• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Technomage Exodus

Did anyone else catch this? This was not the first time I have seen all the episodes. It was my third. But, I fianlly realized something.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> When Gideon was saved ny Galen, the technomages were leaving known space. In fact, In Crusade, Babylon 5 would have been around for ten years. Gideon said he was rescued nine years ago. That would put it in the 2nd season of Babylon 5 and the episode with Elric. </font></td></tr></table>

See the ties?

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"It's a shame our reality is devestating." Eve What's Going On?

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

Don't you just love how it all comes together?
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

[This message has been edited by crazybillyo (edited October 12, 2001).]

Yep.... and for a better look at that ep in particular, read book II of the technomage trilogy (assuming, of course, you've read book I... if not, read it first.
tongue.gif
)

------------------
I'm lobbying for someplace more comfortable for our next gathering place. A nice resort with a beach. A bunch of pale skinned technomages in black robes would fit right in.

Yes. JMS takes very good care of us! The episodes, movies, trilogies, etc. fit together and support one another.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

I would read the trilogy, except nobody in my area carries the books...anywhere.
frown.gif

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

The only problem is the timing doesn't work right. The Technomage Exodus in Season 2 puts it at 2259. Gideon and Galen both talk about the rescue being ten years ago, which would set Crusade in 2269.

But ACTA is supposed to be set 5 years after the ISA is created which would be in 2266.

B5 magazine has ACTA right at the end of 2266 and Crusade starting in January 2267, which means that Galen and Gideon were both wrong in referring to the rescue as taking place ten years before.

Grrrrrrrr.

------------------
Demon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EntilZhaDelenn:
shocked.gif
I'm soooo sorry! That's why I put a spoiler box in my post!

EntilZhaDelenn

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? I meant that other thread, the one that I think is discussing the technomage trilogy in great detail. I avoid it because I have not yet gotten around to the technomage trilogy.

You are doing just fine. I don't even think you needed a spoiler box with your first post.

I was trying to say: thanks. I appreciate being able to choose. (Of course now that I know webTV viewers can't read the spoiler boxes, I don't know WHAT to do anymore.)

But you are doing just fine. I was saying that I am glad people do try so hard to avoid the book's spoilers.
laugh.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EntilZhaDelenn:
I would read the trilogy, except nobody in my area carries the books...anywhere.
frown.gif

EntilZhaDelenn

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, Where in the World is EntilZhaDelenn?

My local Waldenbooks has both Technomage Book 1 and Book 2 in stock. Assuming you're not in Antarctica, we might be able to arrange something.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

frown.gif

EntilZhaDelenn
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can get someone with a credit card to help you out, you can order it online. If you don't like paying online, I think almost all the companies have toll-free phone numbers you can use to order. Amazon.com is where I got almost all of my current B5 books.

By the way, folks, thanks for the spoilers. I'm on book 2 of the telepath trilogy, and want very much to miss all spoilers on the technomage trilogy.
laugh.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

shocked.gif
I'm soooo sorry! That's why I put a spoiler box in my post!

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------

Hmm...sounds like a fun game. Where in the world is EntilZhaDelenn?
laugh.gif

Anyway, I am in New York State. Where I live might as well be called Antarctica.
wink.gif

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------

Hey, EntilZhaDelenn -

I live in Western NY, where are you? I've been getting my books at bookstores, and over Amazon.com.

And I'm not looking forward to Yet Another Snowy Winter!!!

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the Chocolate Cheesecake.

Hmm...sounds like a fun game. Where in the world is EntilZhaDelenn?
laugh.gif

Anyway, I am in New York State. Where I live might as well be called Antarctica.
wink.gif

EntilZhaDelenn

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want me to pick 'em up for ya, let me know.

I'm near Pittsburgh, PA.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

amazon.com takes cheques/money orders, it's just a little slower.

------------------
I'm lobbying for someplace more comfortable for our next gathering place. A nice resort with a beach. A bunch of pale skinned technomages in black robes would fit right in.

[This message has been edited by Derian (edited October 14, 2001).]

