• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season 1 Bible for Sale

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have an offical Babylon 5 Season 1 Bible signed by numerous members of the B5 cast that I'm thinking about selling. I bought this through the official B5 web site about 3 years ago and I've taken it with me to conventions for the last few years and picked up autographs. I've searched and searched online to see if anyone else is selling one to compare prices, but I have not been able to find one.

It is signed by: JMS, Jerry Doyle, Mira Furlan, Bill Mumy, Stephen Furst, Claudia Christian, Richard Biggs, Jason Carter, and Walter Koenig.

JMS posted this description of it online in 2000:

"Folkses:

For the last six years, I've been asked repeatedly -- in email and at conventions -- "Are you ever going to make the original B5 series writers' bible available?" My general reaction was to simply say...maybe someday.

After considerable reflection, and as a Solstice present to B5 viewers...we're finally going to make it available.

This massive tome weighs in at over 60 pages, with comprehensive backgrounds on all the characters as well as guidelines for writing SF for TV in ways that would be different than all of our predecessors. It lays out the first year of the arc and warns potential writers away from areas we plan to explore in later years, has additional backgrounds on regular characters never actually used in the series (such as a strange fellow named Mr. Jones who would have been alternately a bane and ally to Garibaldi), stories that would eventually be filmed, other stories that would never be used, information on the the history and technology of the B5 universe, Psi Corps, Earthforce, the various governments, and other areas...this is the Big One, the Grail of the B5 fictional world. The table of contents alone covers 2 pages.

This bible was ONLY given to prospective writers, who were in turn asked to keep the material totally confidential.

In addition, this document will be peppered with the original illustrations by Peter Ledger used to sell and visualize the series in its earliest stage, including the original keyhole logo, many of them reproduced in full color, others b&w. Some of these images have shown up in various places, but others will be seen here by the world at large for the first time.

(Note: the page counts given do NOT include the pages of artwork, which expand the length further.)

I debated long and hard about whether or not I would ever make these available, but finally decided to give in to the many requests for the release of this material.

This material will shortly be made available at www.thestation.com and via phone orders. I don't know how long we'll make them available, but I suspect it may not be very long.

In reading through the documents, it's like taking a trip back through time to what was, to the very beginnings of the series, what would be, what might've been, what never was...what got abandoned on the side of the road, what was kept. At times the material is coy, informative, deliberately misleading in a couple of places where I wanted to avoid leaks, rude and sometimes it actually makes a rough kind of sense."

I've posted a few pictures of the Season 1 Bible here: http://www.geocities.com/ybmundane/b5bible.html

I would like to sell it within the next 10 days and am open to any offers. Please e-mail me at ybmundane@yahoo.com with any questions or offers.

Marc

I'll give you £5 and an apple. Deal? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I wouldn't know how much these things are worth. It is interesting though... I'd certainly like it, but probably can't afford it.

I would very interested in purchasing it. I don't know how to get a price estimate, but let me know what you find.

Always the best way, that way you should get a fair price.

However, you seem to be a very regular seller, why didn't it occur to you to do it before?

I ran an online comic book store for a little less than a year and most of my Ebay sales were for the business. This is a personal sale and since I had never seen another one like it before, I thought I'd try a couple of message boards to see if there was any interest in it before I put it up for auction.

Marc

Just think of how the "Pet Rock" crazy would have gone if eBay had been around went it started! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Just an FYI in case some of you haven't seen the update to my auction for the Season 1 Bible. I e-mailed Sandy Bruckner to see if she had any info on the print run for the bible and she responded that she thought there were approximately 200 printed.

-Marc

Just a reminder that the auction ends today, Friday, at approximately 3:30 p.m., EST.

-Marc

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back