• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SciFi airs Crusade marathon!

drakh

Regular
All 13 episodes will be run on Monday, OCt 8th, starting at 7 am ET/PT.

Yay!
laugh.gif

Good, I have a couple people who I've made addicted to B5 this run and can allow them to read the mage tril after this.

Perhaps I should record the thing since I doubt it would ever make it to DVD.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Apocalypse Box:
Here is the link for the listing on Oct 8:

http://www.scifi.com/bin/schedulebot.cgi?db=US%3AEastern&ds=1&mon=10.01&wd=d&s=8

I can't wait!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty funny looking schedule. Crusade at 7am and the next show listed in the next line down starting at 8pm. That is good news, and only a few months before B5LR airs. It's worth not being able to see the Crusdade eps right now. Save it till it might help more.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Doing a marathon on a holiday is something Sci Fi's done in the past, most notably with TOS and Farscape. It's a way to gauge interest and hopefully grow it at the same time.

For those of us who would like to see Crusade with new eps on Sci Fi, let's promote the heck out of this and try to make sure they get some notable numbers to look at.

I'll work at drawing up a spell to help it out. I've got a few leftover holodemons around here somewhere...
tongue.gif

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

As I said before! *happy grin* SFC is really supporting B5 and Crusade! If they wanted to re-run Crusade, then obviously it got good enough ratings, and B5 has obviously been getting good enough ratings - why, a series for B5LR is looking better and better...

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cern:
You mean the ones with the big teeth? I thought they were a bit much...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on what and who you have them nibbling on...
wink.gif

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GideonsMine:

Letter writing helps, I never believed that in the past, but so far, it has helped keep the show in the open with the sci fi folks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For addresses and letter tips, I believe you can still find them on the Crusade for Crusade

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
My coven is working on their prayers and chanting and spells. LOL, I am not joking either.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely. Buddhist chants will be put to the influence as well... lol...

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
If they wanted to re-run Crusade, then obviously it got good enough ratings, and B5 has obviously been getting good enough ratings - <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both B5 and Crusade were pretty consistently (and still are for B5) among Sci Fi's top ten for the week.

Reported by Sandra Bruckner at isnnews, a site that is devoted to B5 and Crusade fandom. (Some of you may already be familiar with it...
wink.gif
)

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

Hi gideonsmine...

finally followed you over here...wanna come down south and watch the marathon with me? hehe! this is great news! someone needs to finish this story!!! its just ooo good to drop!
smile.gif

oh to all of you hi.. im alex.. not mr kitty... ms kitty will do nicely! nice to meet you all!

alex

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Technomage Roanna:
I've got a few leftover holodemons around here somewhere...
tongue.gif

Ro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean the ones with the big teeth? I thought they were a bit much...

------------------
Eat More Goat.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Technomage Roanna:
Doing a marathon on a holiday is something Sci Fi's done in the past, most notably with TOS and Farscape. It's a way to gauge interest and hopefully grow it at the same time.

For those of us who would like to see Crusade with new eps on Sci Fi, let's promote the heck out of this and try to make sure they get some notable numbers to look at.

I'll work at drawing up a spell to help it out. I've got a few leftover holodemons around here somewhere...
tongue.gif

Ro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Letter writing helps, I never believed that in the past, but so far, it has helped keep the show in the open with the sci fi folks.

My coven is working on their prayers and chanting and spells. LOL, I am not joking either.

Any influence to the positive will help.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Absolutely. Buddhist chants will be put to the influence as well... lol...

Ro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have written individually over 43,000 letters for Crusade in e-mails and snail mails to sponsors, execs, etc. That letter campaign which was started from the site Crusade for Crusade, appears to have been a tremendous help so far.

I will take any chants and positive energy, many thanks for the Buddhists chants.

I have never taken this much part in any form of trying to save a show because I never believed it would work. As a Trekkie it wasn't as much letter writing in those days. LOL. We were much more vocal, and stranger. Yes, we were strange to say the least.