Channe, Western New York, too! I really hate it when it gets cold up here...

Yeah, I'll beg my mom to see if she'll take me to a store. What bookstore have you been getting them from? And, can you get ones from the episodes and the telemovies? I just got money over the weekend from babysitting.
smile.gif

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------

Channe, Western New York, too! I really hate it when it gets cold up here...

Yeah, I'll beg my mom to see if she'll take me to a store. What bookstore have you been getting them from?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assuming you're talking to me, not Channe:

WaldenBooks, because I have a Preferred Reader card (10% off), and it usually ends up being cheaper than Amazon in the end, even considering gas and sales tax.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
And, can you get ones from the episodes and the telemovies?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

crazy.gif
The only ones from the episodes are the episode guides by Jane Killick (which I have, but haven't seen in bookstores for a long time). I haven't seen the ones for the telemovies for awhile either. I have 'em all, and am currently reading A Call to Arms (but after reading Technomage books 1 & 2, I'm not impressed with Sheckley's work in A Call to Arms. I hear Peter David's work in Thirdspace and In the Beginning is much better.

Last time I was at Waldenbooks, they had one copy of Centauri Prime Book #2, one copy of Centauri Prime Book #3, one copy of Technomage Book #1, and two copies of Technomage Book #2.

I also have an extra copy of The Shadow Within (book #7 of the original Dell series, "Used", but in very nice shape), and one copy of To Dream in the City of Sorrows. If you want either of those, you could have #7 for $3, and/or #9 for $7 (#9 is New, in perfect condition. It's a UK book, and cost me $9.68 with the shipping from England, because I couldn't find 'em in the USA in 11/2000.) Your charge for postage will be whatever the Post Office charges me (shouldn't be much, since the books are light and you're not very far away).

List of B5 Books & Short Stories:

Title, Author, ISBN#, Copyright Date, Publisher, Pages, Est. Words/ Full Page, Lines/ Page, Estimated Wordcount

Book#1 Voices, Vornholt, John, 0-440-22057-2, March-1995, Dell, 246, 389, 38, 95694

Book#2 Accusations, Tilton, Lois, 0-440-22058-0, May-1995, Dell, 278, 306, 35 or 36, 85068

Book#3 Blood Oath, Vornholt, John, 0-440-22059-9, October-1995, Dell, 246, 327, 35, 80442

Book#4 Clark's Law, Mortimore, Jim, 0-440-22229-X, February-1996, Dell, 279, 365, 38, 101835

Book#5 The Touch of Your Shadow, the Whisper of Your Name, Barrett, Jr., Neal, 0-440-22230-3, April-1996, Dell, 248, 231, 31 or 32, 57288

Book#6 Betrayals, Stirling, S.M., 0-440-22234-6, June-1996, Dell, 279, 380, 37, 106020

Book#7 The Shadow Within, Cavelos, Jeanne, 0-440-22348-2, April-1997, Dell, 259, 308, 35, 79772

Book#8 Personal Agendas, Sarrantonio, Al, 0-440-22351-2, May-1997, Dell, 212, 242, 33, 51304

Book#9 To Dream in the City of Sorrows, Drennan, Kathryn M., 0-440-22354-7, July-1997, Dell, 337, 342, 35, 115254

Dark Genesis - The Birth of the Psi Corps, Keyes, J. Gregory, 0-345-42715-7, October-1998, Del Rey, 267, 407, 38, 108669

Deadly Relations - Bester Ascendant, Keyes, J. Gregory, 0-345-42716-5, March-1999, Del Rey, 266, 426, 41, 113316

Final Reckoning - The Fate of Bester, Keyes, J. Gregory, 0-345-42717-3, October-1999, Del Rey, 257, 390, 38, 100230

Legions of Fire - Book I - The Long Night of Centauri Prime, David, Peter, 0-345-42718-1, December-1999, Del Rey, 280, 332, 36, 92960

Legions of Fire - Book II - Armies of Light and Dark, David, Peter, 0-345-42719-X, May-2000, Del Rey, 255, 376, 38, 95880

