• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Received a thank you letter from SCI FI and Jeep…

Cerberus

Regular
Received a thank you letter from SCI FI and Jeep…

I opened my mailbox today and behold a package from SCI FI.

It was a very nice one-page type letter of appreciation for supporting Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers. It also talked about programming for 2002/2003 and beyond. Talked about how SCI FI is quickly approaching 80 million home and continues to attract a wider audience. The closing paragraph was a promotion for TAKEN. This is a 20 hour mini-series that will be shown in 10 days.

The signature was by:

Diane Johnston
Vice President-USA Cable Detroit Ad Sales.

The signature was also handwritten. (A nice touch)

===========================================================
Along with the letter I received a B5:Legend of the Rangers t-shirt along with a notepad that has as the footer:

Scifi logo Taken logo and the website for taken scifi.com/taken.

The first page of the notepad had a handwritten message on it and I will type it here:

Thank you for your support of the SCI FI Channel! If you enjoyed Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers. Be sure to check out Steven Spielberg’s ‘Taken’ airing in December.

I realize this is a promotion for ‘Taken’ but it was nice to receive a thank you for your support of Rangers and a handwritten note, along with the t-shirt. This also gives me a good reason to write back a thank you to them and politely ask to reconsider Babylon 5 in some form.

I just wanted to share the good news.

Cerberus

Re: Received a thank you letter from SCI FI and Jeep…

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cerberus:
<font color=yellow>I realize this is a promotion for ‘Taken’ but it was nice to receive a thank you for your support of Rangers and a handwritten note, along with the t-shirt. This also gives me a good reason to write back a thank you to them and politely ask to reconsider Babylon 5 in some form.

I just wanted to share the good news.

Cerberus</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

They're just trying to transition you, from B5 (which they'll probably be dropping pretty soon) to their new stuff, hoping not to lose a viewer.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>They're just trying to transition you, from B5 (which they'll probably be dropping pretty soon) to their new stuff, hoping not to lose a viewer.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Ya, I know; but it was nice to get a letter and a t-shirt from them. It also justifies me writing them a letter for more B5.

KoshN did you read my other post about the B-ball game. Man, that read just like the football game. It will be interesting to see if the west coast numbers are any better.

Well, I agree with what you said, but it was still gesture on Scifi's part.

See ya,

Cerberus

I also think they would like it if you bought a car. :)

I'm sure that they were also hoping that you would do exactly what you did--spread the word. They just got several advertising impressions for the price of a stamp and a few minutes to write the letter.

"Relationship marketing" at work. Pretty clever.

And...of course...you are going to buy that car aren't you?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cerberus:
<font color=yellow>KoshN did you read my other post about the B-ball game. Man, that read just like the football game.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Saw it, but didn't read the thread. I avoid all things B-ball, even threads about B-ball. I'm not a sports fan anymore, and never was a sports fanatic.

I've got to say though, that with the demise of some sci-fi at the hands of sports, I am moving from being uninterested in sports to an active dislike of sports. I should be getting used to this kind of thing though, the discontinuance on something I like, while stuff I "couldn't care less about" or "can't stand" flourishes. It happens a lot. Since Crusade, it's really started to piss me off. The result is that I'm now much less likely to start watching a show, to invest any time in it at all, and I'm getting damn tired of the people I personally know, attacking and making fun of sci-fi. If I was a helluva lot smaller of a person, I'd start attacking the stuff I know they like, <u>just to mess with them</u>.

Let's see. My cousin Jim likes Jazz, and loves Hammond Organs. I bought my current car from him, and it still has Pittsburgh Jazz Society stickers on it. I never took them off. Maybe it's time to take them off and replace them with Jazz Sucks! [1] or Hammond B3's Are For Stubborn, Grouchy Old Farts Who Can't Wrap Their Brains Around Sci-Fi. Hehe. This could be fun. [Evil Smiley emoticon] You have to realize that Jim takes every opportunity to put down anything you like, and lauding anything he likes. I've been hearing his crap for years. It's as if the only person on the face of the earth with a right to an opinion is him, and everybody else is wrong unless they agree with him. Whenever he sees me reading sci-fi, he goes on attack mode. My response, so far, is just to defend, or say I like it and he doesn't have to like it, so what. One of these days,though, right to the moon!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

[1] I like some Jazz, but I'd have to "pretend" I don't.

