• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

sci-fi schedule

GKarsEye

Regular
Since Objets in Motion was on Monday, I assume that means Objects in Rest will be on tonight and Sleeping in Light will be on Wednesday. Does that mean they're going to start the series from the beginning on Thursday? Will they show the first half of the pilot on Thursday and the second half on Friday, beginning season 1 on Monday?

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Yeah "The Gathering" Part 1 will air Thursday, and "The Gathering" Part 2 will air Friday. And season 1 starts on Monday. Yeah!!

Now all I need is some tapes and Im set.
smile.gif

------------------
I'll tell them that we're declaring war on earth. That'll give them something positive to think about." Delenn-The Ragged Edge

Oh, and Mundanes and school Suck.

The Gathering is the only B5 ep I have never seen! Bless you for the head's up!
smile.gif

------------------
"Thin air? Why is it always thin air? Never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-could-stand-lose-a-few-pounds air?"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Psi-Kid:
Yeah "The Gathering" Part 1 will air Thursday, and "The Gathering" Part 2 will air Friday. And season 1 starts on Monday. Yeah!!

Now all I need is some tapes and Im set.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How very interesting that 'The Gathering' is being played as a 'two parter'. Here in Canada, Space:The Imagineation Station considers it to be a movie (or purchased it as part of a 'b5 movies package.' I don't know exactly.) This meant that for many of the run-thrus of the series 'The Gathering' was not able to be shown, as they no longer had the broadcast rights to any of the 'movies'.

Why do you suppose it is not treated the same way in the US?

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Why do you suppose it is not treated the same way in the US?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until the Sci-Fi Channel picked up the show, it was. Neither PTEN nor TNT ever aired it as a two-part episode.

I think that Sci-Fi decided that some of the plot threads (the hole in Sinclair's mind, Lyta's scan of Kosh, and G'Kar's offer to Lyta) were important enough that the pilot should be incorporated into the regular episode rotation rather than air as a separate TV movie. I'm told that the same thing was done when the show ran in some European countries.

In any event, it was a decision made very early on. When they first announced that they had acquired the rights to the series and movies in March of 2000, the press release specifically mentioned "all 112 episodes and 4 TV movies" - which a lot of folks, including JMS, thought was a typo. But they evidently always planned to run The Gathering as a two-part episode, and counted things accordingly.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Until the Sci-Fi Channel picked up the show, it was. Neither PTEN nor TNT ever aired it as a two-part episode. ....

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes sense now. Thanks Joe.

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back