• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Touch- Lets get some discussion going

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Another good episode which shows how messed up parts of the world are after the big death. The story about who would be in charge after marcus's death was intresting though. If in Firewall we didnt find out Lee was working with EZ :) i dont think I would have had the same reaction to the story. I kept thinking during the Council chat "He cant be in charge, hes somehow involved with VS" . Cant wait till next week

capt

To me, this was the worst Egan episode since The Bag. I did like the Marcus stuff, even the cliche indian spirit guide stuff, but that town and those people were simply too unbelievable for me. I knew why some people stayed in the town: the little girl wanted her mother, the kid felt grateful to his father figure or whatever, but why the hell did everyone else stay? I mean how screwed up are all these people anyway? I don't know, maybe I'm just a heartless bastard, but I think those people got exactly what they deserved. I don't even see what good came in the end, because those people are nothing but sheep waiting for the next wolf to come along... in a month or so, another idiot will come along and convince them all to start a nudist colony or something. I didn't feel any compassion for any of them.

It seems that no matter where Kurdy and Jeremiah go, the only people with any kind of courage or compassion are Jeremiah and Kurdy. Everybody else is either gutless, stupid, insane or evil. Frankly, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be such a bad thing for the Valhalla people to take over the world -- maybe they can put a stop to all the insanity that's going on.

A nudist colony, now that's an interesting idea. Kurdy looks pretty good with his shirt off. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Dudes, I'm staying out of this thread. I'm still on "Thieves' Honor." /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

It was a mediocre episode aired during the time of some other big sci-fi events. (Star Wars II)

I don't quite get the Indian spirit, but the Markas stuff was good.

I also agree on one of Psion Ten's points:
Why can't we find a normal town for once?

Originally posted by PsionTen:
<font color=yellow>To me, this was the worst Egan episode since The Bag.</font color=yellow>

For me it was the worst episode period (so far). I still think it is better than most crap that gets put on television, but it was definitely not up to par with the rest of the episodes. I may have been a bit too harsh in my review on my web site, but it just didn't grab me at all. Eh, it wasn't -bad- but certainly not -great- either. /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

At least all my site updates are finished at last! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

What was up with that Indian?! That had me groaning for the rest of the day. It's like the "Zarg" of Jeremiah- you don't know why it's there and you wish it wasn't.
Maybe they'll explain it somehow, like it turns out that Markas is American Indian or he was drugged or something, but still... ech.

Yea, that exachange irk'd me too. It was clear they wanted some deeper meaning for the scene or the vision, but why a Native American? WTF?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back