• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season two speculation

Lyta

Anyone care to speculate what will happen in season two? I am most curious about this bit from Showtime's press release:

<font color="orange">In the new season, Sean Astin, known for his role as Samwise Gamgee in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, will play a quirky colorful character named "Mr. Smith" who will partner with Warner's character, "Kurdy." Together they will go out on the road to help forge new alliances that will help in the rebuilding of their nation.</font color>

So, who is "Mr. Smith" and why does he go by such a formal name? Most everyone else in the series doesn't even use last names except for those in TM or perhaps VS.

Why does Kurdy need a new partner? How long will Jeremiah stay at VS and will it be by choice or will he be a prisoner?

Anyone care to speculate what or who they think Valhalla Sector is now? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I had hoped to generate more discussion than the Showtime boards but nooooooo. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

It's a nice thing you try but I have long given up trying to predict what JMS is going to do /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I haven't, though. While I'm on break, let me see...

There isn't really enough information yet to speculate well. Showtime and JMS are keeping a tight lid on the story, and it's either because they don't want people like me speculating, or they just plumb don't know themselves what's going to happen.

I'm going with option one.

Jeremiah is probably going to remain at Valhalla Sector for a while. I'm not sure he'll find it easy to get away, considering where he's being held. After that, it depends on whether his father is a Bad Guy, a Good Guy, or a Guy That Plays Both Sides - any of those options, the last in particular, would lend new stories. But I doubt we'll see Jeremiah in the world for a while - I believe that the Jeremiah let loose to find Kurdy and the remnants of Thunder Mountain will be a different Jeremiah than the one that was captured on the top of the hill.

Describing Mr. Smith as "colorful" is less than helpful, but a character has to have a reason for existing. It seems from the press release that he might be another agent at Thunder Mountain or someone that believes in Thunder Mountain's mission; or maybe somebody Kurdy converted to the cause. Again, it's hard to tell.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Ok, you guys are just too smart for me then. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I know it isn't much but ya gotta start somewhere. I really hope JMS will share something with us this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif *crosses her fingers*

Some thoughts...

I think that there are no less than three major factions at work in this series: Thunder Mountain, Valhalla Sector, and a third yet unamed group which includes Jeremiah's father, Ezekial, and Lee.

In the season finale it sounded like Jeremiah's dad was doing what he could to keep the forces of Valhalla Sector from understanding how to control the spread through a working vaccine. Ezekial was trying to keep Jeremiah out of harms way, knowing that if captured, the guys at VS could use Jeremiah as leverage to get the secrets to the vaccine.

I don't think Ezekial is dead yet and I believe that he will in some way be involved in helping Kurdy and "Mr. Smith" free the captured leaders. I strongly believe that Jeremiah will see Lee at VS, act out angrily toward him, only to find out that Lee is about the only friend he has in there.

But most of all, I believe JMS will pull something out of the hat that we never even thought of because let's face it, he's full of surprises. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Haze

"Why does Kurdy need a new partner? How long will Jeremiah stay at VS and will it be by choice or will he be a prisoner?"

That was also what struck me first when I read the article. This probably will means that Jeremiah and Kurdy will be separated in the Season 2 and that probably will mean that Jeremiah is going to be in Valhalla Sector more time, you make a good question will that be as prisoner or by choice. Is going to be interesting how this would be show in the new season. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That makes me wanting more to see the second season. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back