• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The box that lies & the ship that looked like a Shadow...

I never got to read the unfilmed Crusade scripts. Wow--the stuff you are talking about in this thread is interesting!

Tammy

------------------

One thing that I found interesting about End of the Line was Galen's repulsion at EF's experiments with the Shadow tech.

It made me wonder if it would lead him to reject the Shadow tech that he uses - thereby "clensing" the Excalibur and giving its crew more of a moral standpoint against such usage.

It sure would be interesting to see Galen as a non-technomage!

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

[This message has been edited by Bester (edited April 29, 2001).]

Bester, which shadow tech are you talking about?
smile.gif
I wasn't aware of the Excalibur crew using any shadow tech, other than Galen and the technomages. And I don't know if Gideon could make Galen give up the shadow tech, he'd be just a normal guy then, and I don't known if it would be even possible to get all those implants out. I don't really even see a reason why Gideon would ask Galen to do that, he's much more of a help with his magical abilities. I'm sure even Gideon would use shadow tech to help him reach his goals.

vakie

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vakie:
I don't know if Gideon could make Galen give up the shadow tech<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said that Gideon would make Galen do anything. I'm just speculating at Galen's reaction to what he saw in End of the Line.

You have a point about the implants, though!

------------------
Trust the Corps

coldsoup753 the pic is Julie Benz from Roswell.

------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

"I was just trying to work out whether a comment from me right now would be most wanted or least needed."

ok first off I do not know anywhere where the scripts are online they used to be on bookface.come before it came down. If anyone want's the 3 unfilmes crusade scripts e-mail me one is teh season finally.

Still looking for infomation about the sword Dereena aquires.

They deal with shadow tech the ship that blew up cerebus Bester etc

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> written by vakie Other stuff that is weird about the box, is that I've read somewhere that in the Crusade writer's bible it is mentioned that there are infact 6 apocalypse boxes, and I think JMS has also mentioned, IIRC, that the box predates the Vorlons and the Shadows, but not Lorien. I wasn't able to find this post though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK about this Apocalypse box it is rumoured there are 6 of these boxs and they are about as old as the first ones I beleive.

The Box does know ALLOT and it does give a hell of allot of good infomation however it does lie somtimes and those times can be at teh wrong time and can have grave consequense's. It is very difficult to tell when it is lying and when it is being truthful.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Just another thought....

What if the Apocolypse Box contained a cure to the Drakh virus? Now that *would* be ironic!!!!

------------------
Trust the Corps

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bester:
Just another thought....

What if the Apocolypse Box contained a cure to the Drakh virus? Now that *would* be ironic!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sure would! But knowing that little bugger can lie...I don't know. It could give information that would actually speed the virus as well. Shades of The Matrix: "Red pill or blue pill?"

Kitsune

------------------
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." Elric the Techno-Mage, "Geometry of Shadows"

I figure the Cerberus was destroyed ON PURPOSE by Earthforce. They had to test the ability of the hyrbid Shadow ship, so they used one of their own ships.

AntonyF, whose picture is that you are using? I can't think of any character from B5, Crusade or Voyager who looks like that.

------------------
Where were you Londo, when my destiny was written in the stars?

Well, atleast in 'End of the Line', this is the explanation given to why the Cerberus was destroyed:

GIDEON
Is that what happened to the Cerberus? Did the captain find out something he shouldn't have? Did he see something he shouldn't have seen?

Lee gets up, moves away. This is a sore point for him.

LEE
What happened to the Cerberus was a tragic mistake. Shadow tech is organic, it incorporates living beings into its operating system. Sometimes the mix goes well, sometimes it doesn't. That's why the Alliance considers it forbidden tech. Sometimes the subject... goes mad. And the ship that's a part of him also goes mad. Something went wrong during one of these merges. The ship broke free, went on a rampage. We couldn't stop it in time. The Cerberus was in the wrong place at the wrong time, that's all.

GIDEON
That's all. Three hundred and sixty men and women die, never knowing why, and all you can say is it was a mistake?

Of course, Major Lee could be lying, or not knowing all the facts. But I think it sounds believable. The same thing happened before, or actually a year after the Cerberus incident, in 'Messages from Earth'.

vakie

------------------

Is it possible that the collection of all 6 Apocalypse boxes could be the cure to the plague? Could it be using Gideon to unite them, thus releasing it's evil on the universe?

The other question is, after the snide comment by our Artifact collector, (the magic rock comment), does he have one also? His personality is too curious, he would be all over it with questions, measuring devices, not ribbing the captian for following the box. He has one, or has played with one before, and it is old news to him, and knowing more about it than Gideon, he knows the folley of listning to it.

------------------

Is it possible that the collection of all 6 Apocalypse boxes could be the cure to the plague? Could it be using Gideon to unite them, thus releasing it's evil on the universe?

The other question is, after the snide comment by our Artifact collector, (the magic rock comment), does he have one also? His personality is too curious, he would be all over it with questions, measuring devices, not ribbing the captian for following the box. He has one, or has played with one before, and it is old news to him, and knowing more about it than Gideon, he knows the folley of listning to it.

------------------

This is just a guess. I think uniting the apocolypse boxes would be a bad thing. They are called apocolypse boxes, a name for a battle that will end the world. Doesnt sound like it would be a good thing.

------------------

"I hate it when you do that"

"Good"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gkarfan:
I never got to read the unfilmed Crusade scripts. Wow--the stuff you are talking about in this thread is interesting!

Tammy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you haven't gotten a hold of them yet, contact me and I will send them to you via email. cstanford@reedsmith.com

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

all 6 apocalypse boxes together

does not sound good

"apocalypse"

just doesn't sound good to me

wonder what it would actually be the end of? interesting thought.

Considering armageddon is supposed to be the end of life "as we know it" (this is the age old question what constitutes life as we know it?), could be interesting.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

The Excalibur is not shadow tech (not sure if someone answered this).

It is Vorlon and EF tech.

interesting ship, although the other prototype was destroyed, hope they managed to find a way to make that delay problem work for them.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

The box doesn't just lie, it slowly takes you over. In the original plan when we first hear the box talk it is in a garbled voice but as the series progressed it was supposed to continually clear up and become closer to Gideon's voice. In the end it would sound like Gideon talking to himself. Of course subtlety like this was completely lost on TNT. Continuity, what's that?

------------------
Bus
"Yes, he is handsome in an ugly sort of way."-Homer

Let's get Biblical for a minute...

The word "apocalypse" does not necessarily refer to the end of the world, though that is what it has come to be identified with in western culture since the biblical book of Revelation (or "The Apocalypse of John") deals with that issue.

The word is actually synonymous with "revelation." It means to reveal something that was previously hidden. I think that JMS was playing on the negative connotation most people have of the word "apocalypse." With a name like that, you'd immediately think that this thing is bad news (and it may very well be). In reality, though, it is slowly revealing bits and peices of itself and peices of the puzzle of the plague to Matthew. I wish we'd have gotten to see how far it was going to go and what its final revelation would have been. If there is more than one box, maybe JMS will work this plot device into B5LR somehow.

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
The box doesn't just lie, it slowly takes you over. In the original plan when we first hear the box talk it is in a garbled voice but as the series progressed it was supposed to continually clear up and become closer to Gideon's voice. In the end it would sound like Gideon talking to himself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Where did you hear that?

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back