Guess what? I got one, too! I feel like writing back & saying, "Sure, I will watch Taken. Could I have more in the B5 universe, too?" /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Actually, I *was* planning to watch Taken, since Matt Frewer ("Max Headroom") is in it.

Tammy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>They just got several advertising impressions for the price of a stamp and a few minutes to write the letter.
<hr></blockquote>

Well, the stamp, the letter, the t-shirt, the notepad and that funny cell-phone thingy (which I still haven't looked at or figured out.)

I'm a little disappointed because I only got a standard Sci-Fi t-shirt, instead of a Rangers shirt. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Guess they ran out of the Rangers ones early.

Regards,

Joe

One of my favorite t-shirts is one I found in a Salvation Army.

"I Am Sci-Fi," says the front.
"www.scifi.com" says the back.

It's damncool.

Too bad it's getting so ratty I can hardly wear it anymore.

I can't wait to see Taken because Julie Benz is in it. I'd fly to America just to see it!

However, I thought she was lead.... but it seems not by the cast pages there. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
<font color=yellow>I'm a little disappointed because I only got a standard Sci-Fi t-shirt, instead of a Rangers shirt. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Guess they ran out of the Rangers ones early.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Want mine (Rangers shirt, XL)? I'll trade it for a Crusade shirt (They had those, didn't they?)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Want mine (Rangers shirt, XL)? I'll trade it for a Crusade shirt (They had those, didn't they?)
<hr></blockquote>

They might have had them, but I don't. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Too bad, the Rangers shirt is a large, and I do need an XL.

Joe

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
<font color=yellow>They might have had them, but I don't. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Too bad, the Rangers shirt is a large, and I do need an XL.

Joe</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

My Rangers shirt is an "ADULT XL (46-48)/TG/XG" ....but if you don't have a Crusade shirt, oh well. *sigh* /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

I can paint the Excalibur on the front of a Hanes and send it out...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>I can paint the Excalibur on the front of a Hanes and send it out...</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif IIRC, TNT had a Crusade t-shirt, so I'd just have to excise the TNT crap from it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=yellow>Here's a Crusade shirt. It's pretty bad. Custom-made in, uh, three minutes.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.cafepress.com/cryoterrace>http://www.cafepress.com/cryoterrace</a>
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Why thank you, especially for the "Just for KoshN..." part of the page. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

How did you do that? I mean, how did you get a design up for sale, and wouldn't "The Powers That Be" take a dim view of that? Me, I didn't see nuthin (if you know what I mean). /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

The design on the Crusade shirt and the design on the Z'ha'dum tee are both mine.

All you do for cafepress is create a design on Photoshop and upload it onto a shirt. They print it for you when somebody orders. It's really quite a cool system.

They have a list of stuff you can and can't put on shirts. The Zhadum shirt is fine. I'm not so sure about the Crusade one, so don't order it quite yet. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Very cool. /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

<font color=yellow>The design on the Crusade shirt and the design on the Z'ha'dum tee are both mine.

All you do for cafepress is create a design on Photoshop and upload it onto a shirt. They print it for you when somebody orders. It's really quite a cool system.

They have a list of stuff you can and can't put on shirts. The Zhadum shirt is fine. I'm not so sure about the Crusade one, so don't order it quite yet. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Well, I could circumvent the whole thing by doing one in Photoshop and using the iron-on material for my Alps MD-5000. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I could, too, but that would require getting my butt up and driving to the mall to buy iron-on material, a new printer cartridge (it's all dry), and a printer that actually *works* (mine is a second-hand POS that prints lines down the middle of every single line of text).

So cafepress is a blessing. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back