• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

RANGERS banner at theforce.net!

The "lunch money" banner is up at www.theforce.net although they don't seem to have it up 100% of the time. I'm definitely happy that the ad is appearing on a site with such a high profile in SF movie fandom.

------------------

I saw it too. Im going to ask them I i can use their banner to promote B5LR on the MOD site. Which is being shut down my Geocities because too many people were getting on!!

------------------
Webmaster for B5:A2
Babylon 5: Armada II
A MOD for Star Trek: Armada II
www.geocities.com/babylon5armda2

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Springob:
The "lunch money" banner is up at www.theforce.net although they don't seem to have it up 100% of the time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just went there then and i saw a different banner.

On this Banner is has a pic of Dulann :first officer

and beside his head it say's "I see dead people too" then a flash of the ghost with the wide mouth from the trailer appeard then dissappears..

Um then screen changes to writing it says " A new kind of evil demands a new kind of courage"

hmmn my comp just crashed and I forgot what the rest of it said..

It was similar style to the lunch money one.

hmmn even betetr here is the url for it.

Dulann Ad

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited November 25, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
I just saw one that said "I'm Sarah. I enjoy long walks...holding hands...and KICKING BUTT."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I just saw that one also I like it
here url for it.
Sarah ad

Also found the malcom bridge's one

Malcom ad

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited November 25, 2001).]

The ads appearing all over ign.com, just not theforce.net.

------------------
"When a spark goes online, there's great joy --
When one's extinguished, the universe weeps." (audio)
-- Rhinox, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

I'm going to keep my mouth shut for now as to what I think of the text of these ads...

"A new kind of evil needs a new type of courage" (typos abound) is a good catchphrase.

The phrase KICKING BUTT, for me, screams infantility. But that's just me.

"Excuse our covert ops officer - he isn't himself today..." made me giggle.

"I see dead people too." Intriguing. Dead people?

An okay job, but they could have done a lot better with the rest of the ad copy, IMHO.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

[This message has been edited by channe (edited November 25, 2001).]

Not bad, some were quite amusing.
laugh.gif

But as always, there is room for improvement.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited November 25, 2001).]

I'm glad that it's not just the "Remember the Shadows?" banner, because it seems to me that that would only serve to put off people who hadn't seen and enjoyed B5. "I'm not watching that - I don't know who these Shadow guys are!"

Oooh! Sudden flash of those space-snowflakes beating up Hank Marvin!

(Explanatory note: Hank Marvin was the lead guitarist in a group called The Shadows, who were very big in the '60s; they made many recordings with Cliff Richard and appeared in a number of films with him, including one of the Thunderbirds movies)

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
"I see dead people too." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I guess that settles one thing for sure.
Spoiler box, just in case:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>That ranger guy with the huge gaping mouth that we saw in the trailer.
smile.gif

Sounds as if he's a ghost alright, not an experiment with the changeling net gone awry as some speculated when the trailer was released.</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back