• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What kind of activity will this board see on the night of the 19th?

Anybody want to speculate as to how big the tsunami of messages posted to this board will be on the night that TLaDiS airs? Will the "reaction" messages wait until the thing is over, or will there be flurries of messages posted at each commercial, or even during the show?

I'm going to be bold, and predict that there will be 300 messages posted to the Rangers forum alone between 9pm and 12am Eastern (between the time the show starts and one hour after it's over).

------------------

Im not gonna be posting Jack. I am going to be too busy watching TV
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I predict the board will be flooded and the server will go down.
wink.gif

------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from Kier Darby @ vBulletin infidel_dog@rangerone.b5lr.com

Ro, the good part about the way JMS writes is that people who are Not SF fans can still appreciate the story.

Do they enjoy Character driven stories?

As opposed to "blow up everything in sight" stories, that is.
wink.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:

And I really won't care about the spoilers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

me neither actually I liked spoilers.. Well I would have to read them anyway in this forum
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>

I'm definitely looking forward to what everyone will have to say about the movie. I guess being here is the next best thing to actually being able to see the movie.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya I agree all us non USA peeps will get to see peoples reaction's before we watch this show.. oh can't wait.'

Ah teh time is drawing near!

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
Ro, the good part about the way JMS writes is that people who are Not SF fans can still appreciate the story.

Do they enjoy Character driven stories?

As opposed to "blow up everything in sight" stories, that is.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that night is supposed to be a party if I understand Mom's schedule right. Makes sense as it's a Saturday.

If so, as I'll be the guest of honor and wasn't home at Christmas it's an iffy thing to ask them to watch a tv show with me. Any tv show. I'll just see how things develop.

I'd like them to watch it with me, because I think they will enjoy it. I'll probably try to get them to tape it and see if they're up for a late night bowl of popcorn.
smile.gif

But they are the most important thing, and I do not want them ever to think they come behind any show. Not even my new best friends, the Rangers.
wink.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

I suspect that the board will be dead on the 19th.
shocked.gif

On the Monday night it I suspect that it will be super busy.
laugh.gif

------------------
Andrew Swallow

I believe TLADIS doesn't air here until 10 pm. So I'll have to avoid this site until the next day.
frown.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Right. I'm holding a watching party the night of the 19th, and so I probably won't be able to post that night. However, you can be sure that I will...

a) watch Rangers at least twice before the end of the weekend;

b) post CHANNE TAKES ON TLADIS

And post a lot. But not too much - I think the amount of traffic we're going to get in different threads is going to be astronomical.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

I suppose I won't have to worry then what I'll do on Sunday.
lol.gif

And I really won't care about the spoilers.

I'm definitely looking forward to what everyone will have to say about the movie. I guess being here is the next best thing to actually being able to see the movie.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Well, I'm going to be one of those with a slightly delayed reaction, because I will be out of town visiting my folks on that day.

I might be able to see it while I'm there, but as the point of the visit is to catch up with everybody, I'd think it awfully rude to choose any tv show (even one I've waited so long to see) over their company.

Perhaps I can get them to watch it along with me, but not all of us are Sci Fi fans, so I'll just have to see.

I'll be watching it as soon as I get back, however
laugh.gif
so a mini flurry from me on the 24/25th...

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Poor Antony--this place will probably be *insane* on the 19th!

I just wonder if the actors are getting more & more nervous as the airdate nears?

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Tammy,

Oh yeah...Thanks for reminding me about the airdate coming up soon! Geez...I completely forgot! (sigh of relief)

Nervous you ask?

Well, I chewed off all my fingernails to the tender skin underneath already...I am not sure if that means anything...I normally don't do things like that!

Lots of love!

Cheers! -Warren-
laugh.gif
lol.gif

(Fingernails are fine)

------------------

Pity that there's two airing times, as it'd be nice to close the board while it's airing and say "GO WATCH IT!"

Should get a flurry that night, but I imagine Sunday will be VERY busy indeed.

The traffic already so far this month is higher than it's been for months, so I think people are gearing up now.
smile.gif

------------------
My candle burns at both its ends,
It will not last the night.
But oh my foes, and oh my friends,
It makes a lovely light.

My plan: start a bunch of threads with knock-knock jokes.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
Pity that there's two airing times, as it'd be nice to close the board while it's airing and say "GO WATCH IT!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except that you'd need to make sure the board was reopened during commercial breaks.

I'd expect that you'll be able to look at the times of the posts in here on that night and come up with a pretty accurate picture of the act structure.
smile.gif

------------------
-- Marty
"Always do what you're good at," they tell me.
So I go around annoying people.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitaro Sasaki:
Well, I chewed off all my fingernails to the tender skin underneath already...I am not sure if that means anything...I normally don't do things like that!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry. We'll love you anyway, unless the show's utter and complete Velveeta.

Which, of course, it isn't. That we already know.

laugh.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back