• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What Rangers Is About???

D

**DONOTDELETE**

i need 2 know what rangers is about ....or can any1 tell where i can find a faq of rangers..or smth...

The story seems to be mainly fluff - a backstory and introduction of characters and slightly more insight into the Rangers themselves. Being a pilot for a new series that seemed like a sure thing, the showcase of effects and new personalities took precident over a gripping plot.

Unintentionally, the moral of the story is that Babylon 5 wasn't meant to have spin-offs. Genius once is genius eternal.

I see the newbie has had a run in with the "Rangers Sucks" crowd. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, but some people seem to always omit the constructive part.
As to the original question it's a movie about the Rangers, a special force of the Inter Stellar Alliance, they have a certain code by which they work, much like the Knights of the Round Table.
I personally found the movie to be enjoyable, and while it might've lacked depth, I would certainly place it far ahead of most things coming from Hollywood nowadays.

Well, it was *going* to be about the adventures of a certain crew of Rangers on this dinky old ship called the Liandra. Most likely, it was going to progress into something bigger, knowing JMS... le sigh.

Solaris5 wrote: "I see the newbie has had a run in with the "Rangers Sucks" crowd. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, but some people seem to always omit the constructive part.
As to the original question it's a movie about the Rangers, a special force of the Inter Stellar Alliance, they have a certain code by which they work, much like the Knights of the Round Table.

I personally found the movie to be enjoyable, and while it might've lacked depth, I would certainly place it far ahead of most things coming from Hollywood nowadays. <<

Yep! And I hope Scifi is now unhappy with not continuing the show since it drew better ratings, even against an NFL playoff, than their highly touted Farscape S-4, ep 1 did and only .1 less than Stargate SG-1 first episode on Scifi. And this with SG-1 bringing a large fan base from Showtime with it.

Back