• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Valhalla Sector Conspiracy Theory

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello everyone.

This is the first ever message I post at this messageboard. I´ve stopped in here from time to time to read what the rest of you guys are writing about B5 and Jeremiah. I am also a huge fan om JMS and love to see a new series on the air.

After watching the first four episodes of Jeremiah I couldn´t help but formulating a pretty cynikal theory about the Big D. It was all planed and carried out on purpose. My theory goes like this. There were some agency in the US that didn´t like the way the world was going. They thought that it would all be much better if they were in total control. So they founded research into geneticaly enginered biological weapons. After a while they managed to produce what they were looking for. A virus that would wipe out everyone above puberty. They built Valhalla Sector, a place that could be totaly sealed from the outside world. Inside they had a selfsustaining eko-system, power and industrial plants.

So they released the virus, went into their bunker and waited. Two years later they planed to come out and take the world. A brand new start, under their ledership a new future and a new mankind could be borned. What was there to stop them, kids between 3 and 15.

But something went wrong. To their horror they discovered that the plage didn´t go away as they had planned. It stayed dormant here and there. So they were scared of and stayed hidden for anoother ten years waiting. In the offchance of finding a cure for what they had created they kidnapped surviving children and used them a lab rats. Finaly after waiting fifteen years they have had enough. They now send coordinated groups over all of the US systematically burning everything that seems to be related to a new awakening of the Big D. I bet Jeremiahs dad was deeply into this mess and that he is alive and kicking. Probably coordinating things from VS.

Only Humans could kill of 6 billion people of there own kind.

Well, well. I might be totaly out there.. but we shall see. Only JMS knows what will happen. perhaps VS are the great heroes. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Since english isn´t my native language I might spell wrong here and there. Please bear with me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

In Crusade, JMS was going to show us a cure by Season 2 because he said that you can only have a mystery so long.
I think Jeremiah will find Valhalla Sector soon enough, and the real conflict won't be Jeremiah trying to find Valhalla.
The real conflict will be Jeremiah stopping the Big D before it comes back again.

Oooh. Nice theory. I agree with a lot of that, actually.

My big question is:

Will Valhalla Sector be an ally or an enemy?

I agree with Channe, it is a good theory. Now in the series premier did we not see his mom and dad dead on the street, or was it just his mom? I dont remember if he actually saw his dad dead or not, but I am pretty sure he saw his mom if not both of them.

In your theory the VS folks are not only NOT heros, but pretty much psychos to even think of something like that. Fanatics with their own plans for the world. It would be interesting if his dad was one of them, boy that would lead to some conflicts down 'the long road' now wouldn't it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I do think this is one of the best theories I have heard so far. From rumblings of some people, I have also heard that in a few weeks we will have a MUCH better idea of what VS is.

Final note: The season finale is titled 'Things Left Unsaid.' Makes you wonder a bit too, doesn't it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

It's too simple. They do stuff because they're EVIL PSYCHOS WHO WANT TO RULE THE WORLD. Pretty uninspired if you ask me.

When a good writer as the wheel, you shouldn't expect to be able to guess where the story is going, and I don't think Jeremiah is an exception.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Apocalypse_Box:
<font color=yellow>In Crusade, JMS was going to show us a cure by Season 2 because he said that you can only have a mystery so long. I think Jeremiah will find Valhalla Sector soon enough, and the real conflict won't be Jeremiah trying to find Valhalla. The real conflict will be Jeremiah stopping the Big D before it comes back again.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

You are absolutely right about the mystery of VS being out in the open by the end of the first season. But I dont think that the real conflict will be the battle against the return of the Big D. A confict against what? The virus? It has no face and is therefore be pretty booring as a nemesis. No, I think that we have not even started to see were this series is really going. I bet we will see the resurection of society and that the conflicts will be between different groups grabbing for power. They have faces. They are interesting.

/Com

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by drakh:
<font color=yellow>It's too simple. They do stuff because they're EVIL PSYCHOS WHO WANT TO RULE THE WORLD. Pretty uninspired if you ask me.

When a good writer as the wheel, you shouldn't expect to be able to guess where the story is going, and I don't think Jeremiah is an exception.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I was speaking in general terms. Either way, if something like that was done for a reason, its psycho in my book. Yes I am sure there is more to it than that, but I was just speaking in broad terms...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>My big question is:
Will Valhalla Sector be an ally or an enemy?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Both. They will have common goals in stopping the new big D. But they will inevitably also be in conflict because they both want to have a say in how the new rising society should be built and governed.