Legions of Fire - Book III - Out of the Darkness, David, Peter, 0-345-42720-3, November-2000, Del Rey, 263, 390, 40, 102570

The Passing of the Techno-Mages - Book I - Casting Shadows, Cavelos, Jeanne, 0-345-42721-1, March-2001, Del Rey, 336

The Passing of the Techno-Mages - Book II - Summoning Light, Cavelos, Jeanne, 0-345-42722-X, July-2001, Del Rey, 356

The Passing of the Techno-Mages - Book III - Invoking Darkness, Cavelos, Jeanne, 0-345-43833-7, November-2001, Del Rey,

A Call to Arms, Sheckley, Robert, 0-345-43155-3, January-1999, Del Rey, 244

In the Beginning, David, Peter, 0-345-42452-2, January-1998, Del Rey, 255

Thirdspace, David, Peter, 0-345-42454-9, July-1998, Del Rey, 256

The A-Z Guide to Babylon 5, Bassom, David, 0-440-22385-7, March-1997, Dell

Babylon 5 - Signs and Portents, Killick, Jane, 0-345-42447-6, February-1998, Del Rey

Babylon 5 - The Coming of Shadows, Killick, Jane, 0-345-42448-4, April-1998, Del Rey

Babylon 5 - Point of No Return, Killick, Jane, 0-345-42449-2, June-1998, Del Rey

Babylon 5 - No Surrender, No Retreat, Killick, Jane, 0-345-42450-6, September-1998, Del Rey

Babylon 5 - The Wheel of Fire, Killick, Jane, 0-345-42451-4, April-1999, Del Rey

Short Stories, , Published In, Issue, Comments

The Shadow of His Thoughts, Straczynski, J. M. , Amazing Stories, Summer 1999, Number 597, The Londo Story

Genius Loci, Straczynski, J. M. , Amazing Stories, Winter 2000, Number 599, The Lyta / G'Kar Story

Space, Time, and the Incurable Romantic, Straczynski, J. M. , Amazing Stories, Summer 2000, Number 602, The Marcus / Ivanova Story

Hidden Agendas, Straczynski, J. M. , Babylon 5/Crusade Magazine, May 2000, Number 22, The Ivanova/Warlock Destroyer/Ulkesh's Vorlon Transport/Sheridan/Lyta Story

True Seeker, Avery, Fiona, Babylon 5/Crusade Magazine, July 2000, Number 23, The Narn Story (carries on from episode 17 "Legacies" http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/017.html )

The Nautilus Coil, Keyes, J. Gregory, Babylon 5/Crusade Magazine, August 2000, Number 24, The Garibaldi/Lyta/Psi Corp/Vorlon story. Connects with "Dark Genesis - The Birth of the Psi Corps"

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel. http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited October 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited October 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited October 17, 2001).]

I believe that, if you ask, several of the Chain bookstores will query other branches of the same chain for copies of hard to find books that might be on their shelves.

Or, you might check your local Public Library. A search on the Orlando (Orange County) Public Library website shows taht they have 8 of the Babylon 5 books still on their shelves.

Not bad, considering how quickly some libraries "surplus" the books these days. It usually means the books are fairly popular if they are still around after about 6 or 8 months.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Right, I know that Waldenbooks, if they don't currently have 'em can order them. They've done that for me in the past. I've also known the one I buy from to get the novels about a week prior to the release date, and, the technomage novel's don't have to be held until the published release date, since it's not an official release, just an estimated dat that it should be available everywhere by.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
Not bad, considering how quickly some libraries "surplus" the books these days. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh, that makes me feel so good about the B5 books I donated to my local library last December (#7, #9; Psi Corps and Centauri Prime trilogies) By now, they've probably sold 'em all for 50 cents each.
shocked.gif

I think I'll go see if they're still there and if anybody's checked them out.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Wow, thanks for the info. Sadly, my library is poor and deprived of a wide selection of books. Their selection of books does not include Babylon 5. Thanks KoshN for the info.

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back