LOLOLOL

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alexthecat:
Hi gideonsmine...

finally followed you over here...wanna come down south and watch the marathon with me? hehe! this is great news! someone needs to finish this story!!! its just ooo good to drop!
smile.gif

oh to all of you hi.. im alex.. not mr kitty... ms kitty will do nicely! nice to meet you all!

alex

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes woman I am glad to see ya. Big hugs to you and yours and welcome to the other b5 domain (There is a rather mean spirited person here who doesn't like my captain, i am currently ignoring her. LOL). Her name is Jen, yes ma'am, Jen. She doesn't like my captain at all (not the actor, just the character). Which is actually quite fine with me as I wouldn't share him anyone. Not one danged morsel. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

And yes folks, Alex here would gladly take the job of Max's kitty.

LOL

hehehehehehe

Alex is as rabid for max and galen as I am about gideon.

Also, she loves Garibaldi.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

[This message has been edited by GideonsMine (edited August 16, 2001).]

Depends on what and who you have them nibbling on...
wink.gif

Ro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shocked.gif

------------------
Eat More Goat.

The ratings which SCIFI Channel publishes and Sandy re-publishes are somewhat misleading. They figure out their top 10 by taking the highest rating for a show in the week. So if B5 got a 2 one day and a .1 another day, it might end up in the top 10 with that 2.

Also, if a show is on more than once a week and got good enough ratings to make the top 10 with both shows, the lower rating is disguarded.

Unfortunately while that might mean that B5 gets in the top 10 more, it's not how the Network Programmers evaluate a show's success.

Right now B5 repeats aren't doing very well at all. While it started out great, now B5 is starting to get close to the show it replaced in ratings.

Crusade wasn't a superstar but it did OK in it's first run on SCIFI with a .79 average. Just for comparison, First Wave, which got a .9 this week, has been cancelled. Chronicle with a 1.2 got it's back 9 order. It will be interesting to compare Chronicle's ratings to a Farscape marathon or something similar.

Sorry to be so downbeat. I wish the numbers were a bit better.

Best,
Alyson

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> She doesn't like my captain at all (not the actor, just the character). Which is actually quite fine with me as I wouldn't share him anyone. Not one danged morsel. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! That's what YOU think!
wink.gif

------------------
Demon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Right now B5 repeats aren't doing very well at all. While it started out great, now B5 is starting to get close to the show it replaced in ratings.

Crusade wasn't a superstar but it did OK in it's first run on SCIFI with a .79 average. Just for comparison, First Wave, which got a .9 this week, has been cancelled. Chronicle with a 1.2 got it's back 9 order. It will be interesting to compare Chronicle's ratings to a Farscape marathon or something similar.

Sorry to be so downbeat. I wish the numbers were a bit better.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, this is no surprise, I'm sorry to say. SciFi has now shown B5 pretty much stright through twice. Interest is bound to drop (myself, I'm still annoyed that there are episodes that I've missed...).

To the best of my knowledge, neither B5 nor Crusade have been given a lot of publicity, either. Nor can we expect them to get as much attention as "first run" shows.

Even Trek: TOS wears down now and again, I'm sure...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>To the best of my knowledge, neither B5 nor Crusade have been given a lot of publicity, either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

B5 got a lot of promotion before its debut last September, and Crusade promos ("In the order it was meant to be seen") were all over the place in the week before it ran in April. So I don't think you can blame the ratings on lack of publicity.

What might help B5's ratings a bit is if Sci-Fi advertised the start of each new rerun cycle. There are probably a lot of people who would like to give the show a try, but hate trying to pick it up "in the middle." Promos on other shows or (fat chance) other networks announcing a chance to watch Babylon 5 "from the beginning" (the way F/X is doing with Buffy) might attract new viewers, and help off-set the "defectors"
smile.gif
who aren't ready to start over with "The Gathering" the day after watching "Sleeping in Light."

Actually, F/X and Buffy make me a little nervous, because I believe they have the show scheduled for weeknights at 7 PM ET (does F/X have a west coast feed?) and there seems to be a fair amount of overlap between the audience for the two shows. At the very least, B5 may be facing a timeslot change if the competiton gets too hot.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Good! I can re-tape the shows. I have digital cable now and the quality is 100x better than it was before. I should have the new comp and video editing software/hardware shortly thereafter to burn them all to CD so I don't wear 'em out.

------------------
I'm lobbying for someplace more comfortable for our next gathering place. A nice resort with a beach. A bunch of pale skinned technomages in black robes would fit right in.

http://www.kellishaver.com/webring - technomage webring

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back