/Com

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by drakh:
<font color=yellow>It's too simple. They do stuff because they're EVIL PSYCHOS WHO WANT TO RULE THE WORLD. Pretty uninspired if you ask me.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

But who is an evil psycho? Was the shadows evil psychos? No, not really. From their point of view they were doing the younger races a service by starting wares and wiping out millions. Because the fittest would survive and they would be faster, smarter and stronger. Evolution would be served. A very logical thou chilling idea. In that sense it is very illogical by Sheridan and the rest to stop this process and care for the sick and the wounded. The weakwill only pollute the gene pool and slow the evolution process.

And what about “evil psychos” today? Usama Bin Ladin. He is an evil psycho right? But from his perspective he is a suffering hero trying to bring justice in the world. If his kind of madness is around in our world. Then it’s not surprising if a writer like JMS used people of similar viewpoint as his badguys in Jeremiah. It is not simple, it is reality.

/Com

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Com:
<font color=yellow>Hello everyone.

This is the first ever message I post at this messageboard. I´ve stopped in here from time to time to read what the rest of you guys are writing about B5 and Jeremiah. I am also a huge fan om JMS and love to see a new series on the air.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Oh yea, welcome to the board. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif You made one hell of a first post too. Looking forward to other ideas and theories you may offer up.

What do we know about Valhalla Sector so far?

- Burners might be associated.
- Jeremiah's Dad wanted to go there (and we only saw his Mom dead).
- It had something to do with the Big Death.
- Michael knew it as a pretty important power that didn't want to leave the mistakes of the old world alone.

That's all. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Enough to theorize, not enough to guess. I have to admit that my thinking went on much the same lines...

...but I'm an English major. I have a bunch of theories... maybe I'll post 'em...

<font color=yellow>What do we know about Valhalla Sector so far?

- Burners might be associated.
- Jeremiah's Dad wanted to go there (and we only saw his Mom dead).
- It had something to do with the Big Death.
- Michael knew it as a pretty important power that didn't want to leave the mistakes of the old world alone.

That's all. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Enough to theorize, not enough to guess. I have to admit that my thinking went on much the same lines...

...but I'm an English major. I have a bunch of theories... maybe I'll post 'em...</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Ok so it was just his mom that we all saw dead. So his dad wasnt confirmed dead, and we have a son who writes letters to him every day and burns them over a fire. Yep, I am seeing a major conflict in the making down the road a bit here. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=yellow>- Michael knew it as a pretty important power that didn't want to leave the mistakes of the old world alone.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I’m not entirely sure that is what Michael meant. If I remember correctly he said something like: “The old world is dead and buried but these guys they just don’t wanna get the message.”

At least to me that means that there are surviving grownups at VS. They are a remnant of the old world and just don’t get the message! They should be dead and buried! As Michael so nicely puts it.

/Com

Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>- Jeremiah's Dad wanted to go there (and we only saw his Mom dead).</font color=yellow>

Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>Ok so it was just his mom that we all saw dead. So his dad wasnt confirmed dead, and we have a son who writes letters to him every day and burns them over a fire. Yep, I am seeing a major conflict in the making down the road a bit here. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow>

I just watched this segment when Jeremiah flashes back to the time just before his parents left him and his brother. Now, where are you guys getting the idea that we saw his mom dead but not his father? I don't see proof of -either- of them dead in that segment. We see a woman dead on the street with a boy crying over it but it isn't Jeremiah nor his mom. Is that what you are thinking of? Is there something else that I just missed?

Anyway, time for bed now...

Yea I figured it was too. It was hard to tell. Boy if they just showed some random kid crying over his mom, then I suppose Jeremiah's mom could be alive as well, which would be even more interesting.

However, does anyone know why he only writes to his dad and not his mom?

Dunno really. Maybe he was closer to his dad than him mom? Maybe it was because it was his -dad- who asked him to take care of his little brother that he feels like he needs to make it up to him?

Those are my theories anyhow. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

i have a few things to comment on!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

first, Firewall will indeed answer some questions, but, like any good show, it will also raise several new and intriguing ones...

second, Tripwire is also a big mythology episode... which leads me to...

third, anybody else notice that this show is structured much like the X-Files?! it is two people, originating from a central base (FBI for X-F, Thunder Mountain for Jeremiah) who go out on "adventures", for lack of a better word.. and that there is a central mythology that is only added upon every three or four episodes, and the episodes in between are sort of filler stories.. kinda funny if you ask me.. OH, not to mention that they are/were both filmed in Vancouver... *raises eyebrow* sounds like an X-File to me...

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
-di doctor-

Latest posts

Members online

Back