• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

zooty - because it tells me to.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

what was he talking about? an apocolypse(how do you spell that) box?

No, if you watch closely, Zooty has this small device that sorta looks like a kid's toy that he plays around with.
It is "the machine" that "speaks" for Zooty.
That's what he's referring to when he says "Because it tells me to."

Nowhere was it ever explained just What "the Machine" is.
It is obvious that it isn't of Human manufacture, but there are thousands of races to choose from when trying to decide Who made it.
Most likely: It was dug up by some archaeologist on a dead planet and Zooty bought it from him/her.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

i know i'm looking too far into this but it reminds me of londo and his keeper. Maybe it's a bit of foreshadowing or maybe it's nothing.

------------------

Sometimes a really strange, slightly suspect machine is just a really strange, slightly suspect machine.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
It is "the machine" that "speaks" for Zooty.
That's what he's referring to when he says "Because it tells me to."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's also a much less sinister interpretation floating around.

When Zooty whispers to Sheridan, he's holding his hand against his heart. In the context, it seems to make a lot more sense that he's doing what his heart tells him, rather than what some unknown machine tells him.

(I seem to recall either JMS or Neil Gaiman giving some support to this version, but I can't find the original quote.)

------------------
-- Marty

Come on, folks, the machine is just a little toy that Zooty uses to promote some humor in an otherwise stupid routine.
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Back