• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SF and TV don't mix, we need to find another way...

Re: SF and TV don\'t mix, we need to find another way...

wow, we've gotten off-topic pretty fast. I wanted to discuss new ways to bring SF to the screen, not the necessity of reading. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

(P.S., I learned all my English through TV and music, just like all Dutch kids do)

Yes, but most American kids who learn Dutch learn it through classes. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

There's really no "new way" to bring SF to the screen. The screen trade is pretty much entrenched. And it's expensive to finance on your own, even with digital...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Lord Refa: </font color>
Well, I really HATE reading. It's a miracle I read all those 'important' B5 books. So untill books have screens in them, with moving pictures and audio sound, it's not a real option. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

[/quote]

Reading books develops your imagination. The more you read fiction without pictures, the easier and more enjoyable it gets. The trouble is that TV and movies end up making you lazy, and then you don't enjoy reading as much until you redevelop your powers of imagination.

Books allow a level of story telling that no other medium can carry as well. It also allows stories to be told that would ordinarily go untold, for lack of ability to tell them. Youre average writer could write an incredible story, but the same story could never be made into tv or film, simply beacause its wasnt main stream etc.enough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back