doesn't bring it up past the next weakest ep or two in my eyes.

TKO and Grey 17, the other two where the A story has that weak generic feel to me, both had B stories that were more "B5" somehow (and in the case of Grey 17, a really good B stroy). Therefore, they both get a better overall rating in my head than Infection which lacked even that.

------------------

Ok, my $0.002 (I am poor!).

"Infection" was run-of-the-mill sci-fi, but it was not really that bad... "TKO" on the other hand was very very bad indeed.

"Believers" is also one of my favorites (and, by the way, I am a *GUY*
laugh.gif
). I think it actually expresses very very well the fact that things are not "right" or "wrong"; people.... er, alien races are just *different* in their views. Trust me, People (TM) just can't cope with the idea that Others (TM) might not think like Them (TM), and Others (TM) might even not be Wrong (TM). Then you get those nasty clashes... And if you don't agree with me, you just SUCK BIG TIME!
tongue.gif

What brings me to... hey, what about "Sic Transit Vir"? IMHO, that is the worst, anybody with me? Maybe it is because I expected so much more from the show at that point, or maybe I was in a bad mood, but I just found it boring... to the point that I don't remember much from it, except that I hated it. And mind you, I do like the Vir character, but that ep just.... SUCKED BIG TIME!

Well, anyway, just my $0.002.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back