• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers + B5 movie marathon, SUNDAY JUNE 2

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

for the sake of B5, please, all of you who are able to, watch the B5 movie marothon ALL THE WAY THROUGH in support of B5 and the possible continuation of the B5 universe on television. yes, unfortunatly this means sitting all the way through the snorefest that is A River Of Souls, but for B5 i am sure we can all do it. it may not do anything for B5 now, but a show of support on JUNE 2 followed by a renewed letter writting campaign will at least show sci-fi, the sponsors, JMS and WB that we still love B5 and it may do well for the future of the B5 universe. i, for one, intend to park my happy @$$ in front of my television, even though i have all 5 movies on casset, and watch the marathon from beginning to end. i urge you all to do the same. thats really all that i have to say for now

Here is a actual E-mail that I recieved from Sci-Fi with all the juicey details about the movies your mentioning, on June 5th.
------------------------------------------------------------
SCIFI.COM SPECIAL NEWS UPDATE!

* SCI FI ONAIR: -BABYLON 5- MOVIE MARATHON
http://www.scifi.com/onair/movies/
Sunday, June 2, 1PM ET/PT to 11PM ET/PT
-----------
It's an all-day -BABYLON 5- fest when SCI FI presents five - B5- movies in widescreen! First up is the flashback "origin story,"
-IN THE BEGINNING-. Next up: -THIRDSPACE-, guest starring SHARI BELAFONTE and cult-fave CLAUDIA CHRISTIAN; -THE RIVER OF SOULS-,
guest-starring MARTIN SHEEN; -A CALL TO ARMS,- bridging -B5- and the sequel series -CRUSADE-, and wrapping it up at 9PM is the SCI FI PICTURES Original, -THE LEGEND OF THE RANGERS-. Go five for -5-!
------------------------------------------------------------
Well it would apear that maybe one of several possibilities.
One Sci-Fi's ratings have been sucking major eggs since all the B-5 fans stopped supporting it. So they decided to give it another shot......
Or........ two, there trying to milk the thing for all it's worth.
Or three, they feel bad and are just trying to be civil about it
by airing them again.

I'm hoping it's one!!! But life does always work out that kindly.
Here's hoping though.

Oh yeah.............. I'm BACK!!!
-----------------------------
"You have always been here." Kosh speaking to Sheridan from All Alone In The Night.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by for the one:
<font color=yellow> It's an all-day -BABYLON 5- fest when SCI FI presents five - B5- movies in widescreen! First up is the flashback "origin story,"
-IN THE BEGINNING-. Next up: -THIRDSPACE-, guest starring SHARI BELAFONTE and cult-fave CLAUDIA CHRISTIAN; -THE RIVER OF SOULS-,
guest-starring MARTIN SHEEN; -A CALL TO ARMS,- bridging -B5- and the sequel series -CRUSADE-, and wrapping it up at 9PM is the SCI FI PICTURES Original, -THE LEGEND OF THE RANGERS-. Go five for -5-!
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

<font color=red>Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.</font color=red>

Those good men who have cable. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Which is why I'm not somewhere glued to the TV. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

How will anyone know if I do or don't watch it at all? Unless I write a letter saying that I did.

I wonder how much good it would do if I were. /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Bonnie always seemed sympathetic to the B5 cause. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't, but I somehow have gotten the impression that she's not the main force behind the "no go" at Sci-Fi for "Rangers".

I think it might have been the fact that no one between WB and SCiFi wanted to foot the damned bills.

Geeze, maybe I am sounding like BH at this point. /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif

I agree that she was pretty good for Rangers. She got behind "the cause" to the point where she got her car wrapped for it. I don't recall that happening for any other show.

It was the bills.

Nobody wanted to pay for it.

That, and the fact that Americans HAD to watch football... gah.

Yea, and it isn't even properly called football, not around the world at least. "American football" couldn't even find an original name. You tell me, what sounds more like "football": soccer (where you cannot catch and hold the ball with your hands?) or "American football" ?

/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

I'm using that smilie too much these days. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

If hypatia were Bonnie Hammer in disguise, we'd all be watching a Ranger series right now. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RW7427:
<font color=yellow>If hypatia were Bonnie Hammer in disguise, we'd all be watching a Ranger series right now. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
LOL! I'd like to say "bingo" or "you got that right". But I don't know how much she's actually in control over there.

Even Bonnie Hammer has people she must answer to. I don't know the tv numbers business, but I just get the impression that the ratings just were not there.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif I wouldn't lose my job promoting a series that really might not have a chance of panning out for me.

Hmmm, maybe I AM Bonnie Hammer. /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif And turning down a Rangers series caused me such mental trauma that I got amnesia and took over the life of my clone, the math teacher. /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif

I've been reading too much in the threads that talk about the new Star Wars movie. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Besides, passing up on the Rangers series IS enough to drive anyone mad.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back