• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Reproduction in Psi-Corps

Not really sure of that. Ivanava spoke of her being able to initiate contact with her mother when she was "a little girl" and she was P1/2. Puberty may be a cut-off date rather than the onset.

Precisely. If the child exhibited tendencies earlier, you would know it was a teep, but, if the child didn't exhibit tendencies, you couldn't be sure it wasn't a teep until after puberty set in, and even then some have gotten through.

I guess I'll have to read the TP trilogy :D. Started once, but it was the last book, (from library) and didn't want to spoil the story so I quit reading. As I almost did with the TM trilogy, though I read all of the last book :eek:.(available, also from library). Had to purchase entire Centauri trilogy as they were all available at the same time!!! And thats a story I HAD to know the rest/end of. ;)

In the ep "Divided Loyalties" Ivanova tells Sheridan that her mother taught her how to avoid the tests at school. So, I am making the assumption that regular tests for psi-ability were done on all kids from an early age - much like schools test for hearing and sight now [do they do that in the States?]. We aren't told how often they are done, but it must be at least once every couple of years or so
Obviously, it varies a great deal as to when psi-ability manifests itself. Some would be active telepaths at birth - especially if both their parents were telepaths. Some would start to show ability as they grew up. Others would manifest at puberty.
Telepathic ability does in some cases seem to manifest itself suddenly and unexpectidly - with no prior history in the family. There is the young girl in "Legacies" who is in the middle of shoplifting when her ability seems to suddenly just 'wake up'. She screams and collapses.
And there is the Psi-Corps member who acompanies that power-mad Colonel [sorry can't remember his name] in "Eyes". He tells Ivanova that at sixteen he had joined Earthforce to become a fighter pilot - and Earthforce probably has tests for psi-ability as well, when his abilities manifested at sixteen.

It was all caused by Vorlon tampering. Some non-telepaths would have the genes for it, but if they had children with another mundane with telepath genes, they could get a telepath baby.
The shoplifting thing probably caused it to manifest, just like a big accident can give heart attacks to spectators, but it would probably have happened anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back