• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Writers for season one guide

There would probably be a warning up front, if the reviews are spoilerish in nature, I would guess.

As for screencaps - I really don't think there'd be any need to either go on a frantic search for the software to do it or to scrounge them from other sites. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm sure we could find a few people right here who (a) have a DVD-drive (and software such as PowerDVD or WinDVD or whatever Mac or Linux alternative to watch the DVDs with) and (b) would agree to make screencaps. Heck, I'm sure there are several people here who'd take screencaps for their own use anyway, so some of them might want to help out.

With some amount of cooperation, it shouldn't be too hard for a reviewer to say (or Antony to decide) what scenes they want screencaps from, and then someone take them. I could easily do that myself. (Seriously. I don't feel like writing reviews - I probably will write reviews for my own site at some point but they'd be all G'Kar. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I sure wouldn't mind doing some more menial tasks.)

Oh, and lizard-looking aliens are damn hot. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif *High-fives Tim*

Interesting enough I was thinking about such things a few weeks ago, before I came here and read this thread.

By the way I was (and still am) v. impressed with Jane Killick's season by season books, a great basic B5 reference. Along with a decent episode synopsis, an informative behind-the-scenes mini article on each episode (could have been longer though and more photos a la X-Files). Recommend it if for some reason you don't have them already.

on the topic of screencaps i have always liked asusdvd 2000 as an overall player better than the others, but the screencap doesn't seem to work on the b5 dvds.

I can write! Some of you here, including Ant have seen my stuff, so I think I can contribute something. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd be happy to contribute, as well. I don't know what with, but wherever you see the need, I'm there. I can do screencaps from both DVD and tapes, thanks to an incredibly cool laptop. I can write pretty well, and I suppose if I have to sit and analyze the plot, I can. (but that seems more like homework to me)

For the spoiler issue, I'd recommend having each article broken up into paragraphs. Each paragraph in the database could be tagged as "spoiler" or "non-spoiler" or even rated 0 through 5. 0 would display to all users, or you could click a number for the highest season you have seen. For example, if you've seen season 3, you'd click "3" and it would should you any paragraph tagged 0, 1, 2, or 3... and thus, avoid spoilers for seasons 4 and 5. I'm sure Antony's coding capabilities are to this level, but if there's ever helped need on a code level... just give me a yell!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back