• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Great Maker Hast Smiled Upon Me

channe

Regular
I was in the local mall (ugh!) spending large amounts of money I don't have on my loved ones when I found something that I really shouldn't have found.

I entered a B.Dalton with every intention of purchasing a mass market copy of The Fellowship Of The Ring for a friend of mine (horror! they didn't have one without Frodo's face on the front!), when I stopped short.

There was a mint, unread, mass-market gem: a copy of "To Dream In The City of Sorrows." First edition. No kidding.

I am living proof. You, too, can find a copy of "To Dream In The City Of Sorrows."

And it was only $5.50, too.
smile.gif

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

She shoots... SHE SCORES!!!!!
laugh.gif

Have you read it before?

If not, you're in for a treat.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

BTW, shouldn't the title of this thread be "The Great Maker hath Smiled Upon Me", not 'hast'?

I always thought it was "he hath, thou hast"?
crazy.gif

Just wondering...

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Kribu is right.

Channe is suffering from end-of-semester brain leakage.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Channe is suffering from end-of-semester brain leakage.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I remember how that feels.
laugh.gif

I wasn't trying to nit-pick, just wondered if I had remembered it wrong.
smile.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
(hype rubs channe's head for good luck!)
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So that's why Channe looks like she had her hand on a Van de Graaff generator....
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

That is amazing, Channe! I mean, what a find! The fates were definitely working for you that day. I go lucky by finding a used copy on amazon.com while they were still about $8 or so. And I thought I WAS LUCKY back when that happened (around September maybe, or August).

(hype rubs channe's head for good luck!)
laugh.gif

------------------
(Spirit): “If it is too hard a lesson for you to learn, then learn this lesson:”
[Shows emaciated children at his feet.] (Ebenezer): “Are these yours?” (Spirit): “They are Man’s. They cling to me for protection from their fetters. This boy is ignorance, this girl is want. Beware them both, but most of all, beware this boy.” (Ebenezer): “Have they no refuge, no resource?” (Spirit): “Are there no prisons, are there no workhouses?”

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Good for you.
smile.gif

I had no problems getting mine from Amazon's UK site but of course it's better for you guys to get a copy without shipping charges etc.

------------------

It's sitting there, whispering at me. "Channe... Channe... read me..."

I refuse to answer the siren song until I finish with my work :p

------------------

You have a great read ahead of you. Don't start it until you have time to enjoy it without feeling rushed.
smile.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Cool Channe!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

I have read that book, and I think it's just awesome! If you have not read it yet, you will enjoy it when you do.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back