• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tannier (spoiler)

wipster

Perhaps this has been asked before, but was this the same Tannier that was in "Learning Curve" on S5 on B5? I realize it's not the same actor, but is it the same character? Their attitudes seem similar and the time frame would be about right for Tannier's training.

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

According to the Lurker's Guide interview with JMS, Tannier was the same ranger, he was only played by different actors.

------------------
"Ink on a page!" -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.
"Life is life, whether it's wrapped in skin, scales or feathers." -Dr. Franklin

The actor that played Tannier is....
Todd Sandomirsky.
He is a local Vancouver based actor who is also a really great guy. yes I believe the name Tannier has been used before, like I've said to others, I know about 10 Peters so....whay not another Tannier. It's a great name. Take care Alex Zahara

------------------
Dulann

Interesting how the universe works! JMS answered my question even though I didn't ask him directly. And Alex (Dulann), give my complements to Todd if you see him again, as he did a GREAT job of portraying the character in the same manner as in B5.

And, my complements to you for a superb job as Dulann...you were one of my favorite characters and you portrayed a Minbari (religious caste I presume) with perfection. I hope beyond hope that this becomes a series so we can further explore the relationship between yourself and Martel...I sense there is more to it than meets the eye!

Thanks for a great performance!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

I liked Tannier, in the "you're-a-bastard-but-an-honorable-bastard" sort of way...

I'm glad that he's meant to be the same character. I was hoping so. Although he only appeared in one episode, he was a memorable enough character that we all said, "Wait a minute... Tannier? Wasn't that the..."

Well, that's like the problem a few people had with Dulann being similar to Delenn. I remember telling someone somewhere that they do that in English, e.g. "Mary" and "Maury..."

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

We have seen Tannier before in B5 season five. He was the Minbari that was

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> afraid to die for something less than a noble cause. That's why he failed to help someone being attacked in down below. He didn't want to die simply to stop a robber. </font></td></tr></table>

Knowing this you can guess what happens to him in the movie.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Deviot, just curious, but why was (spoiler) inserted into the topic? I didn't feel that the mentioning of a name gave away any plot points... if there is a good reason that's fine, but I just worry that this is going a little too far. I guess I need to know the guidelines better.

Thanks
crazy.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

Back