• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The winning entries

Elenopa

Regular
WOO! HOO! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I came second! This is soooo cool /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks Ant /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Congrats Doug and Allan. Great stories /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Can we have some more competitions like this?

Pretty good stories, all of them. Congratulations on the winning entry, Elenopa! I wish we could read the other entries. I'm curious as to what everyone else wrote.

Congratulations to everyone who tried, but especially the first three! Thrilling stories, interesting reading, and all three actually Halloween-related. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My attempt was not Halloween-related. Neither was it Kosh-related. It will be seen some day, given the fact that it was part of another, longer story. However, that story will not reach that portion anytime soon.

Despite criminal use of emoticons, I congratulate you, Elenopa. I thought it was Ivanova until her name was mentioned. Also amused to see that John makes a complete arse of himself. Hurrah! Still, an interesting story. Marcus seems to be quite the thing amongst you lot. Look to the new topic I have created to post your own efforts. Imaginatively entitled, 'My short story entry.'

Thank you NervousPete and sorry about the emicons, but I'm happy!

I hoped you would all think that it was Ivanova, so that ploy obviously worked <evil laugh>.

Elenopa, glad to make you #2. Sorry you didn't win but... argh. It was all so good, so many good entries.

I fell for your trick, in the story... and that, to me, was a major clincher. And it was quite eerie, certainly the scariest of the final entries.

Oh, and the Kosh talk was spot on!

Congrats to our winner and our runners up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif All three were great stories. Good job to the three of you! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Even though my story didn't win, several people wanted to see it. But alas, I didn't make myself an extra copy. I only have the one that I sent in to Ant. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So if anyone wants to read it, I guess they'll have to bug him for it. I don't remember the exact words, or I would just re-write it and post it here General Discussion or in Babbleon.

**Sighs** Sometimes I wish I'd think before I did things. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have to admit, it didn't occur to me to make a copy of my story before submitting it. I wouldn't mind re-reading it and seeing if it is better or worse than I remember. I would also enjoy an opportunity to read the other entries. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just read the three winning stories and my congrats to all the authors. Lots of imagination there, and I did
especially like the winner.. "Boo"

I hope there will be another such competition. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RW7427 , I do plan to publish yours. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was funny... but very forums-related. So it'll give everyone here a kick.

I may publish all the entries, people seem to want that. But I'll let the winner and runners up soak up glory first. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Recoil, Doug goes by Radar. But he doesn't seem to post much. I'll have to look up Allan, see if he's registered.

Elanopa, yours was my personal favorite of the three. Perhaps I'm biased because I also wrote one that had a serious bent and tried to fit in with the B5 story, but there it is. But I liked how yours added a little hint of another dimension of a character while still keeping a good short story and fulfilling all the requirements of the contest.

Hello All,

This is Doug Roper here.

I humbly thank all of you for your congrats, and thank AntonyF and Kribu for their efforts in hosting the contest.

AntonyF, Recoil, it's true I'm not a prolific poster, but I'm an avid follower of the site. Perhaps I'll open my yap more often now, <what's the use of being famous if no one knows who you are?> but there isn't much I can usually add to the conversations since you guys cover so much info so quick.

The other stories were quite enjoyable, and inventive. I was confounded by the 750 word cap. I'd be interested in hearing aboiut how much editing follks had to do. I spent more time editing than writing. That's tough! I ended up chopping quite a bit out of the story. G'Kar lost a lot of material, and there was a discussion about the Pak'ma'ra that got cut. <Probably for the best> All in all I think the story held together okay, and I'm humbled that it was chosen as the winner. Thanks again, and thanks to everyone who contributed, you guys sure didn't make it easy for the judges.

I have been tinkering with writing a piece of B5 FanFic for a couple of years now. Maybe I'll develop it further and toss it up here to see what folks think.

>!<
RADAR

Editing... that't the name of the bug which ate half of my story. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Same here. With such a short story, I spent more time editing than writing. Eventually, what was intended as one story became an entirely different one.

The winners certainly did a good job. This contest really was great fun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now everyone is asking Ant when the next contest is going to be. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif There's just no pleasing us, eh?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
RW7427 , I do plan to publish yours. It was funny... but very forums-related. So it'll give everyone here a kick.

[/quote]

Goody! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congratulations to the winners! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Don't really have much to add... except that this was a great contest, lots of really good and pretty much equal entries, so while the reading part was fun, the decisions weren't easy to make. I'm sure Antony can attest to that, too.

Radar,
Yeah, I had to edit my story down to nothing. Unfortunately, by the time I realised that it was too late to come up with another story.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back