• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

where was Zach during the Day of the Dead?

Cern

Regular
been a while since i saw that ep, wanted to refresh my memory /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zack isn't in "Day of the Dead", so we have no idea where he was or what he was doing during that night. Maybe he was off station, taking a well-earned vacation. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Yep, could have been at the Holo-brothel...

I guess he just didn't have anyone to come and see him that would make any kind of impact.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Yep, could have been at the Holo-brothel...

[/quote]

Hmm, I wonder who he would have selected for 'company'? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oops, this could end up in NC17 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

...yeah I'd stay clear of that happening. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But, if he did go there, maybe he selected someone who had passed on...as part of his "ghost appearence"

I'm sure Zack had too much respect for Lyta to 'have' her in a holobrothel. Sit in his room, pining away for her, yes.

I'm sure Zack had too much respect for Lyta to 'have' her in a holobrothel. Sit in his room, pining away for her, yes.

[/quote]

If that is true, he has certainly gone down in my estimation...

Get OVER it Zack!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hm... Lyta was hardly dead yet during Day of the Dead, so that could not have been Zack's ghost appearance in any case. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, my guess - he was probably just asleep in his quarters which were probably on the "station" part of the station, i.e. not in Brakiri territory.

He is a guy and he has the hot and heavies for Lyta. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
He was in the holobrothel!

[/quote]

Well, there's always Lochley. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually, I don't think the holobrothel exists yet. It had just opened in River of Souls, and that takes place in mid-2263, about six months after "Objects at Rest."

Knowing Zack, he probably slept through the whole thing and didn't hear about any of it until the next morning. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(I still think he was off-station, because otherwise someone would have brought the chief of security in on the problem, even if they had to wake him up.)

Regards,

Joe

awesome. now i know what my halloween fanfic is about...eh eh eh. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

(I still think he was off-station, because otherwise someone would have brought the chief of security in on the problem, even if they had to wake him up.)

[/quote]

I may be wrong here, but who is to say he even needs to be off the station. Maybe he was working on the problem, but the author just didn't choose to mention what he was doing. (I forgot who penned this episode, sorry.)

After all, it is Garibaldi that is the paranoid one who tends to know how to do what he wants to do WHETHER OR NOT it is standard proceedure (or legal for that matter).

It may have just opened then, or it was just underwraps for all that time...

Anyways, if he had anyone in the holobrothel with him, it would have been Lyta. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Let's face it - IF Zack was on the Brakiri side of the station during that time, who would he have met? NOBODY!

And why?

Because he's BORING! No respectable dead person would be caught.. well, dead, with him. Could you imagine the conversation the deceased would be having before the event...

"Who did you draw, Morden?"
"I got Lennier! Man, am I going to play with his mind. And what about you, Dodger?"
"I got Garabaldi, and I am going to play with his.. ahem... well, you know. And what about you, ex-president Clark? Who did you get?
<SILENCE>
"I got... Zack."
<SILENCE>
"Man, you must have led a pretty evil existance to get THAT assignment..."
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks, Galahad. I have had a crazy-busy week, and didn't have time to look that up in the Lurker's Guide.

Anyhow, there are too many young men here with too many hormones going wild is what I'm concluding. Everyone wants Zach to be having sex in a holobrothol. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Everyone wants Zach to be having sex in a holobrothol

[/quote]
Well according to John Travolta, that's about all Jeff Conaway did on the set of Grease, so it wouldn't be totally out of character.

Don't think that was a holo-brothel though.

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Re: Neil Gaiman

Just a quick aside, if anyone is looking for a good read, I picked up Neil Gaiman's biography of Douglas Adams, "Don't Panic." Its pretty funny and is quite insightful.

It was a good read for the 7 hour flight from London to Philadelphia... the time flew by!

-Tim

Re: Neil Gaiman

Heh, "Don't Panic" ...

"And you're ... what?"
"A Kamakazi pilot, sir!"
"And how many missions have you been on?"
"Nineteen, sir!"

Lay off of Zach!

Oh, c'mon, stop ribbing Zach. He's a good guy, his heart's in the right place.

I've heard JMS didn't fill in much backstory for Zach, so Conaway came up with some stuff on his own. The story, as I recall, was pretty similar to Garibaldi's -- lots of previous problems, B5 was one of his last chances. Which seems to fit with one of the show's themes, the little guys and washouts making good (Vir, for example). So if Zach has that kind of a past, he probably would have seen someone from it. In other words an experience very similar to Lochley's, and therefore repetitive. Not bad, not boring, just already done.

And trust me, if Zach knew about part of the station disappearing, he'd be working on it! He's learned responsibility.

Back