• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What episodes feature the book of G'Quan?

Valen2k1

Beyond the rim
What episodes feature the book of G\'Quan?

Where we get a really GOOD look at it? I recall the ep when G'Kar gives the book to Garibaldi, and later another where Garibaldi figures out by reading it that telepaths can be used as a weapon against the Shadows- but I don't recall the names of the eps or which ones.

Also, when Sheridan is sworn in as President of the IA, and G'Kar has him "Put your hand on the book..." is that the book of G'Quan? I don't quite remember.

I appreciate any help you guys can give.

Re: What episodes feature the book of G\'Quan?

The 1st Episode we see it is in the 1st Season Episode "By Any Means Necessary" but you first get a really good look at it as well as it's contents (Shadow info) in the 2nd Season Episode "Revelations"....

As for your 2nd question, good one, not really sure without looking, I don't think it was the book of G'Quan but it could've been, most likely it was either a Bible (assuming Humans still use those to take an oath) or perhaps a copy of the Interstellar Alliance Declaration of Principles....

It was also featured in The Long Dark, IIRC - it had a picture of the 'Soldier of Darkness' in it.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
or perhaps a copy of the Interstellar Alliance Declaration of Principles....

[/quote]Wasn't G'Kar still writing the Declaration at that time?

Sheridan swears on the oath on the preamble to G'Kar's declaration of principles, the compilation of the first page of all known holy books that he assembled.

Most of the "good looks" that we get at the book of G'Kar are close-up "insert" shots of individual pages. The actual prop was an old, ratty, L.A. phone book inside a fake cover. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Besides the above listed episodes, the Book of G'Quan is shown by G'Kar to Endawi in the episode Matters of Honor. In Long Twilight Struggle G'Kar prays by candle light in his quarters while the Narn fleet is being destroyed by Shadow vessels.

I am nearly useless on this one..I can remember vague scenes where it was featured, but nothing concrete. The only thing that surfaces right away is, "Do not thump the Book of G'quan, it's disrespectful." Where Garibaldi discovers a key to killing the Shadows.

I remember seeing that the book wasn't rectangular, but had the non-spine edges shaped a bit, and the cover looked like leather, embossed, or maybe with a few gems on it. Some premium member should pick it for an avatar, so we could all see it regularly!

It looks very tatty and overused, just like my Bible. I assume the use of highlighter pens is forbidden in Narn culture, as G'Kar seems to ave marked a lot of pages with paper tabs. Maybe it is considered sacrilege to allow any kind of imprint to be made on Narn Holy books, other than those made by the author... remember the efforts they went to to recreate Garibaldi's coffee rings? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Has anyone translated the text in close up on episodes like "The Long Dark" or "Matters of Honour", using the Narn font you can download? Or for that matter, what G'Kar wrote whilst in jail?

I wonder how long it would take to type the Bible up in any of the B5 fonts? I suppose it would be easier to download segments in english, compatable with Word, and just simply highlight the lot and change font. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back