• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SFC Alert: Revised Time Change

MartinRoth

Regular
They couldn't even let us watch B5 at 6 PM before changing it again...

Starting on Wednesday, January 2, Babylon 5 reruns on the Sci-Fi Channel (US) will air Monday through Friday at 5 PM ET/PT, and not at the previously announced time of 6 PM.

(It will be followed by Star Trek (TOS) at 6 PM, Earth: Final Conflict at 7 PM, and First Wave (M-Th only) at 8 PM. Farscape reruns are being pulled from the schedule entirely.)

No, I have no idea why they're doing this...

------------------
-- Marty

Maybe some TNT folks got canned and then got jobs at Sci-Fi Channel.
wink.gif

No, seriously, B5 reruns have had several good cycles. They probably wanna put it on the back burner for a while so it'll be that much more attractive when they put it back at a better time, like 6:00 or 7:00 a few months down the road.

Think about how many times Quantum Leap has bounced around the SFC and USA networks. I guess it's time B5 did too (not that I'm happy about it, mind you).

However, Earth: Final Conflict at 7:00. Urgh!
crazy.gif

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to soldiers fighting overseas and to their families.

This reminds me of the old saying:

"You lose some, and you lose some. But sometimes, you lose..."

I guess we should be happy it's still on the air...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MartinRoth:
No, I have no idea why they're doing this...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably don't either.
crazy.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ninja_Squirrel:
However, Earth: Final Conflict at 7:00. Urgh!
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose that's better than being bumped by Black Scorpion.
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

5pm EST? Damn, guess I won't be watching it anymore. I live in CST, thats 4pm here, I dont get home till 6pm CST (which was just perfect for the way it is now). Oh well, like someone said, it has had about 2 and a half good runs through the cycle...

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I suppose that's better than being bumped by Black Scorpion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monumentally good point.
laugh.gif

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to soldiers fighting overseas and to their families.

Although this isn't good for B5 ratings wise, I can appreciate the earlier time. The 6:00 PM (Central, that is) slot split up my studying time.

This way I'll be able to check off B5 right after attending Shadow University, Inc.
wink.gif

------------------
"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant."
BlackStar's Messageboard | blackstar@welivefortheone.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by BlackStar (edited December 13, 2001).]

Cherish whenever you can watch it, because I can't anymore unless on tape or on my computer. Somehow, magically, we no longer get Scifi here on campus.
mad.gif
I'd better be able to find somewhere to watch Rangers, come January, or I'm gonna be one unhappy gryphon . . .

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because it's the only thing no one has figured out how to kill yet."

Isn't that the time slot aimed at the "just got home from School" crowd??
It would appear they might be going after a Younger Audience this time around.
Since many of the people posting Here got started when they were in that age group, it just might be a Good move.

Corrupt 'em Young and they'll demand Good SF forever.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

The time that B5 is on is not an issue for me. Since I now have all 110 episodes on tape I can watch them whenever I want. (RW is a very happy man BTW to have all 110 eps on tape
smile.gif
)Besides I'm never home at 5, 6, or 7 pm EST. I usually work 2-11pm EST, so I miss it anyhow.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

WHAT THE FRELL!!! Yes, B5 has had a good run, but what about Trek? That is being run into the ground.

My question is why? And why can't we, the
fan base bombard scifi with that question? How 'bout if they run it at 5:00 & 10 or 11:00?!?

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Ok,

Granted. Its a bit odd that ST:TOS is being run at the 6pm EST slot. That show is something like 35 years old. The 2 slot idea isnt a bad one. Who knows that the fans can make happen if they spam scifi.com enough. On the subject of shows that are on sci-fi that we wonder why they are there at those times (like ST:TOS), is anyone else as *SHOCKED* that 'Crossing Over with John Edward' is still on the air? What kind of a bunk show is that anyway
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
...is anyone else as *SHOCKED* that 'Crossing Over with John Edward' is still on the air?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:

What kind of a bunk show is that anyway
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet there are people who watch this show (I know several who have gone to John Edwards' readings, and one who is going to classes to become a Tarot Card Reader.), and wouldn't be caught dead watching B5, Buffy, or Angel.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
frown.gif

The level of incongruity is staggering! If you try to understand it, I think you will start bleeding from the ears.

shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 15, 2001).]

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Paramont gave them a Very good price on TOS.

Those episodes are a Cash Cow. They have been Pure Profit for 30 years now.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Certainly not.

Good thing I have tapes.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

I have tapes.....

BUT I feel we are being disrespected by jerkin' us around with the showtime, and putting Drek...I mean Trek on at a more reasonable hour....for thoses of us on the eastern seaboard that work some sort of 9 to 5 shift!

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back