• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Theatrical Trailer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SavantB5:
Here's what I know:
[...]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like most of those shows were either a) initially developed for somebody else, b) developed by really big names (e.g. Henson, Coppola), or c) developed and produced by an affiliated company, which would naturally mean they'd get a bit more benefit of the doubt.

So I guess the answer is that I have no idea whether we should be reading anything into the "wait for ratings" bit.

It could be lack of confidence in the show, but it also could be standard practice under these particular circumstances which we just haven't seen before.

We'll know soon enough...

------------------
-- Marty

Regarding the Chronicle, the 11/19 issue of "Broadcasting and Cable" listed the Top 5 programs on the SciFi Channel based on their "core demo" of Adults aged 25-54 YTD.

Those were:
Farscape
Chronicle
Outer Limits
First Wave
Jules Verne

------------------

One more thought...

The thing that is really odd about the Rangers situation is that I can't recall Sci-Fi ever needing to see the ratings before okaying a series before.

Can anyone else?

------------------

The only thing worse than Crossing Over is Psychic Hotline commercials. It's probably too bad they cancelled their plans to 'contact' people who died in the WTC, because that would have gotten them booed off the air.

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back