• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

To live and die in starlight

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Why is the pilot movie to the legend of the rangers serie suddenly reffered to as: To live and die in starlight...

I havent seen that name anywhere before (i looked up the recording i have and it doesnt say that title in the movie either)

It's the title of the episode itself. B5LR was a "backdoor" pilot, so while the series itself is The Legend Of The Rangers, the title of that particular episode was "To Live And Die In Starlight."

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

sure it does... right after the first commercial break we see minbar, then a close up on tuzanor, then we see that minbari dude about to watch the recording of the hand ships. he says "show me" and then "TO LIVE AND DIE IN STARLIGHT" fades in across the screen...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

I have to agree.. my excuses... didnt look to good

------------------

It really was not prominently displayed, considering that it was the subtitle to the movie.
crazy.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Welcome aboard, Jonathan Arche!
smile.gif

As for the title - wasn't The Gathering once upon a time referred to as just Babylon 5? And only a little later (when it was clear that there was going to be a series by the same name?) did the Gathering name start to get more prominence?

I imagine that once B5: Rangers goes to a series (not *if*, I haven't given up hope by any means yet!), we'll all be referring to the pilot as To Live and Die in Starlight. Then again, it's quite a mouthful, so maybe we'll just be calling it the pilot.
lol.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

I think I read that when The Gathering was first aired, it was just called Babylon 5. If so, then the same thing is happening here. If it becomes a series, then they'll place more emphasis on the Starlight thing when they show it later.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
It's the title of the episode itself. B5LR was a "backdoor" pilot, so while the series itself is The Legend Of The Rangers, the title of that particular episode was "To Live And Die In Starlight."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the same as "The Gathering"

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan Arche:
Why is the pilot movie to the legend of the rangers serie suddenly reffered to as: To live and die in starlight...

I havent seen that name anywhere before (i looked up the recording i have and it doesnt say that title in the movie either)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok...I know this is like sooooooo off topic, but my curiosity is killing me. Is the name "Jonathan Arche" a reference to the captain on Enterprise?

------------------
"The dream that became reality and spread throughout the stars"-JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by starchild2002:
Ok...I know this is like sooooooo off topic, but my curiosity is killing me. Is the name "Jonathan Arche" a reference to the captain on Enterprise?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, maybe the name was too long and the 'r' got cut off.
tongue.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
Yea, maybe the name was too long and the 'r' got cut off.
tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey...It could happen
smile.gif

------------------
"The dream that became reality and spread throughout the stars"-JTK

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back