• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Who changed the least during B5?

Sinclair

What character seemed to change the least throughout the series?

I'd have to say Vir. He's always worried and wants to do what's best for everyone. He's not willing to backstab or manipulate others into doing what he wants.

At the beginning he is basically a nobody, but by the end of the series he is a very prominent Centauri. At the end, his outlook on everything stays pretty much the same.

------------------
"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-Valen, War Without End Pt.2

I'd have to agree that Vir is a good choice, but another would have to be, IMO, Garibaldi.

Throughout most of the series, he was guarded and cautious. He constantly second-guessed himself, doubted his abilities and judgement, and was content to do the work of others (Sinclair, Sheridan, and Edgars) to build their "empires". But the later days of the series (especially SiL, River of Souls, and ACtA) show a more relaxed and confident man who has finally found a piece of happiness and his own "empire" to build.

------------------
Never use the expression "I've got your six" to a Centauri, unless, of course, you mean it.

I really need more sleep. Did I really just write about who changed the most?
crazy.gif
Ok. Time to go to bed.

See, I actually think Vir changed quite a bit (going from nobody to emperor; or spineless wimp to idealist leader), so that must have been what confused me, and not the bags under my eyes.

Please forgive a newbie (to this board, not the show)

------------------
Never use the expression "I've got your six" to a Centauri, unless, of course, you mean it.

[This message has been edited by gandalfbmg (edited January 29, 2002).]

My vote is for Corwin.

------------------
Remember dear readers, you heard it here first. Off the record, on the Q.T., and very hush-hush - Danny DeVito as Sid Hudgens in L.A. Confidential

LOL, Corwin...

I would say Garibaldi #1, Ivanova #2... they stayed relatively the same while everything else changed.

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gandalfbmg:
I'd have to agree that Vir is a good choice, but another would have to be, IMO, Garibaldi.

Throughout most of the series, he was guarded and cautious. He constantly second-guessed himself, doubted his abilities and judgement, and was content to do the work of others (Sinclair, Sheridan, and Edgars) to build their "empires". But the later days of the series (especially SiL, River of Souls, and ACtA) show a more relaxed and confident man who has finally found a piece of happiness and his own "empire" to build.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Over the span of B5, Vir went from a babbling comic relief baffoon type guy, to someone who was EMPEROR. I'd say he changed the most, not the least.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Corwin is a good choice and if Zathras had more screen time he wouldn't change much either
laugh.gif

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Corwin is a good choice and if Zathras had more screen time he wouldn't change much either <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you've seen one Zanthras you've seen them all !!!
lol.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Remember dear readers, you heard it here first. Off the record, on the Q.T., and very hush-hush - Danny DeVito as Sid Hudgens in L.A. Confidential

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>if Zathras had more screen time<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cannot run out of screen time.
Screen time is infinite.
Only Zathras finite.
laugh.gif

Of the main cast? I would say doctor Franklin. He had worked for life and research before, and in spite of obstacles, he continued. Aside from finding himself... and many other noteworthy experiences.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

recoil: I completely agree with you . As I said, I was up late smoking crack, so I was tired and high, so when I read a post with "change" and "Vir" in the same sentence, I thought it was who changed the most, because that's what I believe. I soon realized my mistake, though, and tried to clarify.

I think the change in Vir is even more evident if you read the Centauri Trilogy.

As to who changed the least: I'd say Ivonova, or maybe Bester (he remained an evil creep despite it all)

------------------

Franklin. Although he went through the stim addiction, I think he ended up essentially the same person at the end of the series. (Not a bad thing).

------------------

The Zarg. That damn creature was runnign around tryign to kill people from the beginning, and it never changed!!!

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

That's hard to say. When you think about it, most of the major characters went through some kind of change or other. Delenn became part Human, Sheridan went from a captain in Earthforce to the leader of two wars and an intersteller alliance, G'Kar went from a bitter angry person wanting to wipe out the Centauri to one that was like a wise man or a god. There were just so many ways that all of the characters developed and grew. I wouldn't have enough time to mention all of the examples, but the ones I gave are just a few that stand out in my mind.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

The B5 computer personality; mind you it did have a slight change when they shut it down to reset the security codes

------------------
'We live for The One, We die for The One, but we don't die stupidly' - David Martel B5LR: TLADIS

I guess I should have elaborated more on my previous post. I didn't really mean who changed the least in terms of rank, but more like in attitude and tolerance of those around him. Vir did learn to tolerate others, especially Londo, and he did begin to stand up for himself. Overall, I think Vir's attitude and heart stayed pretty much the same throughout the course of the series.

I can definately see why everyone chose other characters, as I myself had a hard time deciding who I thought had changed the least. Anyway, my opinion is still Vir.
laugh.gif

------------------
"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-Valen, War Without End Pt.2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back