• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Wars: Episode VII?

I'm not saying the Bloom County cartoons are proof he was going to do something. I just mean that many, many years in advance it was known that this was a plan he took (at one time at least) seriously to let people know it was part of his grander vision. They'd just have to wait quite some time for it.

Bottom line: Lucas doesn't seem reluctant to make sequels/prequels/weirdquels.

It could be a continuation is possible. God knows it would be easier to finance and more likely for commercial success than most original projects, I fear.

And thus the doom of the modern Hollywood film process, IMHO. :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right, when the first StarWars came out, Lucas said that it would eventually be three trilogies. Even if he is backing off of that now, you never know if he will change his mind in the future.

I'm just hoping he makes the last movie in the Ewok trilogy. It's been way too long since we've seen Wicket show us what he can do.

Sinclair, you'd better edit your reply with some sort of a smilie, or something, to let us know that you are joking! Otherwise, I see either an emergency room, or a padded room, in your future! :p

Given the downward spiral in the quality of the Star Wars movies, I hope Episode 3 is the end. 'Cause AOTC was heartbreakingly bad.

Actually I thought AoTC was great movie-entertainment, even if it did not quite stand up to the original Star Wars-movies which were classics. The criticized "romance-scenes" (bad dialogue) are only a small part of the movie: check out the CGI-details of the depicted worlds, the exilerating fight-sequences (the last 30 mins for ex rocked! :D) , the adventure-feel and the beautiful picture-quality and sound and I say Lucas created another winner! ;)

Just shows that us Star Wars-fans (and the critics: some bashed the movie, others gave it rave reviews) can differ in our opinions as to the movies ;).

As to making a 2nd trilogy, sounds interesting to me but it remains to be seen if it is just rumours flying about. First Lucas must finish ep 3, and I for one am very much looking forward to it in 2005! :D

Yeah it is decent especially when you can skip the awful romance segments.

Something that does bother me about the last fight, Obi Wan simply pops up after being sprawled out like a slug while others are fighting to save him. Exactly why was he not helping? If nothing else he could have been flinging things at they guy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back