• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Who changed the least during B5?

Ack.

I think the first thing you need to do is set parameters. Are we talkig about the 5 (6 if you count the pilot episode) years elapsed 2257-2262? Are you including time up to Sleeping in Light? To do so would be tough, since there's so much we don't know. Mr. Sebastian takes us back to the 1880s, I think -- and since someone appeared claiming to be King Arthur, we could even go back to around 550 A.D.

In those 5 years
Sinclair probably changed the most (maybe Jason Ironheart), followed by Delenn. Sheriden came back from the dead -- that's a change. Talia underwent a complete change. Lyta also made a big change. Garibaldi had his brain skewered, and then brought back.

Ivanova, Franklin, Vir, and Lennier all changed in some ways. Zach foud some self confidence.

Morden, like Sheriden, returned from Za'ha'dum after the blast -- but I don't know how much he changed

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> actually, when Galen is able to remove the Shadow influence, we do see him begin to change -- but it doesn't last.</font></td></tr></table>

Who changes the least? I'd say Bester.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Dr. Frankllin's Father.

The actor appeared in this week's episode of "Crossing Jordan" as a Father who doesn't get along with his Son, the Doctor.
wink.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
Dr. Frankllin's Father.

The actor appeared in this week's episode of "Crossing Jordan" as a Father who doesn't get along with his Son, the Doctor.
wink.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ Paul Winfield.

And because Season 5 is showing on scifi, I nominate Byron for least changed. He went from stupid hair to stupid martyr. (Not much of a step I will say.)

------------------
"Ink on a page!" -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.
"Life is life, whether it's wrapped in skin, scales or feathers." -Dr. Franklin

Of the main characters I's say Ivanova changed the least from the time she arrived on B5 to SiL. In 25 years everyone changes to some extent but her character remained much the same although she did suffer a number of setbacks such as the loss of Marcus.

I think Franklin made a major change in Shadow Dancing when he finally met himself and accepted the fact that he had always run away from problems. Afterwards he was ready to face life and accept it.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Well, Ivanova Did go from Lieutenant Commander to General to Anla'Shak'Na.
That's a pretty big change.

Plus, as a General, she didn't even Maim, much less Rip the Heads Off the staff memebers who both Disobeyed Ivanova and had the gall to Talk Back while she was chewing them out.

I'd say she'd mellowed Just a Tiny Bit.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Morden changed the least.

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

Granted, I came in relatively late into this discussion but you can't really say any of the main characters stayed the same. Not a single one of them stayed inherently the same as when they started.
They all underwent a catharsis of some sort at some point in the show. Thats the beauty of it. Not even us as the viewers remained unchanged. If we didn't change then what the hell are we doing here on this message board
laugh.gif

Character traits became more pronounced, wekanesses became visible. Most if not all of them overcame their demons one way or another. Even some one like Kosh, who looked funky in the pilot but served no valid purpose until the story unfolded in it's entirety.
The only characters that I can agree on would be Morden, slimy all the way to the end and then of course there is Zathras. Given enough air time I think we would have found the depth to his character mind boggling.
"Zathras not change, change not Zathras! Zathras always zathras, but in differnet places, but always Zathras"
laugh.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

Back