• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Least favorite episode?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by breen:
Yeah. And what about "Severed Dreams". What the frag was that? Civil war....on earth? Huh?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know. Some people just don't get it! I mean, shouldn't we have a couple of episodes dedicated to investigating if Kosh really does have a hand?

Some people say it was just a dream thing, but I don't buy it. We need more speculation, people!

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

I know! And that episode that was on today, "Intersections in real time" totally sucked. I mean, there wre no damn explosions in it!

I give up. I hate the entirety of Season 4. What was JMS thinking?

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

TKO is my least fav episode....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

The Worst episode is the one where the invading aliens used the mind contol ray to turn everyone Gay and tried to take over the station while the Centauri Orgy was in full swing.
And, of course, at the end, they capture the alien mind control device.
They use it to make the aliens believe they are really Pak'Ma'Ra souls born in the wrong bodies and make everyone else forget the episode ever happened.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
The Worst episode is the one where the invading aliens used the mind contol ray to turn everyone Gay and tried to take over the station while the Centauri Orgy was in full swing.
And, of course, at the end, they capture the alien mind control device.
They use it to make the aliens believe they are really Pak'Ma'Ra souls born in the wrong bodies and make everyone else forget the episode ever happened.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't that an episode of "Voyager"?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Wasn't that an episode of "Voyager"?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know. I only watched two episodes of V'ger. Couldn't handle the stupidity.

I made that up.
I just tried to imagine the Worst possible plotline I could come up with and that was it.

If it truly WAS an episode of V'Ger, I'm very glad I never saw it.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
The Worst episode is the one where the invading aliens used the mind contol ray to turn everyone Gay and tried to take over the station while the Centauri Orgy was in full swing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaarrgghhh!! I can't believe I missed that one!!
shocked.gif
lol.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

No, there never was a Voyager episode with that plot. But there was one where the captain turned into a lizard, and that's much worse.
The alien induced orgy does sound like something Trek has done, though.
lol.gif
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

Why do people bash the episode infection?
I don't understand that... The idea of a anchient artifact turning out to be the very thing that destroyed a entire world, I felt was intriguing. Then having it fuse with the host was cool. Having him then parade around B-5 yelling PROTECT, was down right AWESOME!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Since then I've seen tons of sci-fi shows that have copied this idea, but none were even half as cool. Come on people give the episode a little credit.

Alot of people knock that scene were they said the next blast would be off the scale and destroy the ship.(This is off of memory here, not word for word, so be kind.) Any way, then latter you see the guy say, "Protect!" and fire, but it doesn't destroy the ship. So people watching, (including my friend James) said, "Hey that blast should have breached a hole in the side of B-5!"

But what a lot of people don't notice here, is that he gets stunned by a weapon shortly after they say that. Now since the alien weapon has a symbiotic relationship with the host, well....that just means that it will undoubtably be adversely effected as well. This case in point, that eliminates that misconstrued flaw that so many people have about that scene.

But never mind that, I'm not sure if that's what you didn't like about the episode or not. But I just wanted to get my two cents worth in, because I'm very fond of that episode. But too each his own I guess.

JMS RULES!!!

----------
"You have always been here." Kosh (Talking to Sheridan, from: All Alone In The Night)

"Love to stay, can't, have to go, kiss kiss, love love, bye." G'kar (B-5 LR)

[This message has been edited by for the one (edited January 27, 2002).]

B-5 FOREVER MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As always,

Stay cool, stay fresh, stay alive.........

Oh yeah... and did I mention JMS ROCKS!!!!Hah! I really, really am having way to much fun with this.
cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> they said the next blast would be off the scale and destroy the ship. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That part was Preceded by a Qualifier:
"If it keeps on like this,.."

Obviously, it didn't "keep on".
tongue.gif

Destroying the station would have killed the body wearing the biotech.
It was smart enough to know that and avoid making a fatal mistake.
After all, what good is a "protector" that goes around killing itself??

------------------

I actually like Grey 17 is missing. I love the whole Neroon and Marcus fight scene.

The one I disliked though, I can't remember the name, but it's the one where Sheridan gets possessed by the this alien that's just trying to get home through the rift in time of sector 14. He begins seeing things in his quarters and stuff and then he takes a starfury to the sector the alien leaves his body.

I always thought that one was pointless. I didn't really care for TKO either as many others have mentioned.

------------------

Wow!!! I soooooooooo agree with you Sputnik.
We are like so in sink on this one... Cool!
Everything you sad about Infection, TKO and
Grey 17 Is Missing, is so right on target, it's pathetic!!!

Well met.

------------
"You have always been here." Kosh (Talking to Sheridan, from: All Alone In The Night.)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sputnik:
why does no-one seem to like Infection?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my case, the episode just feels clunky in a lot of places -- such as the scene where Sinclair is marching purposefully to take on the protector, which is supposed to be a moment of great tension and suspense -- except Franklin has a great amount of expository dialogue to deliver, so he follows Sinclair and we get three or four repetitions of them walking down corridors, then turning, then cutting to them at the beginning of another corridor . . .

------------------
Dave Thomer
This Is Not News

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by for the one:
Why do people bash the episode infection?
I don't understand that...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems that a lot of people can't stand humans in monster suits. I, as a Vorlon, think humans look kinda nice in monster suits (for some, the look's an improvement).
laugh.gif
So, I had no problem with the one in Infection or the one in Gray 17 is Missing.

Infection is important, if only for the idea of introducing living tech.
cool.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

"The War Prayer" has got to be the worst.

"TKO" is 2nd worst, but at least it's got some foreshadowing. ("Garibaldi watch your back.")
"The Quality of Mercy" rules, I don't understand why people dislike it.
"Infection" wasn't all bad, because in the end Earth confiscated living tech, and the interview with Jeffrey Sinclair and Mary Ann Crammer was great.
"Grey 17..." wasn't all bad. It had some pike fighting, and the cult made me think about a few things. And the last scene where Garibaldi tells Sheridan what happened in a rush was kinda funny.
"Believers" blows, but at least had one or two good quotes.

------------------
"Ink on a page!" -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.
"Life is life, whether it's wrapped in skin, scales or feathers." -Dr. Franklin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Does Byron have a last name? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think so. It was revealed in book 2 of the Corps trilogy IIRC. I'll try to look it up and I'll edit this post if I find anything.

Found it. Book #2, page 251. His last name is Gordon. That is, if you want to believe Bester. But then again Bester said his real name, so I don't see the point, and he said it to people he could supposedly trust to boot. Anymore and I'd need a big black box thingy to hide my ramblings.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

[This message has been edited by crazybillyo (edited January 27, 2002).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back